Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    It is. You know definition of "content"?
    Of course, that's why I say that Challenge modes are not content. It's the same content as heroics, only different difficulty.
    Yes, heroic mode bosses are not different content too. That's why LFR is designed for people who do not raid in normal to see raid content.
    This topic is effectively closed now. Period.
    Then raid with it and with poor gear. You will get better gear from raids than lfr, and it will be greater challenge to do these bosses with lower characters.
    Ha! Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Ha-ha-hee

hee

Raid with it.... hahaha

With poor gear - hahaha

Are we playing the same game?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Scenarios don't fill this niche
    Challenges do!

I hope they will make challenges from older 5-mans too

With poor gear - hahaha
    How best guilds down hc bosses in 2nd week after patch? They don't have best gear when they do it.

You are terrible single-minded about this game

there is no point to continue this thread blizzard will soon realize that the lfr is no way nearly efficent to catch up gearing compared to 5 man and hopefully revert back to hold model like they did many time in the past, i was hoping that after the lesson given to them with first tier cata heroics they will have learned what the majority of playerbase want, less time consuming shits and more efficent ways to enjoy the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    So get off your lazy ass and get gold! It's not hard to get in this game!
    So the only way to gear up an alt (cept for LFR) is to farm tons of gold on main, to buy boe epics from AH?

Let's see:
    1. There are not enough epics to cover each slot
    2. There are no weapons
    3. There are no tokens
    4. And then all these thousands of gold qworth gear will be replaced in normal raid.

Yeah seems like a good investment of time (to farm) and gold.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    only way to gear up an alt
    It seems. So don't gear up that alt, if you don't like the way it need

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So the only way to gear up an alt (cept for LFR) is to farm tons of gold on main, to buy boe epics from AH?

Let's see:
    1. There are not enough epics to cover each slot
    2. There are no weapons
    3. There are no tokens
    4. And then all these thousands of gold qworth gear will be replaced in normal raid.

Yeah seems like a good investment of time (to farm) and gold.
    You are either a troll or really stupid, anything you get out of LFR or any other means will be replaced in normal raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    How best guilds down hc bosses in 2nd week after patch? They don't have best gear when they do it.
    1. They are best guilds
    2. They had better gear at the patch day than my main. No to mention the gear my alt will ever have.
    3. They tested bosses on PTR
    4. And then they have a lot of time for raids - they wipe a lot during a week on every heroic boss until it's dead.
    5. What does that has to do with my alt?
    6. Will best guilds take my alt to raid with them?
    You are terrible single-minded about this game
    You don't say.

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 02:15 AM ----------

You are either a troll or really stupid, anything you get out of LFR or any other means will be replaced in normal raids.
    Of course it will silly you, but at least I hadn't spend tons of gold on it! Understand now?
    Still, what about points 1-3? Ignoring obvious hole in your argument?

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 02:18 AM ----------

It seems. So don't gear up that alt, if you don't like the way it need
    You don't tell me what to do, and I won't tell you to just look at my avatar and talk to it instead of me.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-03-12 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It just doesn't happen within a week and that is what some players want.
    They did this thing because they don't want it to be as efficient (I call it fast) as dungeons.

"enjoy the game" aka "doing dungeons and ignoring all game-content except for the latest raid"
    yes exactly there is peoples that don't give a damn about old raids except for mogs, is that ruining your game experience? No it's not, peoples is just butthurt cause the gear that drop in those 5 man is on par or a few ilvl under the gear of the previous raid, this thread is full of wanna be wow-amish.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. They are best guilds
    2. They had better gear at the patch day than my main. No to mention the gear my alt will ever have.
    4. And then they have a lot of time for raids - they wipe a lot during a week on every heroic boss until it's dead.

You don't say.

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 02:15 AM ----------

Of course it will silly you, but at least I hadn't spend tons of gold on it! Understand now?
    Still, what about points 1-3? Ignoring obvious hole in your argument?

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 02:18 AM ----------

Yo udon't tell me what to do, and I won't tell you to just look at my avatar and talk to it instead of me.
    I am done with you, you are narrow minded and don't like the options given to you, so either quit or stop complaining.

honestly...so what if theres no new dungeons..people will join people will leave its the way of the mmo. wow will eventually figure out the mix that works for both consumer and maker....just not until the player base falls to around 6 million...
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

This topic is effectively closed now. Period.
    Really? You seem to have an entirely different topic in your mind than the rest of the people involved in the discussion.

Deleted
    1. They are best guilds
    Only way to be a better player is to play with the best.

