Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Your "decent" argument comes down to: "I want to raid within a week!"
    And you have been yelling that argument for over 30 pages or so now.
    No that's not what it amounts to. But you plug your ears in ignorance anyway. Their is ZERO reason I shouldn't be able to run it within the week other than your feelings and their inability to produce content at a better rate. Why in gods name should I have to spend nearly a month grinding content just so I can start another grind when I hit ilvl for the new raid? If the current raid tiers are going to be grinds then I want the previous raid tiers to not be.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people don't get it, do you?

We don't complain for the sake of complaining. we don't complain so we'll get to see the game burn to the ground just for the fun of it. We complain to provide feedback to the developers so that they can make the game better for everyone and have the game back at it's peak. You might not understand this, and I can understand why, for the past couple of years WoW forums were crowded with naysayers and doom bringers who just want to see the game fall and crash flat on it's face because they want to see another game succeed at the same level as WoW because they only care about numbers and couldn't care less about their own damn opinion.

And then there's us, we complain because there is an actual reason to complain, we have played this game for years, just like you did, we enjoyed it, seen it mature and grow, it became a part of our lives, it became precious to us, just as it's most likely precious to you. we complain because we want the game to be better, these changes they've been doing to it just don't fit, they weren't needed in the past, they weren't a part of it's past, and they just don't fit in with the game we used to play. This would've been much more acceptable if it was another game, but it's not, an expansion isn't a new game, it just adds to what we know and what we love.

Raid finder is a great feature for the casuals who were not able to normally see content, that is a great idea, but it's not a great idea when you change it into the new catching up mechanic, it wasn't made for that, and making that shift to the game changes it's core.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, I'm glad I let my subscription expire last month. I've been playing WoW almost uninterrupted since 2004 and it wasn't until this expansion that the game really started to feel like it lost sight of it's core strengths. Dungeons might not of been the most elegant solution to gearing up, but they made the world feel interesting and populated. Running dailies, crafting, and doing old LFR until you've got enough gear to do current LFR just makes WoW feel like a mediocre single player game. If I'm going to grind gear with a bunch of silent randoms, I might as well play Skyrim instead.

Goodbye WoW. You were great!
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    I mean what else can you say? I make pretty decent arguments about why I think I shouldn't have to take a fucking full month to gear up to see the new raid but people plug their fucking ears and insists it's working. You point out that it hasn't stopped sub decline so it might not be working as well as they think and then they rage at your for pointing it out. It's such a no win scenario. I would have an easier time convincing bill oreilly about gravity and tidal forces than I do with these people./
    No you do not.

You in NO way make constructive "decent" arguments.

You make EXTREMELY aggressive and rant style posts constantly.

You derail threads constantly.

You state your opinion as fact and use any annictodal evidance you can find and state them as fact to back up your argument.

You are the BIGGEST whiner in MMO-C history (and there have been a lot).

I will probably get the ban hammer for this but someone had to say it

Deleted
    I had some of my best times in WoW in 5mans, not necessarily the most challenging, but certinally fun.

5 seams a decent group size, it allows for role composition in a way scenarios dont, and does nto feel such a hassle to set up like 10/25man raids. Its a decent number for a social activity, and allows for more interesting mechanics than 3mans do.

I've had great fun doing 5man achv runs for meta achvs, and I think the move in Wrath and cata to progressive 5mans, that increase in difficulty later in the expansion was a great move forward.

Not releasing new 5mans is a big turn off for me. LFR is fine, but its a bit impersonal. And scenarios are a joke, no one runs them as they are just a clusterfuck of dps...no role's required.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    You people don't get it, do you?

We don't complain for the sake of complaining. we don't complain so we'll get to see the game burn to the ground just for the fun of it. We complain to provide feedback to the developers so that they can make the game better for everyone and have the game back at it's peak. You might not understand this, and I can understand why, for the past couple of years WoW forums were crowded with naysayers and doom bringers who just want to see the game fall and crash flat on it's face because they want to see another game succeed at the same level as WoW because they only care about numbers and couldn't care less about their own damn opinion.

And then there's us, we complain because there is an actual reason to complain, we have played this game for years, just like you did, we enjoyed it, seen it mature and grow, it became a part of our lives, it became precious to us, just as it's most likely precious to you. we complain because we want the game to be better, these changes they've been doing to it just don't fit, they weren't needed in the past, they weren't a part of it's past, and they just don't fit in with the game we used to play. This would've been much more acceptable if it was another game, but it's not, an expansion isn't a new game, it just adds to what we know and what we love.
    It is is the way some people complain not the fact you are complaining.

Constructive posting should lead to good debate.

Aggressive rant style posting gets peoples back up and ends up in Fanboy/Hater style arguments this does the complete opposite of promoting good debate.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Raid finder is a great feature for the casuals who were not able to normally see content, that is a great idea, but it's not a great idea when you change it into the new catching up mechanic, it wasn't made for that, and making that shift to the game changes it's core.
    It depends on you definition of "see content" is.

Some people seem to see this as "oh look I get to kill the boss once and see the story".

