Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I would refuse to endorse either candidate. They are both as revolting and bitchy as eachother.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    The Republicans will be trying to run Rubio, because the Cuban-American experience is so very similar to that of other Hispanic communities. Problem solved.
    Republicans will lose 10-15 more seats in the house, maybe one or two in the senate in 2014, forcing the republican party to bring another moderate to the presidential bid, only infuriating libertarians and conservatives even more, republicans lose control of all branches in 2016, and for the next 8 years following.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm pretty sure I already posted in thread, but I don't think Hillary has any intention of running for president in 2016 and I believe Marco Rubio is going to be put up as the GOP candidate because the GOP infrastructure, as ridiculous as people want to believe them, understand demographics and how they are losing that battle. Their only choice is to either relax on their social policies, which they can't do without alienating a bunch of their base, or put up Rubio and hope he swings the Latino vote their way.
    i dont think hillary will be running either. imo her window closed when obama was elected. i also think that rubio has a good chance at the GOP nod, basically because i think they believe that putting up a brown person will be enough to swing the election, without doing much else to change. im hoping they are wrong. imo they really do have to address their social policy
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Republicans will lose 10-15 more seats in the house, maybe one or two in the senate in 2014, forcing the republican party to bring another moderate to the presidential bid, only infuriating libertarians and conservatives even more, republicans lose control of all branches in 2016, and for the next 8 years following.
    While I think a moderate is the Republicans only shot at winning in 2016, personally, I sort of hope they do run a full-on wingnut, like say, Rick, the former senator from Pennsylvania. Why? Because I think running a candidate the tea-party, the fanatics, and the zealots all fully support, and then watching him (or her) get utterly and completely crushed in the general election is the only way the Republican party will start to come to its senses and get moving back towards the mainstream of America. (I don't like either major party, but at present the Democrats are merely somewhere between 'mostly useless' and 'very bad' while the Republicans are mind-bogglingly, miserably awful and getting worse by the election. I'd like to go back to maybe having just two 'bad' parties during my lifetime. )

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I think Jeb Bush is fairly popular among conservatives. Liberals won't vote for him but... liberals weren't going to vote for a republican anyway. So I don't see it weighing him down too much.
    You're completely out of touch with reality if you think Jeb Bush would have a chance.

As I said way earlier in this thread - I'm sure Jeb will attempt to run, if at least to try to restore his family name. But it doesn't matter - the Bush name alone would keep enough Republicans away for him to win the Republican Primaries. If Sarah Palin taught you anything, is that the Republican Party cares way more about public appearance than actually helping out people and dealing with issues.

Even if he did win the Repub primary, MORE than enough swing-voters would simply go Democrat just due to the Bush name - not to mention people who normally don't vote, upon hearing the name "Bush", might be motivated enough to go out and vote just out of fear of another Bush-era again.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 02:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    didnt she get vp once already? that alone speaks volumes.
    Nobody durring the VP search came to the forums and said "You know that quirky mayor of Alaska? You know... the one who likes to shoot wolves? Has anybody considered her for a VP nomination."

Nobody even HEARD of Sarah Palin until John McCain said "Lets find a woman who likes guns, JUST to appeal to the disenfranchised Clinton voters!".

Most peoples reactions to the Sarah Palin announcement was basically "Who the F#*@^ is Sarah Palin?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    While I think a moderate is the Republicans only shot at winning in 2016, personally, I sort of hope they do run a full-on wingnut, like say, Rick, the former senator from Pennsylvania. Why? Because I think running a candidate the tea-party, the fanatics, and the zealots all fully support, and then watching him (or her) get utterly and completely crushed in the general election is the only way the Republican party will start to come to its senses and get moving back towards the mainstream of America. (I don't like either major party, but at present the Democrats are merely somewhere between 'mostly useless' and 'very bad' while the Republicans are mind-bogglingly, miserably awful and getting worse by the election. I'd like to go back to maybe having just two 'bad' parties during my lifetime. )
    Santorum? Tea Party? That's a good one.

