Thread: Weapon choices

10+ Year Old Account

Weapon choices

I have problems deciding which weapons to wield for my offspec (Fury) I have 2 LFR Weapons, 1h or Normal Starshatter / Gravetouch Greatsword. I think the first option would probably best, but I'd like your opinion too.

Kilrak, Jaws of Terror(LFR, No Sha gem, No upgrade) and Elegion, the Fanged Crescent(LFR, No upgrade)

or
    Starshatter(Normal, No Upgrade) and Gravetouch Greatsword(Upgraded)

Thanks in advance!

~Tom
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    The former is better.
    Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry, but English isn't my first language; Former means the first option, aka Kilrak and Elegion, right?

Also; for future reference; When deciding what to do in these type of situations, would you say you can just add up the item levels of the 2 weapons, and pick the highest one?
    Warlock (SL main)

My suggestion would be to go Arms, due to your heaviest weapon being Normal Starshatter.
    If you don't want to, then I recommend Fury with the two LFR 1handers, until you find upgrades.
    As a last resort, you should go TF Fury, if you don't like wielding 1handers and are willing to sacrifice your dps just to feel like a real man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    My suggestion would be to go Arms, due to your heaviest weapon being Normal Starshatter.
    If you don't want to, then I recommend Fury with the two LFR 1handers, until you find upgrades.
    As a last resort, you should go TF Fury, if you don't like wielding 1handers and are willing to sacrifice your dps just to feel like a real man.
    Yeah, Arms would be the obvious choice. It's just that I've just gotten used to the Fury playstyle, which took me quite some time to get used to, so I don't want to start all over again. ;-) As for upgrading my other 2h, that should be quite easy to do now, as we run MSV's still for members/alts. So a second Starshatter should be quite easy to obtain.

Thanks for your advice!
    Warlock (SL main)

On slightly-off-topic, you can win 1H weapons in LFR when you are Titan's Grip, right? I just switched to fury a couple of weeks ago and haven't got any yet... does the game see if you're using TG or SMF, or just that you're Fury and can get both?

Quote Originally Posted by jrch5618 View Post
    On slightly-off-topic, you can win 1H weapons in LFR when you are Titan's Grip, right? I just switched to fury a couple of weeks ago and haven't got any yet... does the game see if you're using TG or SMF, or just that you're Fury and can get both?
    When you go to the dungeon journal, and filter out by spec, whatever you see is what you can win. Fury gets all weapons, regardless of what you have equipped. Currently the game never looks at what you have equipped, solely a check to see what spec you are. Bonus rolls work the same way in that it goes by spec so if you want you can change specs after the boss dies to use your bonus roll on a different spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry, but English isn't my first language; Former means the first option, aka Kilrak and Elegion, right?

Also; for future reference; When deciding what to do in these type of situations, would you say you can just add up the item levels of the 2 weapons, and pick the highest one?
    Not necessarily. Generally (this tier and previous tier) SMF has been higher damage. Which means in SOME cases having an overall lower ilvl weapons may be better (Eg 510 and 504 TG would be worse than say 504 and 502 SMF). It depends on numerous factors though, such as stat weight on the weapons, AoE v single target fights, length of execute phase, etc, as well as how much higher the main hand weapon damage is (Main hand ilvl is more important than OH).

Quick question. I have a 497 Starshatter and a 489 Starshatter I'm currently using for TG fury. Just got the 522 1hander off of Jin and was wondering if I should go SMF with a 476 offhand, stay TG with the 2 Starshatters, or go Arms until a second 1hander drops from Jin. Thanks for your help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundaar View Post
    Quick question. I have a 497 Starshatter and a 489 Starshatter I'm currently using for TG fury. Just got the 522 1hander off of Jin and was wondering if I should go SMF with a 476 offhand, stay TG with the 2 Starshatters, or go Arms until a second 1hander drops from Jin. Thanks for your help.
    I would go SMF, the damage gain from the 522 over your 497 starshatter will be massive, and you also get an extra socket if you're up to date with your black prince questline.