10+ Year Old Account

Isle of Thunder World PvP reactions?

I imagine most servers are onto phase two by now, with the Violet Rise and Dawnseeker Promontory faction bases.

How is everyone finding the World PvP so far?

For me, I'm in heaven. I haven't been this excited about a new zone since Molten Front came out in Cataclysm (but that turned out to be a little clunky sadly).
    Tol Barad Peninsula was a great zone also, but the guards made life extremely difficult by 2-shotting players that got too close, which resulted in a lot of lowlife guard pulling tactics, and the repair bills would have given your average raider a heart attack.

I help run a World PvP guild, and tonight we fought back and forth up and down in front of both factional bases.
    It felt natural, it was heaps of fun, and especially great to see those familiar faces of other people on the server- some old comrades, and some old enemies.

Good job Blizzard!

My first reaction was "OH GOD WHY DID I LEAVE /3 ON!?!" on Outland-EU Horde. I then realised that I'll never be doing the PvP set of dailies, so it's kind of meh. The PvP is nice I suppose, since I just zone in and run a few feet to find an endless supply of Alliance to attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    My first reaction was "OH GOD WHY DID I LEAVE /3 ON!?!" on Outland-EU Horde. I then realised that I'll never be doing the PvP set of dailies, so it's kind of meh. The PvP is nice I suppose, since I just zone in and run a few feet to find an endless supply of Alliance to attack.
    Hehe, I just dinged 90 on my DK. Went to Isle of Giants just to see my chat explode with localdefense messages. xD

I'm Horde btw, so it's going to be fun... *cough*

I play on a pvp server, but it's extremely dead.

This might be the push I finally need to finally xfer to a bigger server. I really feel like I'm missing out on fun pvp stuff like this when I play on a backwater server w/ absolutely 0 people in the opposite faction.

Deleted
    I bet the three Alliance players on my server are thrilled by this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly I play on a 99% horde server, I think I've seen a grand total of 5 alliance players so far since the release of 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    pretty much this

No one on my server are attacking me, even if I have ~20% HP and they're just running near me with full HP.

My server's about 2:1 horde to alliance so I'm usually on the receiving end of 2-3:1 PvP while doing dailies. Lots of deaths. Most PVP servers seem imbalanced one way or another so I'm sure this is a problem on other servers.

Come to Outland EU if you want World PvP, I'm alliance and I always feel the horde is ganking me while trying to quest. Though, it happens on both sides! As its like 7/3 ally/horde or something, though horde is very active with World PvP. Yesterday for instance, I was corpse camped by two full elite geared hunters for 15 minutes, then a lock finaly charged in and killed them both so I could finish my quest. Sadly, I only got holy pvp gear.. So I wont be doing much world pvp on my pala while questing.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Never ever leaving my bloodpresence agin
    So many rogues... I haz a trauma (no warrior joke here)

If the faction ratio was 1:1, it would be great.

I imagine the realms I used to play at (Stormcale H, Ravencrest A, EU) with both 8:2 ratio, world PvP being horrible.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    pretty much this
    Well it looks like a full fledged siege with the entirety of the Horde laying waste to the Alliance part of the Isle. My server is around 20:1 or worse and one of the fullest of my language there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    If the faction ratio was 1:1, it would be great.

I imagine the realms I used to play at (Stormcale H, Ravencrest A, EU) with both 8:2 ratio, world PvP being horrible.
    Well, Horde seems to be enjoying themselves not being in the slightest least bothered by 20 vs 1 the few Alliance out here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there is a lot of factional imbalance on most servers (thanks a lot paid paid faction transfer and dual-faction PvP servers)

but don't forget World PvP is inherently random. You might run into 10 undergeared noobs on a hill or 3 gladiators around a corner and you just have to play the cards dealt.

The best advice for WPvP is grouping with a few friends; do your dailys together, go out of your way to gank the opposite faction and pretty soon you'll have a small battle on your hands.

So I was wondering when you zone into the Isle is your PVP flag turned on even on a PVE realm?

I really miss IQD pvp :>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Must feel the same as the horde on mine (and I am horde).

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 09:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    So I was wondering when you zone into the Isle is your PVP flag turned on even on a PVE realm?
    Not unless you pick the pvp dailies.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    If you rae on a PvE realm, you are only flagged for PvP if you accept the quest to do the PvP dailies rather than the PvE dailies.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    I really miss IQD pvp :>

God those where the day full 40 man raid's going on nearly every night hahaha.
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic