Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    They already mentioned you won't be able to do this on Oondasta.
    Can you clarify this?

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Can you clarify this?
    They didn't want to go into specifics at the time.

We zerged him on Perenolde after 1st attempt 65% 2nd attempt 3% 3rd attempt killed it retarded fast with about 140 people. Which by the way is a lower pop realm.

Sadly Oondasta is still a zerg, he's just a really annoying one.

The hardest part of this boss is just spreading out. If you can get the people to not stand near anyone else for 6-7mins, and you have a tank that can use CD's, he should go down pretty easily.

The boss is easily doable with one group of 40 people. Some of which didn't know how to play.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

blues translation: heroic geared raiders = bring more people

Part of me almost wonders if having 100+ people is detrimental to success since it leaves that much more room for CL lulz to wipe out 15+ folks at a time.

That said, being part of the server first kill was pretty epic. Doubt I would do it again, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
    blues translation: heroic geared raiders = bring more people
    Well, to be fair, people that do more healing/damage are worth 2-3 lesser skilled players :P Bring more undergeared and then you'll get the same results.

Sad that there aren't really any mechanics to this fight, but if they did that, no one would ever be able to kill it or just get griefed repeatedly.

Deleted
    Wait, I thoght Oondansta was the easy one? Was he the hard one? Just zerged him with 200 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Wait, I thoght Oondansta was the easy one? Was he the hard one? Just zerged him with 200 people.
    He is indeed the hard one.

Not very hard at all unfortunately, we killed him without any real troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    >easy
    >200 people

Well...There's your problem.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently "heroic raiders" means zerg to blizzard

Deleted
    You dont really need any tactics for it, not even tank tactics. Theres always like 20tanks in there and in the time he has killed them all the first ones are back up alive again.

Not nearly as hard as I thought it would be, also, you can pull him down the cliff right next to the graveyard to remove the long run back, however NO ONE can dps the boss or heal the tank until he gets him down there, otherwise he'll despawn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    >easy
    >200 people

Well...There's your problem.
    Yeah, it is a world boss.

Ok, sec.

"Hey, guys! Can you like 160 peopel please leave? I wanna kill this boss with my friends for the challenge!"

No.

It will be the same thing every week, several 100 people zerging it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galleon was also intended for heroic-level raiding guilds, albeit for a different reason, camping the spawn for the advantage of the gear.

It will be nerfed when the gear won't tamper with the progression rates of raiders, much like Galleon was.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Galleon was also intended for heroic-level raiding guilds, albeit for a different reason, camping the spawn for the advantage of the gear.

It will be nerfed when the gear won't tamper with the progression rates of raiders, much like Galleon was.
    Troll or not? Galleon was doable with 20 people on the Beta, it's a boss with next to no mechanics. Stomp+Adds+frontal cannon ball != Oondasta soft enrage, 180 degree 1 shot, physical aoe silence, chain lightning of doom. Saying they put a boss in to be spawn camped it sillier than that it was intended for heroic raiders.

He's hard enough when yo have two faction competing for him on a PvE server. Unlike some servers that are all Horde or All Alliance, more balanced servers get to fight for it.

Here is the mess we had and we still had about 5-6 more wipes after it was taken.
    http://tinyurl.com/bmvqjz8