Other people see this as "I get to raid and progress my character".

I think blizzard see it as "I get to raid and progress my character".

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, "no more fivemans in this expansion" will create a problem for people who will want, or even need to, gear up an alt or regear their main; this will be most prominent for people who raid. Let's say, your raid group just lost a healer. Your group's option is now to start recruiting, but unless you get VERY lucky, you will find people with very mixed gear, who, considering that they instead of doing a set of recent HCs had to go through initial HCs, then 5.0 LFR, some daily quest factions (since 5.0 LFR doesn't offer high enough ilvl to get to 5.2 LFR), 5.2 LFR, then if the current model holds, more set of daily quest factions followed by 5.4 LFR. This will basically shut down the influx of "new faces" into raiding, and will definitelly make raiding groups and guilds a lot less willing to bring in new blood (very few will be happy to run earlier raids to gear up their new raidmate). And even for those that will be willing to put up with that, the process will be very long, simply because in LFR, you get one shot on loot a week, compared to at least 7 chances in HCs. Unless you are lucky (and, let's face it - we all have seen times when some of the loot we wanted just kept refusing to drop), your new raider will be without adequate gear for at least a month, likely more.
    To me, that doesn't exactly sound like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Because it's based purely and only on speculation and anecdotal evidence.

The oter side of the coin, and I will admit it's again anecdotal evidence, is my monk alt. Just hit 482 two days ago, after having run LFR for a week pre-patch and doing a full run this patch (the new drop rates proved to be pretty ridiculous, something off every boss plus several duplicates). So within the week, I was ready for the new LFR once it unlocks.

Besides, did it really only take you a week or so to gear up in the old system? I remember tears and swearing when tanks would ninja two-handers. Might just be my experience though.
    first you need to do the new daily hub (again) to gain elder charms (and i'm pretty sure they do the same with mogu runes in 5.4) in order to have the bonus roll, if you don't want to do them you are restricted to only one loot chance per week on each boss; in lfg you can queue multiple time and each time be eligible to loot.
    Then how you receive loot in lfr is totally rng based, a friend of mine run terrace since it was available and still have a blue weapon on its hunter alt, this week he has done lei shen 9 time for a total of 10 roll and no weapon or tier has dropped for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    No that's not what it amounts to. But you plug your ears in ignorance anyway. Their is ZERO reason I shouldn't be able to run it within the week other than your feelings and their inability to produce content at a better rate. Why in gods name should I have to spend nearly a month grinding content just so I can start another grind when I hit ilvl for the new raid? If the current raid tiers are going to be grinds then I want the previous raid tiers to not be.
    Your side of the coin:-

I am going to unsub because it takes longer than a week to gear up for the current content.

Other side of the coin:-

I have seen LFR there is now nothing to do I am going to unsub because it will only take a week to gear up when the new patch gets released so what is the point in investing time to gear up.

Which one losses or gains more subs?

No one AT ALL knows or ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Your side of the coin:-

I am going to unsub because it takes longer than a week to gear up for the current content.

Other side of the coin:-

I have seen LFR there is now nothing to do I am going to unsub because it will only take a week to gear up when the new patch gets released so what is the point in investing time to gear up.

Which one losses or gains more subs?

No one AT ALL knows or ever will.
    Then they better MAKE SURE AND RELEASE RAID CONTENT FASTER. That solves both problems. WAY OUT.

Mark my fucking words all of you. Your beloved "progression" (really mind numbing fucking grind) will cause players to leave in fucking droves. As a response to this Blizzard will increase the rate of "progression" to the point that their will be VIRTUALLY NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN it being "progression" and instant. I can't fucking wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    first you need to do the new daily hub (again) to gain elder charms (and i'm pretty sure they do the same with mogu runes in 5.4) in order to have the bonus roll, if you don't want to do them you are restricted to only one loot chance per week on each boss; in lfg you can queue multiple time and each time be eligible to loot.
    No you do NOT need to do dailies to get the old elder charms.

The key to the solo scenario is a practically guaranteed drop from your first rare kill of the week.

This will net you 10-15 elder charms in 5 minutes each week.

Yes you do need to do "something" would you like them to mail them to you when you hit 90?

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 09:17 AM ----------

Then they better MAKE SURE AND RELEASE RAID CONTENT FASTER. That solves both problems. WAY OUT.
    No it does not.

I guess you stuck your head in the sand to all the people complaining about new raid actually being out to quick?

WoW has REALLY stepped up the raid content release this patch.

The raids are more frequent and they are bigger some people think its to quick (I know you don't but please understand that some people do).

Wow is not a two sided coin.

This goes back to the classic case of you will NEVER ever please everyone.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-03-12 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    No you do NOT need to do dailies to get the old elder charms.

The key to the solo scenario is a practically guaranteed drop from your first rare kill of the week.

This will net you 10-15 elder charms in 5 minutes each week.

Yes you do need to do "something" would you like them to mail them to you when you hit 90?

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 09:17 AM ----------

No it does not.

I guess you stuck your head in the sand to all the people complaining about new raid actually being out to quick?