Ignoring obvious hole in your argument?
    Your argument is bad because of that:

You decided (because there are other ways to play wow) that you want to gear up, and you complain about what YOU'VE chosen. It's like you wanted to eat chicken and you complain that you have to buy it to eat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know what time and money investments mean? like, at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Do you know what time and money investments mean? like, at all?
    Yeah, it's called what this game is designed around! You don't think REAL raiders invest time and money into their characters? Hell between gems, enchants, food, flasks etc I bet a raider puts more into progression than people who buy stuff off the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's called what this game is designed around! You don't think REAL raiders invest time and money into their characters? Hell between gems, enchants, food, flasks etc I bet a raider puts more into progression than people who buy stuff off the AH.
    Why should I spend both time and money when I can spend as much of an equal time without spending money? buying epics from the AH is the most idiotic time investment I've heard for gearing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am done with you, you are narrow minded and don't like the options given to you, so either quit or stop complaining.
    Ah so you are ignoring my arguments and switching into "LALALALALA" mode? How nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Really? You seem to have an entirely different topic in your mind than the rest of the people involved in the discussion.
    Please don't tell me you want to argue about "Challenge modes - new content or the same"?

Only way to be a better player is to play with the best.
    You didn't answer my question
    Your argument is bad because of that:

You decided (because there are other ways to play wow) that you want to gear up, and you complain about what YOU'VE chosen. It's like you wanted to eat chicken and you complain that you have to buy it to eat it.
    I'm not complaining about what I chose. I'm saying it takes TOO LONG. For a catch up mechanism - which it apparently IS.
    Just because there are other ways to play wow - has nothing to do with anything. No one plays WOW in FULL. Some people play only PVP, others only PVE, and then there are sub-categories of players in both areas. You argument is meaningless. Because it's absurd. Why should I do in this game something that I do not enjoy if I can do something that I enjoy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adieu View Post
    LFR lets the casuals see content. How is that the worst thing about this game? Without LFR 10m and 25m raiding would be dull and easy.
    One comment that I have made before (although not recently) is that when everyone completes everything (even if it's at different 'difficulty levels') it destroys the sense of immersion and disbelief that separates an MMORPG from being just another video game. With LFR, it turns what's supposed to be the pinnacle of the expansion into "meh, who cares if you're doing it on a higher difficulty level".

Yes, not everyone saw Molten Core, or Nefarian, or Illidan (at least not until the next expansion when it could be pugged with a little work), but I think that improved the game. It gave people something to aspire to, added a sense of mystery and even fear to the game world. And WoW added almost all it's playerbase under that model, not under LFR, which in my opinion devalues content.

Deleted
    You didn't answer my question
    I did. You should compare to the best, not cry for free epaxes.
    Please don't tell me you want to argue about "Challenge modes - new content or the same"?
    Challenge modes is most challenging 5-man content. It's not the same. It's better.
    I'm saying it takes TOO LONG
    You have to get sweaty to get goodies.
    Why should I do in this game something that I do not enjoy if I can do something that I enjoy?
    All your posts in this topic is about that you don't enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did. You should compare to the best, not cry for free epaxes.
    Challenge modes is most challenging 5-man content. It's not the same. It's better.
    You have to get sweaty to get goodies.
    All your posts in this topic is about that you don't enjoy it.
    I asked you - will the best guilds take my alt to raid with them? I'm still waiting for answer
    Mode != Content.
    I shouldn't have to get sweaty to get goodies on my alt in a video game that is about entertainment.
    All my post are bout how it takes too long. Not about how I dislike it. Had I disliked it - I wouldn't have been doing it.

If they are gonna ditch the 5 man's and use LFR as the gear up mechanic they need to remove the once a week lockout on the loot. Let LFR function as a LFD because that is what we are essentially talking about here anyways.

For all tiers previous to the current one unlimited re-runs and every shot is a 100% chance at random loot with no bags of gold. Hell even if they did this you would be hard pressed to carry through with it.

Gearing up with the random element of whether or not you will receive loot is hard enough, hell at least with LFD you were guaranteed a piece of loot. Whats gonna happen is is every tier is going to be exponentially harder to get through.

Whats going to happen is when we hit that end of xpac lull? Were the people who clear the Teir 16 LFR just unsub because they beat the game? At that point the only only people who are going to be in the 5.0 LFR are people just joining the game and alts.

Do this simple experiment Que for LFR on a Monday night before a reset. Make note of how long it takes you as a DPS/Heal/Tank. Once you get in make note of how long it takes you to complete said LFR(if possible). Now imagine waiting 3 times longer then that. Each week.

Statistically some poor soul can already be hated by the random loot gods and not receive anything for weeks on end. Without some sort of semi reliable catch up mechanic people are just gonna say "screw it, that's gonna take far too much time" they aren't going to "invest time in a character" not when this game costs $15 a month to play and those $15 only give you 4 chances at loot per month.

Whatever it is they add in 5.4, part of that has to certainly be designed to help you tier skip a bit. Whether that's removing the valor requirements for previous tiers of rep gear or allowing unlimited attempts at LFR loot. Character progression is gonna hit a brick wall for new people and alts in 5.4 if they keep the current model.