Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Because cross realm everything has ruined raiding guilds and the community.
    Two things about this. The sentence assumes that the community was just fine before LFR CRZ. That's BS and everyone here knows it.

I am curious about why you think that cross realm anything has ruined raiding guilds. Try to manage a response without resorting to simple ranting and overly generalized statements. In my experience raiding guilds are about where they've always been except with the shift to the smaller size. That has nothing at all to do with cross realm technology.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-12 at 05:29 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cuz facerolling through 5 mans and playing world of queuecraft was better right? LOL
    When you're running through with your guild, it sure is. LFR is aggravating. 5 mans are fun. There are achievements and challenge modes for 5 mans also, which can give me and my guild more to do than just log in and raid together. I'd rather run with people I know from the guild to gear alts and have FUN than put up with the people who can't get the concept of 'Don't attack the CC'. No new 5 mans is very disappointing news for an otherwise decent xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guess what............BC also had the most growth and subscribers! WOTLK coat tailed it and grew by about 2 to 3 million where as BC had 8 million at the end of the expansion.
    There's a lot of reasons for growth in BC. Raiding which was never a very high percentage of the population contributed a small part but only a small part and has nothing to do with dungeons or lack thereof.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    And LFR 5.0 would be completely pointless.

When 5.4 dungeons come out I guess you want them to drop 522 gear as well?

This is exactly what blizzard are trying to avoid.

They want to bring back some form on linear progression.

Not invalidate every single bit of LFR and Normal gear and raid the second a new patch comes out.
    WoW, old content LFR would be obsolete, who would have know?....

And no, when 5.4 dungeons come out they would drop 515 (less than previous Normal raiding, you didnt understand my hypothetical case of 489 being lower than HoF and Terrace Normal, didnt you? i guess it was too hard of a concept for some people... )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    Two things about this. The sentence assumes that the community was just fine before LFR. That's BS and everyone here knows it.

I am curious about why you think that cross realm anything has ruined raiding guilds. Try to manage a response without resorting to simple ranting and overly generalized statements. In my experience raiding guilds are about where they've always been except with the shift to the smaller size. That has nothing at all to do with cross realm technology.
    I play on 3 servers and several of the top raiding guilds have either left or are constantly trying to find more people, progression during this expansion has stagnated and that has been documented because people would rather do LFR or the content "was too hard" which is why they put that buff/debuff on 5.0-5.1 content which they have never done before.

And no the community was better before everything went cross realm, I didn't see blatant homophobia and racism in trade every day, my ignore list was never full..........people had to be accountable for their actions because they NEEDED the community to run things, now everything is done with a push of the button and you don't even need to be nice in the dungeons because hey...........you'll never see them again.

I play on 3 servers and several of the top raiding guilds have either left or are constantly trying to find more people, progression during this expansion has stagnated and that has been documented because people would rather do LFR or the content "was too hard" which is why they put that buff/debuff on 5.0-5.1 content which they have never done before.

And no the community was better before everything went cross realm, I didn't see blatant homophobia and racism in trade every day, my ignore list was never full..........people had to be accountable for their actions because they NEEDED the community to run things, now everything is done with a push of the button and you don't even need to be nice in the dungeons because hey...........you'll never see them again.
    HAHA, they have never done that before? They have been doing that since TBC... what game are you playing? They just let you turn it off now...

When Sunwell launched previous raids were nerfed (and they have been nerfed before too, specially lower ones like Kara and Gruul). When Ulduar launched, Naxx was nerfed, when Firelands launched, Normal T11 was nerfed. There, i gave you examples of every single one of the expansions.

Also, yes, the tier being hard and not making new dungeons has hurted Normal raiding a lot more than LFR (62k guilds killed morchok before MoP launched, 40k guilds killed Stone Guard before 5.2 launched).

Hey guess what............BC also had the most growth and subscribers! WOTLK coat tailed it and grew by about 2 to 3 million where as BC had 8 million at the end of the expansion.
    Be that as it may, it should be blindingly obvious at this point that TBC did not owe its financial success to its catch-up mechanics, or rather its lack thereof. Unless all eight million of those new subscribers were cutting-edge progress raiders or aspiring raiders who were perfectly happy at being mired in Karazhan for years. More likely the majority of them were entirely casual, didn't even run 5 mans and joined up on the basis of the little guy riding a flying shark-dragon on the box.

Well, I totally desagree the idea of no more 5 man's, just looking at LFR lame, awful, minimal loot drop rates even now supossed to be boosted at 5.2 makes me wonder if I'm gonna ever gear up my alts. I'm a coleccionist, I like to play wow but I also have a life, so this are shit news to me.

TBC dungeons were boring too

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a problem with the players, not with the system itself. Would you prefer they remove the "easy" content from the game so that players are forced to either run the "hard" content or have nothing at all to do?

Apparently you weren't around when Barrens chat was at its peak or when Blizzard tried the Looking For Group Channel experiment. Both were significantly worse than anything you encounter in a cross-realm chat. Also, people were NEVER held accountable for their actions due to a combination of server apathy and short-term memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    They'll continue to make useless one-time scenarios, tho. Atleast the VP reward could be the same as doing dungeons.
    I remember Tom Chilton said during the MoP press tour in 2012 that people get bored by doing the same 2-3 dungeons (patches dungeons), even if they are good. (go at 5:42 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_AkNf-ozCY ). So I get that they are experimenting with the idea of no dungeons instead of dungeons we would eventually despise. And I am fine with that decision (I prefer scenarios).

