Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    You were wrong now , but you might be right in the future.
    The server structure you described , might be what Blizzard would try at a moment . And (still) having our original servers (but empty) could be only a step to that direction.
    This expansion they still keep the original servers , but in the next one they could simply close them .

I guess those 50% hating the CRZ stoped them for moment to completely change the server structure. Too many , and I bet that keep them wondering if they will continue with the plan or give up.

( in every poll [pro] vs [against] CRZ I saw the results being around 50%-50% )

50%- 50% don't give Blizzard any clue if they do the right thing for the good of the game or if they set up a timebomb.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2013-03-14 at 03:29 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finally had enough 3 weeks ago to the point, I forked over the $300.00 and moved all my toons off pvp server, that really had no pvp on it until the CRZ's went into effect. My biggest issue had more to do with being paired with the previous pvp server that I had left 2 1/2 years before. That server is full of grievers, not gankers! I love wpvp, I think it is a great part of the game, but when larger realm basically takes over a smaller one, the smaller loses some of its personality. Also the people from other realms basically hide in the shadow going in and out of the zone, so you can't get on a main to do some one v. one; this is the part that really bothers me. They know there is a flaw and take full advantage of it. At least if you are going to grief someone, they should be forwarded the opportunity to defend themselves. CRZ's do not forward this opportunity to the person or group to take care of the problem. What it does do is let all the little snakes to be even more cowardly and go hide in the shadows.

Well I do not have to deal with it anymore, I spent over 5 years on pvp realms, but what the CRZ's was last straw for me. The $300.00 I spent to leave is the best money to date I have spent on this game. Unfortunately, many do not have the option to spend this sort of money. I had to make a choice either quit playing a game I have loved playing for more than 5 years or spend the money and move. The latter now has me in hock with my wife for the next 6 months that is ok, because I have never enjoyed playing the game more than I have over the course of the last 3 weeks. The pve realm is full of people in the world, I can go about my business without being harassed, and I have met some very cool people as well. I will really miss the people that I had to leave behind, I really enjoyed the guild I was in, and it was a very hard decision for me to make to leave them.

The decision is yours to make OP, spend the money to leave or re-roll on a pve realm, it is sad that is the way it is. I looked at this way, I want to be able to play the game the way I wanted to play it, not have someone force me to play it there way. On a pvp realm you are force to play with the little morons that just live to grief all day, every day, this is all they do. They get on the game just to screw with people. It makes them feel big and bad on the internet, because at some point in there day someone pissed in there cornflakes. CRZ's were probably meant to save money for Blizzard and they have also made some people out there feel that the world is actually more alive. BUT they have also showed the very bad sides of some that play this game and that in its self should be bad for Blizzards bottom line. Not sure how many out there did what I have done, but I am sure they lost a lot of monthly subs over this. But I am happy for the decision I made. edited for formatting

10+ Year Old Account
    It certainly seems plausible that the best solution would be to push 5 realms together at a time, using the home-realm name as the identifier and then pulling the plug on CRZ. If 5 realms are merged into a single server, and your still "log on" to your original home server name, CRZ would no longer be required since the 5 realms you were shared with is now permanent. If that is the case, then CRZ would go away and Realm pops would just go straight to Med/high / High/full. It is a tricky endeavor and I do not envy them of their task at hand.

If they do not merge 4-5 at a time, CRZ will continue to be the link between these worlds. My guess is, by next expac 6.0, they will be close to or have completed a way to merge the realms on the backend and remove CRZ essentially making CRZ a full time thing without the transition glitches.

Deleted
    I rolled on a PvE server so hard for me to comment but ganking has always been there, yes CRZ seems to have bring it back so but you still opted in for PvP, surely the fix is an ingame one of getting your mates to kill the people ganking you?

Use this as a reason to get more friends ingame rather than complaining (not saying i wouldnt be angry with dying loads) there must be others like you who don't like it get an anti gank squad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    I guess those 50% hating the CRZ stoped them for moment to completely change the server structure. Too many , and I bet that keep them wondering if they will continue with the plan or give up.

