Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Megaera Kill Order

I'm in a 10 man semi-casual guild.

We used 3 healers (Shaman/Disc/Holy Priest) and consistently wiped at 40-50%. The Fatboss video guide suggests to not kill any frost heads however the tanks were taking a lot of damage and the amount of movement required to dodge the venomous head's bolts was proving tricky for our healers (as well as the damage from the explosions).

A friend in a better progressed guild has suggested we kill fire -> frost -> fire -> frost -> etc. (like they did) and not kill any of the green heads, would this be better?

Deleted
    We cleared it pretty quickly in our guild, admittedly we're 25 man, but we went frost (head that was up first) > fire > frost > fire > frost > fire and so on and so on.

Was relatively easy. Got rid of the fire and frost patches with opposites. Stacked on rampage. Kept everyone spread. That's about it really.

I highly suggest coming up with healing CD rotations for the later rampages.

Deleted
    Using Fatboss' guide it felt very much like a gear check; a gear check that seemed very tight for our current iLvl (500-504).

Deleted
    We killed green > red > green > red > green > red > green

Yep, not a single frost head, because that frost trail from the beam sucks ass to have up. Sometimes you don't just get the fire debuff at the right time, and it makes the fight painful if you kill frost head.

Before we went with that "strat", we went green > red > blue, but it always resulted in too much running around while trying to avoid the frost patches.

10 man here.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-03-11 at 05:21 AM.

B-R-B-R-B-R-B

Think that is it.

Deleted
    Our 10 man did it killing green and red heads, and ignored the frost, ie. the Fatboss way. We're around 500ish ilvl, and the boss went down in 3 pulls, so not much to write home about. We did sort out proper cd usage for especially the later rampages + last couple breaths from the red head + the dot. Not much running needed for venom, if you spread out a bit.

Deleted
    We did it 25 last night and went B R G B R G B I think. Definitely started blue and went through all three in same order each time. I was tanking though so not really sure what kiting the frost beams is like. Really enjoyed the fight

My group did G, R, G, R, G, B, G

We followed fat boss, they mentioned it's an easy way to do the fight. To be honest, we didn't get many fire patches and the room really seemed like it was getting covered in frost fast, even with with frost being downed late in the fight and more fires being killed. Our healers were dispelling entirely too fast though (pretty much not listening in vent lol), if this didn't happen, it could've been easier. Just make sure to spread out a little bit when it's not a rampage, no need to stack, if you do, poison volleys will make *everyone* have to move. And be sure people are speccing for more survivability during rampages.

In our guild we started on Venom and then just killed whatever head had a stack of the buff. The trickiest part was the second frost head which would have 3 acid rains in a row which was mitigated with cds. It might not work with most guilds but we have like two pallies and warriors and a boomkin to fill in a healing cd for rampage so we had enough to work with and could deal with the trip rain

In our 25, we ignored the poison head the entire time. We just alternated between fire and ice heads.

My 25 man did BGRBGRB. I'm melee but I didn't notice us having any problems with the frost beam.

From most of the threads I've seen, the Blue head is much more dificult in 10-man because you have less healers. Having a healer kiting the beam at the wrong time can be deadly. I'd say try and find a way to kill the Blue head rarely or never. #5 seems to be a good spot to kill your one Blue head.

25-man's dificult head is the green one, so that's why so many of us chose to just kill Blue and Red 7 times.

Deleted
    Took us 28 tries in the second group of my 10-man guild to kill it, which was pretty bad for us.

We finally decided to 4-heal it (pal/disc/durid/sham) and we did green, red, green, red, blue, green, red (the last one doesn't matters). It took us 10m28 :S

Not killing blue until later in the fight allows less movement, especially for healers. However it also brings more raid damage via the poison aoe. GL

We 4 healed doing Blue Red. Trivialized it. Not really a DPS check but more so of a Derp+Healer check. When you get to the 5th-7th head you'll want to use personal CDs to carry the fire debuff through the mist as much as possible. Self Dispells are legit for this fight.

Deleted
    Perhaps you can tell us where we're going wrong? Our healers just seem to get overwhelmed!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ep7503qro3z2w6uh/

We tried 4 and 3 healing, here are the orders we tried:

RGRBGX
    RBRXXX (Planned to do RB on repeat)
    RGRXXX (Planned to do RG on repeat, this what we first tried)

X - Wipe

Deleted
    The order should change depending on your setup, players and 10/25 man, but a general tip is to kill the red head as much as possible. It's breath is kinda scary for the tanks (although not as bad as the poison one) and the debuff is in all honesty quite harmless, alone (and you won't have that many other abilities going out if you kill the reds) it won't come close to killing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    The order should change depending on your setup, players and 10/25 man, but a general tip is to kill the red head as much as possible. It's breath is kinda scary for the tanks (although not as bad as the poison one) and the debuff is in all honesty quite harmless, alone (and you won't have that many other abilities going out if you kill the reds) it won't come close to killing someone.
    The green debuff isn't actually that bad. It only has about ten seconds left when the new head starts attacking you. Save physical damage cooldowns for the green head, magical cooldowns for the red one.

So I use Hand of Purity (-70% DoT damage and -10% damage/6 sec) and unglyphed Divine Protection (-40% magical damage/10 sec) on Red and alternate Holy Avenger and Guardian on Green.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-03-12 at 03:53 AM.

Deleted
    Killing the red head as much as possible might f*** it up for you if there is nobody who can self-dispel. What worked for our raid (490-505 ilvl - healers being the lowest by far) was G - B - R - B - R - G - B. This is like a simple way for any setup and any kind of gear level, there is a moderately high amount of raid damage and a moderate amount of kiting/dispelling, no excessive amounts of anything since what we basically do is killing 2 of each heads, the last one is irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The green debuff isn't actually that bad. It only has about ten seconds left when the new head starts attacking you. Save physical damage cooldowns for the green head, magical cooldowns for the red one.

So I use Hand of Purity (-70% DoT damage and -10% damage/6 sec) and unglyphed Divine Protection (-40% magical damage/10 sec) on Red and alternate Holy Avenger and Guardian on Green.
    I don't claim that any of the heads are particularly scary on normal, my dk survived tanking them purely from selfhealing and some smartheals hitting me, however for someone with slightly less gear/"skill" (if you can call using cds/death strikes in a very obvious manner skill) the "danger level" for the tanks should be green>red>blue.

Killing the red head as much as possible might f*** it up for you if there is nobody who can self-dispel. What worked for our raid (490-505 ilvl - healers being the lowest by far) was G - B - R - B - R - G - B. This is like a simple way for any setup and any kind of gear level, there is a moderately high amount of raid damage and a moderate amount of kiting/dispelling, no excessive amounts of anything since what we basically do is killing 2 of each heads, the last one is irrelevant.
    Admittedly we killed it kinda quickly, but even with just two healers dispelling it didn't seem to be an issue at all. With three (that I in all honesty would recommend groups to use) I don't see how it ever should be a problem.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-12 at 04:07 AM.