Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No Longer able to receive Loot while Cross Realm for 5.2 World Bosses

We’re in the process of implementing a hotfix that will remove players’ eligibility to receive loot from Oondasta and Nalak, The Storm Lord if they’re not on their home realm.

We think it’s great that encounters like Oondasta have been able to bring back some of the excitement of massive spontaneous outdoor raids. However, with cross-realm groups giving the ability to play with friends on each other’s realms, the amount of people concentrating on a single realm to try to zerg these bosses down can unfortunately cause a number of stability issues, impacting the availability of the game for everyone.

While Nalak isn’t available yet, we want to preemptively address this so that the first realm to unlock it doesn’t then become the single focus for the rest of the region.
    Source: Official Forums
    Last edited by Elvine; 2013-03-12 at 01:39 AM.

Was this due to an exploit? I'm a little behind.

Also: Cheaters never win and winners never cheat.

I think that their hardware just can't handle that many people trying to force their way into a specific server?

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post

No.. boss is too hard for 40 people, so people were doing it with 120+ people to kill it. Blizz says thats a stability issue, so ended 120+ ppl receiving loot.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    I think that their hardware just can't handle that many people trying to force their way into a specific server?
    Well having 200+ people in one spot with all the spell effects and aoe, you could see how that would affect server stability and how much it would lag.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

well another boss i wont get to experiance prior to being obsolete

outland eu is sure fun horde side .....
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post

Some people were making 6+ raid groups and it would crash the world server when they did the boss, that's the only reason they're doing this.

So to quote someone from the official thread, it's ok for crz people to take resources and rare spawns, but not to actually help with world bosses and be rewarded for it. How nice. The one instance I might have been glad to see someone from in a crz zone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great, now I will never going to be able to kill him on my lame server.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Some people were making 6+ raid groups and it would crash the world server when they did the boss, that's the only reason they're doing this.
    Why not make him easier to kill and people would not have to bring hordes of people...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Hmmm, I'm no professional, however, it would seem that the need for 200+ people to kill a raid boss is a problem in itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post

Why not make him easier to kill and people would not have to bring hordes of people...
    Galleon. /10char

Oh I agree, it should be the same as galleon was. Luckily I managed to kill it on a cross-server raid once, and I'm guessing that will be the only time I'll have ever seen him, unless of course I'm somehow on when he randomly spawns on my server.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh I agree, it should be the same as galleon was. Luckily I managed to kill it on a cross-server raid once, and I'm guessing that will be the only time I'll have ever seen him, unless of course I'm somehow on when he randomly spawns on my server.
    I tried to get twice, once with like 160 people on my server and another time on another server where we got him to like 1% and wiped:/
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    With this change I think we can expect to see a nerf to the Spitfire mechanic, since that seemed to be the only reason to bring so many people. If that is changed it's really just another typical world boss, could probably be 25 manned in a months time if that one mechanic is altered.
    And why would it need to 25 manned? So everyone can down him?

I tried to get twice, once with like 160 people on my server and another time on another server where we got him to like 1% and wiped:/
    Yeah, it's pretty much just how fast people can get back from the graveyard to get their 5 hits in and then die to something. Don't worry, you'll get your 25g or 50g off him some day!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's pretty much just how fast people can get back from the graveyard to get their 5 hits in and then die to something. Don't worry, you'll get your 25g or 50g off him some day!
    I mean... what do you think is going to happen if more then one raid could easily get loot from him and it is super hard? Of course people are going to get as much people as they can to kill him. Blizzard has been cutting themselves with Occam's razors these days.

Deleted
    Amazing. Since my toons are stuck on a low pop realm that's just another reason not to re-sub. Blizzard sure makes it easy to not care anymore these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    Amazing. Since my toons are stuck on a low pop realm that's just another reason not to re-sub. Blizzard sure makes it easy to not care anymore these days.
    Not much was keeping you anyways since you conveniently ignored WHY they did it. SERVER STABILITY. They aren't being bad at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not much was keeping you anyways since you conveniently ignored WHY they did it. SERVER STABILITY. They aren't being bad at all.
    But they did ignore why players are causing this server instability? This is like trying to put a band aid where blood is coming out when instead it is internally bleeding that is killing you...

It's ok for crz people to take resources and rare spawns, but not to actually help with world bosses and be rewarded for it.
    This, we should not be punished for coming together as a "community" to down an epic boss. I feel that with the money Blizzard makes off the players they should have hardware able to handle mass amounts of players. How can you promote world PvP if they don't have the servers to handle them?