Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    "NPCS

The Savage Coast : Sam Krieg no longer has red eyebrows."

I can't believe the didn't fix this until now!? Seriously, it's like the developers doesn't even care about the game...

On a more serious note thought, anyone know where you get the whip-quest?
    Wasn't it from Said or the ugly Phoenician chick in Al-Merayah? (her name escapes me)

Don't know if this is a good deal or not, but you can buy Secret World + 1200 Funcom points for $29.99(£19.99) at GMG.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Don't know if this is a good deal or not, but you can buy Secret World + 1200 Funcom points for $29.99(£19.99) at GMG.
    That's about the same as retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    That's about the same as retail.
    Except you also get the 1200 Funcom points. Wish I had seen a deal like that when I bought it this past weekend.

You get 1200 FP once you complete 30 missions in the game. If you get another 1200FP on top of that to a total of 2400 free FP then it's a great deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    You get 1200 FP once you complete 30 missions in the game. If you get another 1200FP on top of that to a total of 2400 free FP then it's a great deal.
    When i bought TSW it was 30 euros for the game, Initiates Pack, all DLCs including the fifth that had just launched . I also received those 1200FP when i did 30 missions. That seemed like a good deal at the time.

The game is currently 25% off on Steam for $22.49

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215280/

I bought it about a month ago and loved the entire questing experience. Now I need to get into the instances.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    The game is currently 25% off on Steam for $22.49

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215280/

I bought it about a month ago and loved the entire questing experience. Now I need to get into the instances.
    The instances are fantastic. My first time in Polaris will always be one of my fondest MMO memories.

Dungeons is another thing I really like about this game thus far. It's like they read my mind when they made them.

They are very thematic and not too long. They don't bore you with endless thrash fights, they go straight to the boss fights...And of course no dungeon would be complete without the big badass hard boss at the end!
    I think Polaris is one of the greatest starter dungeons I've experienced in MMOs. I run it like 5 times in a row. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    Dungeons is another thing I really like about this game thus far. It's like they read my mind when they made them.

They are very thematic and not too long. They don't bore you with endless thrash fights, they go straight to the boss fights...And of course no dungeon would be complete without the big badass hard boss at the end!
    I think Polaris is one of the greatest starter dungeons I've experienced in MMOs. I run it like 5 times in a row. :P
    Polaris is amazing indeed. One of my favorite dungeons in any MMO i've played.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to get a copy of this to check out. Initial impressions were god awful. At max settings the graphics looked like something played on a PS2. It was....weird honestly. The amount of cutscenes and whatnot leading you in to the game was equally terrible, ridiculously cliched and cheesy, and made my wife and I just laugh hysterically.

At this point I started to have no hope for the game being good at all.

Then I got my weapon, went to the first teleport place, and felt like I was in some weird Walking Dead universe with zombies all over the place. The game still looked pretty awful, but something about it started becoming really, really fun. I felt a little stifled with the quest tracking system and not being able to pick everything up at once, but completing the missions was fun.

Now I'm actually looking forward to playing it for a little when I get home. Are my first impressions similar to anyone else's? Like most MMO's I feel after an adjustment period of playing and not really liking something it will tend to grow on you, so while I no I will never pay for more content in this game it feels like it will be completely worth playing through all the missions included with the box.
    BAD WOLF

I never really vibed well with the beginning of the game. Once I got into Kingsmouth and did missions and got to know some of the NPCs, I really started to like it. The extra NPC dialogues are great for setting and immersion. When I finally got to Egypt, I feel in love.

My favorite area, and the one in which I really started to enjoy the game, was the second area (haven't played in a while and forgot the name) right after Kingsmouth. The amusement park was my single favorite place in the game.

Interestingly enough my most hated place was right after this zone, the Blue Mountain? Ugh, I couldn't get through that place fast enough (although the haunted mansion was really cool).

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    My favorite area, and the one in which I really started to enjoy the game, was the second area (haven't played in a while and forgot the name) right after Kingsmouth. The amusement park was my single favorite place in the game.

Interestingly enough my most hated place was right after this zone, the Blue Mountain? Ugh, I couldn't get through that place fast enough (although the haunted mansion was really cool).
    Savage Coast was really cool I liked Innsmouth Academy too. No running in the halls, they are quite slick with gore.

Blue Mountain was a drag. It had the potential to be so much more interesting than it was. Scorched Desert and City of the Sun God definitely made up for it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really vibed well with the beginning of the game. Once I got into Kingsmouth and did missions and got to know some of the NPCs, I really started to like it. The extra NPC dialogues are great for setting and immersion. When I finally got to Egypt, I feel in love.
    I had an odd feeling that the beginning of the game was not indicative of how the game actually played out...luckily I've learned a little patience with games from playing so many of them these days that I didn't want to toss the baby out with the bath water.

They really failed at the intro and beginning experience though...it was just...beyond awful. All over the place, non sensical, and overly filled with cutscenes. The lore and achievement system was the only thing to catch my eye before I started to play the game proper...though it did remind me of PS2/GTA style gameplay...which isn't necessarily bad.
    BAD WOLF

try to stick with it for a while, kitty, it's worth it to at least play one complete play through the main campaign (and all of the investigative mission, pure awesome)

the story is a bit abstract combined with a bit of "Fargo" but personally that's why I really liked it

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is €14.99 on Origin if anyone cares

Blue Mountain was a drag. It had the potential to be so much more interesting than it was. Scorched Desert and City of the Sun God definitely made up for it though.
    BM is total shit. They could remove that zone entirely and aside from the XP/gear hit you'd take, I don't think anyone would care. The only interesting thing about that zone was the main storyline quests finally starting to pick up and get to the good bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    BM is total shit. They could remove that zone entirely and aside from the XP/gear hit you'd take, I don't think anyone would care. The only interesting thing about that zone was the main storyline quests finally starting to pick up and get to the good bits.
    I completely agree. I loved the mansion, and I really liked Old Joseph. The Darkness War dungeon was pretty good; I was hoping to see more involvement with that storyline. Oh, and fuck "Ami Legend." That mission pissed me off so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    try to stick with it for a while, kitty, it's worth it to at least play one complete play through the main campaign (and all of the investigative mission, pure awesome)

the story is a bit abstract combined with a bit of "Fargo" but personally that's why I really liked it
    That was the vibe I was getting once I hit the zombie town...definitely a unique vibe with me being some strange fist weapon wielding, dragon ninja being put into an episode of supernatural. Kinda pulpy maybe?

I like that they did something different. I can also see why it failed as a subcription game, because it is definitely niche. Nice to see such a liberal F2P model and glad some money can be given to them to play the game as a one time purchase.
    BAD WOLF