Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I agree we could do with some slight tweaking, but I don't feel quite strongly enough about it to boycott playing my Mage, who I have a nostalgic relation to, who I AM in WoW.

Feel free to reroll to Warlock or Rogue or Warrior or whatever the FotM class is this patch, more demand for a steady Mage in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    Mage's single target is the only thing that doesn't have to be touched ..
    Well maybe not, but I must say I do not enjoy playing a mage now. Feels like rotation is more set in stone than ever.... there's hardly any room to juggle or experiment a bit. Also I miss the 6 charges on Arcane Barrage....
    So basically damage is nerfed into the ground (hate to say it, but it is, mages are in the bottom of DPS atm which is sad since they can only be DPS) and on top of that the rotation is more boring than ever.... has little to do with mana management anymore or trying to keep close to 100% as much as possible.... the only diversion is when you get Arcane Missiles proc, apart from that all you can do is press the buttons in the same order over and over....
    Previously you would have an occasional burn phase and then build up again etc. Or occasionally go for more AB than 6 balancing when to blow ABarr and AM that would get you up back to 100%.
    Maybe I'm not good at explaining, but the damage nerf isn't the worst imo, it's the boring playstyle... although dmg nerf is over the top imo.

I don't have to be top DPS all the time, but as a pure DPS class I do believe mages should be doing better really....

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyx77 View Post
    Middle?

I Wish!

Though it sounds like you stumbled in here by accident >.<

Check out raidbots, the average level of mages overall is bottom 5 classes group, that isnt middle, thats the foot...
    Being in positions 3-8 class wise is right in the middle of the pack, its the ones above and below that's imbalanced. And looking at raidbots, that's right where you are - middle of the pack.

Mages are finally balanced (at least in PvE), and now there's some tears, that's all this is.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2013-03-11 at 07:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    So you're saying that mages are middle of the pack now instead of a top class for every fight?

Good.
    No, they're bottom of the pack, very, very, bottom.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is what everyone needs to keep in mind: Blizzard doesn't balance around normal modes one week after a patch has come out. What they DON'T want to do is buff us right now so we feel better about normal modes, then when we end up in the gear they balance around those buffs turn to complete domination...which then results in a nerf. No one wants to struggle, get buffed, then nerfed again. Seriously, patience is a virtue.
    BfA Beta Time

Being in positions 3-8 class wise is right in the middle of the pack, its the ones above and below that's imbalanced. And looking at raidbots, that's right where you are - middle of the pack.

Mages are finally balanced (at least in PvE), and now there's some tears, that's all this is.
    When you have no utility at all you can't be middle of the pack. Why bring a middle of the pack dps with no utility?

15+ Year Old Account

That's not entirely true. From a raiding perspective, if a pure class brings lackluster DPS and nothing else...why bring it to a raid? People don't like feeling like liabilities to their group, which is what I assume most Mages raiding right now feel like.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    That's not entirely true. From a raiding perspective, if a pure class brings lackluster DPS and nothing else...why bring it to a raid? People don't like feeling like liabilities to their group, which is what I assume most Mages raiding right now feel like.
    Exactly how I feel, even though we only have 5 dps, i feel that just 1 week on from our last reset that I am a loss, if I had the dps from last weekend this week we would have killed our progression (its only hof, but its progression to us), instead I had 20k less and we wiped with 7% left.

This is what everyone needs to keep in mind: Blizzard doesn't balance around normal modes one week after a patch has come out. What they DON'T want to do is buff us right now so we feel better about normal modes, then when we end up in the gear they balance around those buffs turn to complete domination...which then results in a nerf. No one wants to struggle, get buffed, then nerfed again. Seriously, patience is a virtue.
    I find it hard to believe anyone can justify how Mages are balanced at the moment. We pay as consumers an incredible amount of money to this company; only for them to poorly plan out our class for this expansion.

They have missed the boat completely, (fire being incredibly op with critical mass at the start, loopholes with stack camping in arcane).

They had the whole time during BETA to get the class right and balance us accordingly and get our scaling right. Its never going to be perfect, nobody demands that. We just want some consistency. I have swapped specs at least 20 times with full reforges and gems and we are 2 tiers into this expac, completely unacceptable. This was not due to boredom, it was due to changes consistently made by the devs to adjust our numbers so we either overpowered or under-powered due to both PVP and PVE aspects of the game.