And I'd love to the know the difference between fanatics and zealots.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i dont think hillary will be running either. imo her window closed when obama was elected. i also think that rubio has a good chance at the GOP nod, basically because i think they believe that putting up a brown person will be enough to swing the election, without doing much else to change. im hoping they are wrong. imo they really do have to address their social policy
    It wont. Cubans generally already vote GOP, and pretty much all other Latinos vote Dem. There are also huge 'cracks' between different nationality Latino groups. I almost feel like Rubio being ran would turn off any Latinos that aren't Cuban that are thinking of voting GOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    S*******? Tea Party? That's a good one.
    Please watch your language. Senator Rick from Pennsylvania is speaking at CPAC again this year. And while he may not agree with the Tea Party in all things, they did support him strongly in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    And I'd love to the know the difference between fanatics and zealots.
    Both are terms for someone who demonstrates excessive passion about their own specific beliefs and objectives. Fanatic has religious connotations that zealot lacks. (Both have religious connections in their original etymology, but zealot hasn't been specifically linked to religion in modern english usage. And by modern, I mean, like, since the invention of the dictionary. ) Ardent 9/11 Truthers would be zealots, while committed creationists would be fanatics. You could also call the aforementioned creationists zealots, but you couldn't accurately call the obsessed Truthers fanatics, unless you were attempting to imply that there was some religious dimension to their beliefs.

But while fun, the precise vocabulary is beside my original point: I'd like to see the nutjobs and bigots that are a part of the modern GOP manage to nominate a fellow nutjob and bigot, because I think the massive loss that would result would help American politics in general and the GOP in particular resume some much needed balance.

Quote Originally Posted by sazafraz View Post
    met a guy that said he was from the future. So far everything we talked about has been right. He told me that Obama would win 2012 and Hillary will win in 2016 by a land slide against a gay
    I can already see that, a gay republican nominee, the interview over social policy would be so ironic.

Interviewer: So what's your stance on gay marriage?
    Nominee: I believe in traditional marriage.
    Interviewer: But aren't you homosexual Mr. ...
    Nominee: Ummmm...

Yeah, that election wouldn't happen unless Hilary jumped parties (not likely) and then she would have to get nominated (really not likely), she would also have to get back into politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I can already see that, a gay republican nominee, the interview over social policy would be so ironic.

Interviewer: So what's your stance on gay marriage?
    Nominee: I believe in traditional marriage.
    Interviewer: But aren't you homosexual Mr. ...
    Nominee: Ummmm...

Yeah, that election wouldn't happen unless Hilary jumped parties (not likely) and then she would have to get nominated (really not likely), she would also have to get back into politics.
    Idk, the most outspoken homophobes tend to be closeted gay men themselves... perhaps a right-wing republican nominee could be outed after the convention? Personally, I think the resulting chaos would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Idk, the most outspoken homophobes tend to be closeted gay men themselves... perhaps a right-wing republican nominee could be outed after the convention? Personally, I think the resulting chaos would be hilarious.
    Doesn't it turn out that the 'family values crusaders' are the ones that get caught picking up the tranny hookers or soliciting gay sex in a mens bathroom in an airport?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't it turn out that the 'family values crusaders' are the ones that get caught picking up the tranny hookers or soliciting gay sex in a mens bathroom in an airport?
    Also the ones that cheated on their wives more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Also the ones that cheated on their wives more than once.
    Something like 'gays can't get married because tradition!' while they cheat on multiple wives with multiple women multiple different times?

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    That's not even a contest.
    That's a landslide! 8 more years of Dems in the white house

10+ Year Old Account
    Something like 'gays can't get married because tradition!' while they cheat on multiple wives with multiple women multiple different times?
    Eh, maybe I worded it poorly. Meant Newt Gingrich in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2016 will be Democrat Hillary Clinton against Republican Sarah Palin.

First woman president 2016=D
    Clinton is the likely candidate, but Palin doesn't have a chance in hell. Palin wouldn't even make it through the primaries. My money would be on Marco Rubio or Chris Christie.

Eh, maybe I worded it poorly. Meant Newt Gingrich in particular.
    I know. I described Gingrich iirc :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I know. I described Gingrich iirc :P
    Ah. My recollection of his misdeeds paints a rosier picture than is reality.

Ah. My recollection of his misdeeds paints a rosier picture than is reality.
    Guess he only cheated twice with his next two wives before 'finishing' his previous marriages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2016 will be Democrat Hillary Clinton against Republican Sarah Palin.

First woman president 2016=D
    No chance.

The Democrats could well put Hillary up there, but the GOP would never put Palin in front of a camera on official business ever again.

I see 2016 for the Republicans involving Marco Rubio, Luis Fortuño, Rand Paul, and Allen West. I strongly doubt any of them could defeat Clinton, though. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised to see the USA become more or less a de facto one party state in the not too distant future. The younger generation that will be old enough to vote by 2016 is so overwhelmingly supportive of the left, as are the new waves of immigrants who are also starting to vote along with those legalized by Obama's immigration reform, that elections will be little more than formalities in the future with the Democrats locking in a majority that will probably never again be challenged by 2024.