Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Warlock Nerfs - 3/12/13

Warlock: Corruption damage -25%.
    Warlock: Doom damage -25%.

"We want the dot specs to do well in multi-dot scenarios, but Affliction, Demonology and Shadow were doing too well on multi-dot fights and are still quite competitive on non-multi-dot fights. Balance druids, so far, are where we want them to be."

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...hotfixes-3-12/

Nerfs to affliction were somewhat expected, if you look at WoL it was performing very high.

The part i don't get is where they only nerf afflictions least powerful dot (when you loose t14 2 set). Yet they nerf all of demo's dots, which is a huge single target hit for demo as well.

I was hoping to play demo a lot during progression only going affl on fight affl was clearly better. But I guess it'll be almost fully affliction now except for fights where demo is very good.

Not that bad of a nerf tbh. I will still do affliction for single target (1, 3, 9th) and destruction for the rest. I was already teedering on which spec I should do for which fight to be optimal and this nerf just makes the decision easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumathos View Post
    Warlock: Corruption damage -25%.
    Warlock: Doom damage -25%.

"We want the dot specs to do well in multi-dot scenarios, but Affliction, Demonology and Shadow were doing too well on multi-dot fights and are still quite competitive on non-multi-dot fights. Balance druids, so far, are where we want them to be."

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...hotfixes-3-12/
    25% is too much, imo. This will drop our single target dps by a good margin, as afflic...
    will see how it turns out, but i'd like to ask a favor for those who can manage sims. Sim it as it was and it is right now so we can see the wound on single target patchwerk fights.

Wonder how destro will shape up now compared to the other specs, what do you guys think?

Well I had been hoping to play demo most of t15... That fel metamorphosis I just got looked awesome

They buffed Doom to compensate for losing the Meta auto attack and now they nerf Doom.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Is it so much to ask that when they nerf an area that's too strong of a spec, they buff it elsewhere so it's a neutral change? Christ.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    I'm assuming the Corruption damage nerf affects MG corruption ticks?
    Yes, unfortunatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinedoom View Post
    Wonder how destro will shape up now compared to the other specs, what do you guys think?
    Destro has been pulling ahead of Demonology in recent Sims in both Patchwerk and 8 target AOE fights. Demo barely pulls ahead in dual target fights.

With the new changes, it will probably be Affliction -> Destro -> Demo

Deleted
    I like how Blizzard had the intention to make us go into the other specs instead of having everyone be Affliction, yet they nerf BOTH Corruption and Doom by the same percent making Demo way less attractive.

I've been dying to play Destro for the last few years and I am quite happy it is reasonably viable again for progression raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    They buffed Doom to compensate for losing the Meta auto attack and now they nerf Doom.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Is it so much to ask that when they nerf an area that's too strong of a spec, they buff it elsewhere so it's a neutral change? Christ.
    Which is why it should have been rolled into touch of chaos instead of doom.

Demonology might pick up again with the Lei-shen trinket and rolling 100% crit dooms, but 25% from corruption seems a lil knee jerk considering most of us still haven't replaced our t14 2pc.

The pessimist in me is expecting more nerfs, thinking maybe i'll bottle the mage tears next patch, it's powerful stuff.
    Last edited by Maleific; 2013-03-12 at 07:57 PM.

Man.. I just switched over to demo last night wanting to fight as a green demon! 25% seems a little overkill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by missbrooklyn25 View Post
    Man.. I just switched over to demo last night wanting to fight as a green demon! 25% seems a little overkill.
    The worst thing is that for Demo it's a double 25% nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    yea...idk those nerfs seem a little excessive

Is this live on EU servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so fucking fed up with Blizzard. I might just unsubscribe after these changes heh. I'm tired of doing backflips and getting screwed over at the whim of a designer.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

I think they did this with Soulburn: Seed of Corruption in mind, thinking that it would dampen Aff's AOE a bit. Honestly, it could have been much worse. Imagine a nerf to Seed itself, or making it so Seed could only be on 1 target at a time.