You can't use the excuse we aren't balanced for normal modes; that is poor design by the developers. We definately SHOULD be designed for both normal and heroic modes for each tier of raiding. I can assure you when the big wigs at blizzard have board meetings discussing how they want the game to go forward, having classes unbalanced for normal modes and only balanced for heroics in heroic gear was never on the agenda.

I know that in a few months all will be fine, not gonna cry about it. I only shed tears when people defend blizz devs and their class design choices which have been absolutely shocking this expansion so far.

Don't look at the players who are on the forums voicing their opinions as emo QQ'rs just trying to top the meters. They are passionate people who are making a stand for equality with their class, its who they are in the game, they have the right to defend it.

I find it hard to believe anyone can justify how Mages are balanced at the moment. We pay as consumers an incredible amount of money to this company; only for them to poorly plan out our class for this expansion.

They have missed the boat completely, (fire being incredibly op with critical mass at the start, loopholes with stack camping in arcane).

They had the whole time during BETA to get the class right and balance us accordingly and get our scaling right. Its never going to be perfect, nobody demands that. We just want some consistency. I have swapped specs at least 20 times with full reforges and gems and we are 2 tiers into this expac, completely unacceptable. This was not due to boredom, it was due to changes consistently made by the devs to adjust our numbers so we either overpowered or under-powered due to both PVP and PVE aspects of the game.

You can't use the excuse we aren't balanced for normal modes; that is poor design by the developers. We definately SHOULD be designed for both normal and heroic modes for each tier of raiding. I can assure you when the big wigs at blizzard have board meetings discussing how they want the game to go forward, having classes unbalanced for normal modes and only balanced for heroics in heroic gear was never on the agenda.

I know that in a few months all will be fine, not gonna cry about it. I only shed tears when people defend blizz devs and their class design choices which have been absolutely shocking this expansion so far.

Don't look at the players who are on the forums voicing their opinions as emo QQ'rs just trying to top the meters. They are passionate people who are making a stand for equality with their class, its who they are in the game, they have the right to defend it.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...l/7/60/median/ 25 man 3 of the bottom 4. http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...l/7/60/median/ On 10 man 3 of the bottom 4. What pray tell are you looking at?

Swizzle has a point about patience, but in all honesty, if we don't bitch and moan, and things stay the same, we won't get anything fixed. That's just the way it is. Perspective is nice, but so is being realistic.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2013-03-11 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Maybe at the end of this tier fire will be on top, I don't know, but then the tier will be ended, is nonsense, at the end of the tier I don't care the damage I'll do. I like progression, not farming.
    I think this is an important point that isn't brought up enough. Many cite that Fire will be strong at 530 and above. Perhaps this is true. But by the time guilds get around to giving Mages enough gear to get them to 530 (which implies heroics, of course, as even normal thunderforged is only 528), progression will likely be long since over.

I don't play to be carried; I play to struggle and down the tough fights, which I can't do if I'm sat and have to watch my guild do it on the stream.

Deleted
    It's relatively funny how half the people in here ask for buffs and half say that mages "deserve" to be near the bottom of the dps charts on EVERY fight and are fine. I'm obviously not completely serious with the previous statement nor is it anywhere near being entirely accurate - either way Blizzard didn't seem to think that mages are fine and now we'll be buffed for heroic progression. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabert View Post
    Thoughts?
    Mixed. The truth is something needed to be done, but from what GC said, they will be passive buffs, meaning damage modifier changes, and frankly.. thats the last thing mages need atm, cause we will start to scale upwards again later in the tier due all the crit on gear. Now I'm not complaining, as I was already sitting for progression on the first boss, as I got really unlucky on gear run this week and am at really low crit rating atm, making fire really undesirable in our progress raid group. But at the end of this tier, I fear that mages will get nerfed again, and will turn out worse than they would be with current modifiers etc.

Deleted
    Welcome to the rest of WoW mages... now how about you sit down shut up and think about if you really enjoy this class or if you were only playing it because mages were blizzards little pet being overpowered for so long. I think you guys deserve a few months of sucking before you get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubb View Post
    Welcome to the rest of WoW mages... now how about you sit down shut up and think about if you really enjoy this class or if you were only playing it because mages were blizzards little pet being overpowered for so long. I think you guys deserve a few months of sucking before you get anything.
    Too late, already got a buff. How about you go troll your own class now.