( in every poll [pro] vs [against] CRZ I saw the results being around 50%-50% )

50%- 50% don't give Blizzard any clue if they do the right thing for the good of the game or if they set up a timebomb.
    Agreed. It's like they were ready to drop the hammer, and they held back just a little to see what happened. Like you say, in every CRZ disagreement, it is 50-50. I would imagine after 2 years, just in time for the next expac, the dust will have settled enough that they will finish dropping the hammer and letting it run it's course. Honestly, if they masked the realm nameplates and merged the realms with out the "rubberband glitch* when crossing borders, I don't think anyone would have been any the wiser. They would have pulled off a successful backend merger and people would just be like "Hey, lots of people must have transferred here*

10+ Year Old Account
    For PvP realms, no. For the PvE/RP realms, YES!!!!!!!!!!!x1000000000000000000

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand the frustration held by those on PvP realms. They are no longer safe Maybe instead of removing the feature from the game, we should remove the issue from the player. Realms dead? Ok, here's your transfer. PvP got ya whooped? Ok, here is your ticket to a PvE realm and your account is flagged for not being able to roll on pvp realms any more.

There are alternatives instead of scrapping a useful function like CRZ. They just need to be thought up and presented in a respectful and professional manner.

I played on a PvP realm in vanilla, I later transferred PvE because I preferred it, but then I went PvP again during WotLK/Cata because most world PvP was dead anyway and what was left didn't bother me. While I haven't actually played MoP (I've been reading around because I miss WoW but really, I doubt I'll come back) from what I've read of CRZ it's nothing like the old days PvP servers. Besides the fact you could consider faction balance and population, there was also the fact your enemies were all on the same server. You knew your enemy. You knew who was good, who sucked, who never ganked anyone, who to call for help. You could log on your main and actually get revenge. Now the person who kills you will have gone poof off to another server phase by the time you try to look for him and chances are you will never, ever see him again. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but to me that's a major difference. If I ever play again, sounds like I'll be switching to PvE once more....

However, I think Blizzard should have just avoided the happy people by offering a one time free transfer to PvE server at the time they made such a major change. If I was playing I would have been pissed to drop $25 for each character and another $30 to guild transfer my bank alt with all my riches because of such a major change.

Except PvP servers used to have a community, you could group up and fight back against the people who routinely grief your faction.

Not possible anymore.

If it saves so much money, maybe they should just offer one free transfer to a PvE server per account. This was a huge change and quite different from even vanilla world PvP.

Maybe they will do a SOR trial for Pandaria eventually and I can get a free move for my main to a PvE server if I ever want to play again!
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2013-03-15 at 04:11 AM.

My main character is 7 years old, nice try. PvP servers were one way in vanilla and BC, they were another way in WotLK and Cata, CRZ doesn't much resemble either of those.

However, I'm actually quite fine with never playing on a PvP server again should I reactivate my account. I played on those specific servers to play with specific people and/or guilds who are now mostly gone from the game. I'm not much of a fan of the idea of paying $40 for MOP, and then at least $30 for my main + my guild bank full of crap (or was it $35?) + $25 for any additional alts thanks to a major game change that in no way resembles even vanilla PvP, which was very server community-based.

The best memories were of mind controlling the people know to be griefing campers into the lava outside Molten Core. Even in WotLK - I still fondly remember the time a max level death knight ganked my poor lowbie alt in Honor Hold. I logged onto my main (a holy priest) and ended up camping the death knight, who thought he was so awesome yet couldn't beat a PvE spec holy priest. Apparently he killed lowbies because he was incapable of any other PvP.

Now? He'd be long since phased out by the time I got there, and chances are, I'd never see him again.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2013-03-15 at 04:21 AM.

imho if you dont want to get ganked go xfer on a PvE server, I played PvP server for years up until Cata where I rolled on a PvE server and love it, but I miss that gank and get ganked feel, I forgot how awesome it actually was to be ganked how angry I was than got back up and ganked back! its upto the person if there a PvE person or PvP person I love PvE I truely do, but world PvP is amazing, and if theres tons of ppl ganking again due to CRZ no there should not be an opt out

CRZ pretty much kills server communities. I imagine for PVP and RP servers this is especially painful since those communities are at the very core of the reason why people play there. PvE on the otherhand has been a solo fest with little emphasis on community for quite some time now so it isn't quite as painful. They did it to make the world seem lived in, which ironically is also the reason they give for MoP dailies, and both are features that are complained about constantly. So perhaps they should consider whether or not players are having fun and not how crowded the zones are. I believe the default should be off and it should be an opt in feature, in other words you should have to turn it on manually.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKentofAzeroth View Post
    imho if you dont want to get ganked go xfer on a PvE server, I played PvP server for years up until Cata where I rolled on a PvE server and love it, but I miss that gank and get ganked feel, I forgot how awesome it actually was to be ganked how angry I was than got back up and ganked back! its upto the person if there a PvE person or PvP person I love PvE I truely do, but world PvP is amazing, and if theres tons of ppl ganking again due to CRZ no there should not be an opt out
    So do you not see any difference at all from where there was an actual server community, you knew your friends, you knew your enemies, you could actually exact revenge on the person who ganked you, camped you, and ruined your fun, and then have fun from having ruined his fun?

