Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'd rather have taken a second wind nerf than a dstance nerf personally if we had a choice.
    a second wind nerf IS a d stance nerf. second wind is a large part of what allows warriors to camp out in def stance with no rage issues. both need to be reduced.

you shouldn't be able to sit there with a perma-barkskin with no significant damage output cost, none of the other tank capable hybrids can, why are warriors special.

def stance should remain a strong tool for a warrior under pressure, but he should be dealing reduced damage while in it.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2013-01-26 at 03:09 AM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Listen, you drop under 35% and you get awesome HP reg (10k HPS) for what? For nothing! This shit doesnt even have a cooldown or duration time. You can jump between 10 and 35%. Other Classes spend resources, they sacrifice damage for heal. Not for warriors! I see so many warriors reroller in random BGs, backpaddeling with blue gear and still so strong after 35% HP mark. You cant even call it I-WIN-BUTTON because there is no button, its passive shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no hardcore PvPer, but as a guy who climbed to 1500 in a day in full Deadly as arms I can offer a bit of input on OP's posts.

I do NOT think the Warrior nerfs are too bad, except for the shockwave nerf which may or may not have made it through another patch cycle as of this writing. Second Wind, when matched with Defensive Stance, was a little too much. If second wind and defensive stance were being removed, then I might agree that we'll be "bottom of the barrel" but they arent being removed, only tweaked.

Above all, don't assume on something that isn't even live yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I'm no hardcore PvPer, but as a guy who climbed to 1500 in a day in full Deadly as arms I can offer a bit of input on OP's posts.

I do NOT think the Warrior nerfs are too bad, except for the shockwave nerf which may or may not have made it through another patch cycle as of this writing. Second Wind, when matched with Defensive Stance, was a little too much. If second wind and defensive stance were being removed, then I might agree that we'll be "bottom of the barrel" but they arent being removed, only tweaked.

Above all, don't assume on something that isn't even live yet.
    You are right, the shockwave nerf is not good. Shockwave needs to be removed completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post

so the other 9 seasons they were OP don't exist? arena has been around for a LONG time, and warriors have been really good for the majority of it.

No not even close to OP for 9, not even good for 9 seasons either. Viable some. OP a couple. Terrible too many. It's all or nothing with this class and Blizz. We're either way over the top or way underpowered. Best time in my opinion was when we had unrelenting assault. Back then it still took skill to play the class, we had utility and dmg. If we had better mobility, grip, rage gen and slightly less dmg at the time I think the class would've been amazing.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

The only thing i can add to this is that 5.2 separates the noob warriors with the good warrior that actually know how to play that class. I dont know if anyone can agree with me but its very easy to be very good in this game if you are playing a character that does OP damage with three abilities and one shot people. ive been playing a warrior for many years now and i think this season Warriors are gonna do a lot of damage and people are going to be amazed. yes we dont have the survivability this season but who needs it when i can crit people for 150k using dragon roar and a 150k execute (witch i have done already. same gear as me) just because we have a lack of mobility doesnt mean that we cant get to a target. ive been having a lot of fun with my warrior. and im very excited to see big numbers with warriors

Thanks Dezrith,

that's exactly what it is. All warriors had it so easy that they forgot how hard it is to play on a level playing field. When you are not 15-20% OP versus the AVERAGE class then you suddenly feel "underpowered" and sad.

Let's see how warriors fare in arena and stop crying 2 days after the patch. You will see that warriors will still smash faces once again but hopefully will not get a free ticket to gladiatorship. The scrubs though will cry and reroll to the next FOTM, be sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    our warrior is at the top of the charts in our 25man raid group, he wasnt near that b4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    our warrior is at the top of the charts in our 25man raid group, he wasnt near that b4
    Ok

So how is your PvP experience?

Deleted
    Warriors are in a decent spot now. You just need to play with another class that allows you to connect to people easily.

Warrior damage is still in mongo mode, since that's how blizzard fixes things.

I wish they would make Bladestorm baseline and buff its damage so it's actually worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Warriors are in a decent spot now. You just need to play with another class that allows you to connect to people easily.