WoW has REALLY stepped up the raid content release this patch.

The raids are more frequent and they are bigger some people think its to quick (I know you don't but please understand that some people do).

This goes back to the classic case of you will NEVER ever please everyone.
    It's only to quick IN MISTS OF PANDARIA. IN cataclysm it would be just about right or maybe even to slow.

This goes back to the classic case of ignorance perpetuating itself eternally. Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could careless if they add more 5-mans or not. The current 5-mans are designed well, at least to me, then again I like the Asian styles and themes.

I don't give a fuck if people leave.
    ANY change at this point will cause people to leave.

Your arguments are nonexcistant and people have pointed this out a million times, yet you ignore anything while yelling "I WANT MY FREE EPICS!".

Then amuse us and give another reason.
    We haven't seen you give another argument besides that.

1) Yup, and you are screwed because the devs listened to my feelings.
    2) What does the rate of content have to do with anything? There is nothing wrong with it at this moment.

Because that's how I want people to play this goddamn game.
    Understood it?

'ding 90 > farm a week > run newest raid' is the worst design ever and they are finally going away from it.
    It sucked in WotLK, but it was understandable due to the raids.
    In Cataclysm with LFR-implemented it was just retarded.

I made sure and bookmarked this. When they make progression so fucking fast that it is VIRTUALLY INSTANT I'll be sure and enjoy your fucking tears. I get the feeling though you'll be just as sheeple and go along with whatever they do anyway. In the end they keep loosing subs, changes are gonna happen and my game will be back in the next expansion. Ignorance must really be fucking BLizz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Then how you receive loot in lfr is totally rng based, a friend of mine run terrace since it was available and still have a blue weapon on its hunter alt, this week he has done lei shen 9 time for a total of 10 roll and no weapon or tier has dropped for him.
    If you by saying "need to do the new daily hub" means killing ONE rare mob and getting the epic key for the solo scenario where you can farm 10-20 elder charms of good fortune within 5 min then yes you are "forced" to enter that zone.

The loot chance of the bosses are now roughly 2.5 times higher then before the patch and with enough coins now to have one for each boss each time you clear a raiddfinder it's like you killed each boss 5 times compared to the previous patch. I pretty much got my hunter alt covered in more than half epic gear from just one clear.

You can get a freshly dinged 90 to ilvl 480 within 1-2 weeks now, i mean between crafted 496 gear, 522 neck with no rep grinding needed and a 5 times higher drop-chance on raidfinder gear it's pretty easy.

I know the weapon is pretty important but saying that because your friends RNG is really bad for one item doesn't mean that he can't reach high enough ilvl to start raiding. Pretty sure raidteams doesn't refuse to take people because they havn't gotten a raidfinder weapon yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    When/if the game goes f2p, they might consider your instant satisfaction design, until then they want people to have progression, so that, you know, they have something to do for more than 2 weeks per major patch.
    Deal with it.

I made sure and bookmarked this. When they make progression so fucking fast that it is VIRTUALLY INSTANT I'll be sure and enjoy your fucking tears
    Until then I am enjoying yours
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-03-12 at 09:54 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    This shift just has to be accepted. New five mans just do not server any sort of purpose, and if you want new challenge modes they've already hinted that they'd prefer to retool older content. Five mans are there to gear up before LFR, for quick valor runs and for challenge modes. That is their purpose, not catch up.
    really? i mean really? 1 try per week against how many run every day?
    it's just a lazy excuse to don't make some new content to help alts catch up for the current raiding tier.
    i finally understand blizzard marketing strategy, they make every exp worst than the previous one so in the end even cata will be remembered as a good exp.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    When/if the game goes f2p, they might consider your instant satisfaction design, until then they want people to have progression, so that, you know, they have something to do for more than 2 weeks per major patch.
    Deal with it.

Given how gated and grindy the current raids are don't see why the previous ones have to be the same thing. Tick tock. Clock is running subs are bleeding. You might get your f2p wish sooner rather than later

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Deal with it.

lol ppl loves so much the word progression, your ass is always there on your chair so you are going anywhere.
    and no, have to do reps and dailies on alts sucks, good for you if you don't have anything to do all the day, but half of the world have so let me say i'm ok with this current state of things for mains but for alts? lol pathetic.

I doubt you bookmark this for real..
    Anyway, what does it have to do with anything?
    You can make it as fast as possible, just don't have this retarded shortcut where you skip all relevant content.

I'd rather be a sheeple than whatever you are.
    This has been one of the things I dislike about the game since the started with it in WotLK.

Yeah, sure.. Everyone will quit over this and they'll do what you want.
    Until then, could you shut up please and let the grown-ups talk?
    Because if you make it fast enough then theirs very little difference between it being instant and just really fast. I mean it technically wasn't INSTANT with the new dungeons eitiher. YOu had to farm them. They didn't just mail you fucking gear.

Children pretending they are grownups is cute. Carry on you "adults". The actual adults will end up leaving this game and you kids can argue over who gets what shiny.

[This post has been infracted for trolling.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-03-12 at 12:17 PM.