Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Axed on the NUTS! getting PKd on MMOs

here we are, having fun with friends, questing happily with a party then suddenly, BAM! your party members drop one by one then you see someone with that dark/bright red name approaching you. you tried to run away from the monster but you're too late! (s)he's gaining on you and then it's light out for you too. sound familiar? yeah. we've all been there. does it bother you when someone owns you just like that? me? no. it's all part of the game. my party members won't stop swearing though. heheh.

most of the time, getting PKd is a pain in the behind especially if the respawn site is really really far. i take PK as a motivation for me to strive being stronger in hopes that i can return the favor to him someday too. and it's fun taking names then kicking their behinds when they least expect it. most MMOs have their a PK and non-PK server yet there are still gamers out there that dislike PK yet insist on playing on a PK server. i was going all jackie chan about it.

i don't want this to turn into a TL;DR version so here it goes:

what are your thoughts / personal insights about PK? do you guys enjoy doing PK or flat out hate em?

Deleted
    What is PK ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    What is PK ?
    im just going to assume it means player killing.

Deleted
    Player Killing.

Don't hate it when i play on a pvp server, its my choise to be there, so i should be prepared. Although i dislike in mmo's wankers (gankers on lowbies), evenly matches in lvls go ahead if you outlvl me dan you. And for shooters and such its all about the Pk

yes. it does indeed mean player killing @_@

Deleted
    If it's on a PvP server, anything PvP goes. If it's a PvE server and you flag yourself for PvP, anything PvP goes.

well, there are MMOs that allow open Player Killing on the field. there are still some safe zones but you can literally start attacking other players on the field at your whim.

10+ Year Old Account
    People roll on PvP servers on WoW and then moan about being killed but I remember when I started playing MMO's most had no PvE servers and you dropped gear etc when you died, amassed most of my items on those from other people. Doesn't bother me and actually annoys me a bit when people moan about it, not being happy you've died is fair enough but don't lay fault on the system or the player.

Going to low level areas to one shot people with no risk to yourself is lame, but that's a seperate topic.

Open PvP games are actually a lot more fun and they promote community.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're playing a game/server that allows PvP then you have no right to complain about it. You signed up for it when you started playing.

1)Anyone who is saying that they don't get annoyed or bothered sometimes is flat out lying.
    2)Some of you reminds me of some people who said that, and had some hunting them till they started crying.
    3)No, waiting for someone who is clearly having his/her hands full soloing some tough monster/boss (on a long battle) then deciding to screw him/her over isn't what PvP about.
    4)Getting killed by other players is fine (to certain limits), it adds more fun and flavor to the game. Being in unfair battle is fine to a certain degree (i.e. its a battle against some class that has advantage over you *not the broken classes that roll over you obviously*).
    5)While I agree with Gsara about it promoting some kind of community, most people wouldn't risk it for some stranger. Not to mention that some people will lure others so their friends or so keeps ganking or bullying that player who decided to help.
    6)Having oPvP is fun sometimes, but it got out of hands lately (The community being worst *in a way* is one of these reasons).
    7)People didn't sign for crab, so yes in a way they have the right to complain about it.
    Last edited by VXFadhel; 2013-03-13 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VXFadhel View Post
    1)Anyone who is saying that they don't get annoyed or bothered sometimes is flat out lying.
    Obviously .

7)People didn't sign for crab, so yes in a way they have the right to complain about it.
    They signed up when they chose to go to those PvP enabled areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started on a pvp server, got too the point i was ready to smash my keyboard into a million pieces, i didn't mind the 1 on 1 thing but when it was 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1 while other members of your faction just stood there and not help got my gander up the most lol
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one is saying that. Sure it can be annoying, but that doesn't mean it ruins your gaming experience and you need to complain about it.

@Nirawen:
    I understand what you are saying, but as I said the community got worst or you can say bigger that the worst of it got bigger. So none signed to try to help someone only to get lured into his/her death by the other faction for example. Which is why some devs is trying different approach these days.

@Brightamethyst:
    It does ruin peoples gaming experience and game breaking for some enough to make them quit.

Deleted
    PvP i dont mind bring it on doesnt matter if it's 1vs10 or so.

OT: This just reminded me on my ydays battle on TERA me and my 2 buddies vs 8 guys from some guild tries to gank us with a failure and we proceed to gank them back 4 times (we were all lvl 23-25 so fair game and all)

then we got pretty much killed after they called for help in gchat and after that we got our butts blasted to oblivion by a lvl 60, yet i didnt feel angry about it all since they had to call 35 lvls higher to kill us

EDIT: typos
    Last edited by mmoca5d0a9f797; 2013-03-13 at 05:15 AM.

@Divine:
    Well that sweet victory you had earlier (on them) covered the getting butts blasted later! No need to be modest now!!^.^ And yes unfair battles is part of PvP*^.^

Edit:* Added, to certain degree of course, before someone jumps and quote me later on oO
    Last edited by VXFadhel; 2013-03-13 at 05:18 AM.

Can't comment on other MMOs, but WoW could do a lot more to make the experience of being ganked less shitty. I don't mind being killed but being unable to fight back in any way is just lame. Something like GW2's level scaling would be good. And maybe PVP gear shouldn't function in the world outside BGs/arena.

Also maybe you should be unable to hearth, accept a dung/bg queue or ride a flying mount for a few minutes after a PVP kill in the world... because a major problem is them killing you and by the time you get back to your corpse they're gone, never to be seen again (and don't say this is a CRZ issue, the same thing happens with players from my home realm, and used to happen before CRZ was around as well). If you kill me I should have the ability and opportunity to get revenge, or at least attempt to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Unfair battles are the pvps best part sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    Unfair battles are the pvps best part sometimes
    Aye, I agree oO Overcoming challenges is fun too!

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 05:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Also maybe you should be unable to hearth, accept a dung/bg queue or ride a flying mount for a few minutes after a PVP kill in the world... because a major problem is them killing you and by the time you get back to your corpse they're gone, never to be seen again (and don't say this is a CRZ issue, the same thing happens with players from my home realm, and used to happen before CRZ was around as well). If you kill me I should have the ability and opportunity to get revenge, or at least attempt to.
    While your reason behind it is nice (giving the opportunity to get revenge or attempt to), I am afraid this will be abused more than it being helpful.