Warrior damage is still in mongo mode, since that's how blizzard fixes things.

I wish they would make Bladestorm baseline and buff its damage so it's actually worthwhile.
    TSG will still be good, so yeah.

Deleted
    The only thing wrong is if we are in Battle Stance we are supersquishy.. It should remove 10% of incoming damage.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    You are right, the shockwave nerf is not good. Shockwave needs to be removed completely.
    I agree, shockwave were made for prot warriors at the beginning, and should be like that again. Or atleast shockwave with same cd as throwdown were (1min if i remember correctly?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are underestimating how OP Warriors actually were. The nerfs are justified.

About stances, at least you have an opiton to go defensive for 15% DR. Some classes take full damage and have no way to reduce it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    A very good post, really liked the long explanation instead of a short summary. I do play Warrior and Mage, and the incoming nerfs feel a lot too much.
    Maybe play something other than two of the historically most wellperforming classes throughout PvP before saying they are too severe?

Also this:
    I think people are underestimating how OP Warriors actually were. The nerfs are justified.
    Warriors are fine and will still be up with rogues just that some warrior players think that having up to 17 times higher representation than other dps classes is somehow not an issue...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Ehhh. Warriors will have better mobility
    You pretty much summed it up there Funk, that`s the only thing we have left. We bring nothing compared to what we should...I think rets can be even better in some setups than us.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post

About stances, at least you have an opiton to go defensive for 15% DR. Some classes take full damage and have no way to reduce it.
    Give me an example of these classes and how is a Warrior above them when taking damage in a stun without a trinket , oh wait
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    25 percent damage reduction? Mixed with sheild wall, rallying cry, second wind? You think that's balanced OP? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dezrith View Post
    The only thing i can add to this is that 5.2 separates the noob warriors with the good warrior that actually know how to play that class. I dont know if anyone can agree with me but its very easy to be very good in this game if you are playing a character that does OP damage with three abilities and one shot people. ive been playing a warrior for many years now and i think this season Warriors are gonna do a lot of damage and people are going to be amazed. yes we dont have the survivability this season but who needs it when i can crit people for 150k using dragon roar and a 150k execute (witch i have done already. same gear as me) just because we have a lack of mobility doesnt mean that we cant get to a target. ive been having a lot of fun with my warrior. and im very excited to see big numbers with warriors
    For all the times I was killed by warriors, when they were @5% HP for 20-30 secs, I hope this nerf is painful for you guys .

And still I am 100% sure that warriors that know how to play the class, will be still in a good pvp shape.

Well i'm quite happy warriors are no longer walking into packs of 5 people doing something you would normally see in Spartacus or 300.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good players will still do good with Warriors. Hell...some people do good with Ele Shamans or Ret Paladins and those specs are absolutely terrible at high ratings. Rogues were pretty bad yet there were still good rogues...now the class is OP again watch how they suddenly pop up again. Enter a BG and see how many Rogues you see. Just as many Warriors as you used to see.

All the complaining of Warriors now is just noob tears. Class was OP the entirety of the expansion and baddies were probably still unable to kill decent players of other classes and now they won't be able to...so they will complain the nerfs were too severe. It happens all the time. It'll happen if Rogues get made bad again. It'll happen to whatever class comes after Rogues as a free ride to Gladiator. The excuse of "our class used to suck" just doesn't work. Remember 3.0 when Ret Paladins could just run around soloing 3-4 people in full Brutal at once? I do. It was the greatest week of the entire game. Nothing will ever feel so sweet as the tears of every other player who could not win against me because I was just that OP. That's how Warriors have been all this expansion and just because they had a few bad seasons (ever) doesn't mean they shouldn't be dragged down from the top spot like they have been.

Do they need more nerfs? Not really. They're still good now and you shouldn't just outright make a spec suck "because it was good" just as you shouldn't make a terrible spec amazing just because it sucks.

TL;DR warriors are still good but not OP
    Paladin Bash has spoken.