I'll be honest, yes, I'm not much of a PvP person, but I was ok with the community/server based PvP in vanilla/BC, and I was fine with the once in a while PvP incident in WotLK and Cata (which usually ended up with my totally PvE geared and specced 80/85s owning the lowbie ganker, who couldn't deal with anyone his own level). To me that's different from having to deal with the populations of several other servers and having a low chance of ever finding the guy who was bugging your alt.

God yes please. Coming back from GW2, I die a little inside every time I see an area completely cleared of the quest mobs I need, or a node or a quest boss tag whatever. CRZ made questing much more tedious for me. I didn't pick a medium-high server to wait on regular quest mobs to spawn every 5 minutes. What makes matters even worse is that people are even more rude than usual because everybody is from a different realm and who gives a shit.

If the people who do hate this (enough to possibly quit over it, or not return from previously quitting) are such a minority, then what would have been the harm in Blizzard, as a small gesture of goodwill, offering a one time free transfer to a PvE server because of a MAJOR GAMEPLAY CHANGE ON PVP SERVERS? HMM?

Seems to me they were greedy and hoped those people would keep playing while forking out the money to transfer all of their favorite characters.

I detest CRZ. My realm's Elwynn Forest gets lumped with Moon Guard. So now any time I'm in Elwynn, all I see is all the ERPers and their general chat looking for cyber. It's buggy, I've been dismounted or had friends dismounted crossing zones and the already hard to get rare things are nigh impossible now.

Sure for low pop realms it might be good, if they want it. :| If.
    Humans fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Good luck with that. It won't happen.
    No doubt. Blizzard has pretty much told anybody complaining about CRZ where they can stick it, so I don't see it changing either.

It was to counter all the complaints of the world feels empty. Well now we see a bunch of people not from our server, that we will likely not see again and could care less about roaming around. They could have just put a bunch of bots in the game to accomplish this. I think they completely missed the point, the world feeling empty is not just about the number of people in a zone, it is about server communities, people working together, learning each others names and making new friends all of which CRZ seems to hurt more than help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You know, all of these complaints about CRZ are actually complaints about how WoW's PVP works. All CRZ does is put you in contact with other players.
    Not really. Plenty of complaints from people on PvE servers (myself included) who aren't clambering for a PvP solution when it comes to CRZ. My main complaint in regards to CRZ is how it affects rare spawns (mounts in particular) and gathering every time I want to level gathering on a toon. These things worked fine pre-CRZ, and now they're screwed up and my realm has to share with people from x others. Even if I wanted a PvP solution to the problem (which I don't, that's why I'm on a PvE realm) one is not available. Pretty disingenuous to try to paint the op as some whiner who just needs to suck it up and l2PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people actually hate CRZ, it's basicly still in beta version you could say it like that, alot of experimenting is going on with it.
    They already want to make AH CRZ so people wont whine about that, WPvP is back, Great!
    World is alive, Great!

And you can just add pple with RealID from other servers, no big deal.
    What's so wrong with CRZ? :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    CRZ will never be optional, and it's not going away, no matter how much people who rolled on PvP servers and now regret it whine.

You rolled on a PvP server. You knew how it could be. Deal with it, transfer, or reroll...or quit. Have a great time!

It's saving Blizzard money on server space, I think. This, of course, is conjecture, but it makes sense to me: one server no longer means one realm or part of one realm. Now, one server runs its capacity of zone-slices, whatever that capacity is. Different zones may be rated differently, but, still, if you're combining four realms across five zones, then those five zones can run on *one* server, not take up space on four. Now, think about how many zones you're talking about if you can generally do this all the way through Azeroth, Outland, and Northrend, merging zones across four or five realms almost across the board, except for a very few really full realms. That's a LOT of server space/capacity saved. Now, do a similar thing with instance/raid servers, where they dynamically pop processes as needed. Much more efficient use of server space. (I mean, do the math. You're talking about cutting needed server capacity to run the 'older' zones by definitely over 50%, and possibly by 75%.)
    Think about how much "SERVER SPACE" (as you said) they can make after those 50% hating CRZ (and the CRZ induced PVP), tired to cry at Blizzard' door , will quit the game.
    Would be great , for sure , they could cut the needed server capacity to run the 'older' zones by definitely over 50%, and possibly by 75%.

I bet would be great . The shareholders will be very happy.