Stay in school kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Dave Kosak said that in an interview on the german site buffed.
    http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...Kosak-1059788/

Headline reads:
    No additional 5-man-dungeons planned, challenge-scenarios and Shaohao-lore - Interview with Lead Quest Designer Dave Kosak

Q: Do you even plan additional 5-mam dungeons for the rest of the patches of MoP?
    A: No plans regarding that. There'll be more scenarios and you'll still be able to use the LFR tool for the previous tier of raiding. At the moment, we don't plan to release new dungeons.

I feared as much when they said that additional 5-mans don't fit the current raiding model.
    When I read that answer it really shocked me... It is a very bad news of course!

Maybe the 5-man dungeons are not a necessity at this point in the expansion, but yet they added something new... they were a bonus content which added diversity to WoW...

I'll miss them so greatly, hopefully Blizzard thinks in ALL types of players, and not just in the same as always...

Blizzard, you must rectify! Add at least 3 new 5-man dungeons please! Many people will thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    This is all personal opinion, bro, and I know for a fact you wouldn't even be able to back most of it up. Been along for the WoW ride myself since Jan 2005, and let me tell you that the community has always been shit even before cross realm systems were added in. I really wish you and other people would stop trying to play that card constantly.
    True the WoW community was never the model of a friendly, cooperative society but it was better than it has become in recent years. Assholes exist, even in all of our RL neighborhoods. The difference is an asshole in your neighborhood can't throw feces at your car and then just disappear, there are consequences for those actions. Cross realm grouping has had little to any consequences for trolling/griefing which makes a less enjoyable experience grouping and creates a jaded playerbase.

I would also add that I know significantly less people on my server now, basically just my guild and a few other old players, compared to say TBC. It's hard to meet different players when you never group with them. And I can't blame the players since it's so much easier to click a button and do whatever than to actively look for a decent group for 15+ min.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

http://www.twitch.tv/preachlfw/b/376908806

An interesting video on the topic, you should watch it
    Skip to 20:00
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2013-03-12 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    The setting, story, challenge modes, and raids (well, except HoF) are all excellent IMO. Its the gating VP gear behind a rep (LOL, gotta work twice to get that item, LOL) among other things (and not even reducing the old VP to JP) that has be throwing a shit fit. That and no flying for my alts for ease of access.
    The setting and the story got /facepalm for me walking my 4th or 5th alt through 85-90. By #10...
    Agree with you on the VP gating. With all the various ways to gain Valor...it's nice to be able to choose what you want to do to earn. Stinks that you "have" to grind rep to spend it.
    I like 5 mans for the simple reason that...you can gather up some friends/guildies and run em. LFR is just mind numbing idiocy...with people who aren't playing the class they queue...aren't playing at all, just coat tailing...or refuse to work as a group...or just there to do anti-social stuff for their amusement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    That's a problem with the players, not with the system itself. Would you prefer they remove the "easy" content from the game so that players are forced to either run the "hard" content or have nothing at all to do?

Apparently you weren't around when Barrens chat was at its peak or when Blizzard tried the Looking For Group Channel experiment. Both were significantly worse than anything you encounter in a cross-realm chat. Also, people were NEVER held accountable for their actions due to a combination of server apathy and short-term memory.

In regards to your first comment, the players are a result of the system, that would be like saying peoples actions aren't delegated by societies systems, as for your second comment, yes I was around for all of that and no it isn't worse than cross-realm chat, yeah Barrens was bad no doubt but it has gotten rampantly worse and not just confined to 1 zone.

I think they should develop at least one new set of post-release 5 mans in expansions. They could do something like Frozen Halls on their own queue and/or restrict drops to wrists and minor upgrades. From what I remember, most people were not going straight into ICC from Frozen Halls gear, they used badges in combination with TotC - they still had to run a raid. It was much different from the CoT 5 mans in Cata.

As much as I like LFR I don't see it as a replacement for new 5 mans. You can have new dungeons without killing the viability of old raids.

In regards to your first comment, the players are a result of the system, that would be like saying peoples actions aren't delegated by societies systems, as for your second comment, yes I was around for all of that and no it isn't worse than cross-realm chat, yeah Barrens was bad no doubt but it has gotten rampantly worse and not just confined to 1 zone.
    No player's are not a result of the system.

Hell back in BC i had a guy who always trolled trade chat around 4pm EST and would do it into the late hrs in the morning. Lots of people called him out on it and lots joined in.

There has always been assholes in wow its just now because of the LFD/LFR/CRZ system you see more of them.

Yes I'm sure there was a lot more helpful people back in BC then now but that is because these helpful people have there said fuck it what'z the point in trying to help someone when all there going to do is troll you or they outright quit wow.

The assholes have always been there but BC you mainly seen them in X-roads chat or BG"s now because you can see more people you see more assholes.

In my Opinion: WOW attracts the worse kind of player/person and it has been this way for a really really long time way before LFR/LFD. its just that over the years it has gotten more worse.

And a lot of it has to do with blizzard not enforcing there rules as much as they use to. I won't put all the blame on blizzard for this but its at lease 50/50.

this temp 2hr-3day bans are a joke and they do nothing. perma ban people and maybe the rest will notice and stop there shit or at lease it will cut down some.

"Sorry for going a bit off topic there"
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-12 at 06:27 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the dumbing down of WoW continues... oh well lets all go do scenarios!