Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    You should probably inform your Destro locks that RoF is a single target dps increase. Treat it like an 8 second DoT that you never clip.

Good job on making Sac look viable, but I think the gimmick of the fight is the only reason you did more than you would have with Service.
    The whole point of pet sac for Demo is to use it in single target and switch to supremacy or service for aoe and probably even multi dot fights

Can someone help me with my stats please? I mean mastery, crit and haste? This is my armory.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jigsaww/simple The HIT is around 14% now , after some reforges.

I am a bit confused about haste stats (with or without the raid buff) , whast the cap? I am playing demo all the time by the way.

Can someone give a hand please? I dont know which stats I should give priority

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    They're very close in weights in reality. Personally (and personal preference is a big part of this) I like Mastery over Crit. Also, you should be aiming for 8097 Haste, not 8064. 8097 is an extra Doom tick during Bloodlust, which is amazing when you lust on the pull.
    Thanks, and also 1 question:
    Any difference between using HoG twice in row or wait for it almost to expire before using 2nd?

Deleted
    Anyone Done the Sims with Gosac and Optimal Playing(Shadowflame meta Weaving) to see if Demo is ahead of Destro?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Thanks, and also 1 question:
    Any difference between using HoG twice in row or wait for it almost to expire before using 2nd?
    use HoG, wait until shadowflame dot has almsot expired then use HoG again to clip your shadowflame dot. the shadowflame dot stacks, so this way you maximise the number of shadowflame ticks you get (and thus fury/molten core procs) and also get a full set of double stack shadowflame.

also, after the second shadowflame go into meta before the shadowflame lands to buff it with the increased mastery from meta form.

Looking at my dps from last week to this week the change is just insane. ._. I've noticed a decent 10k+ difference(single target and cleave/aoe), damn you nerfs!
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-03-13 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    use HoG, wait until shadowflame dot has almsot expired then use HoG again to clip your shadowflame dot. the shadowflame dot stacks, so this way you maximise the number of shadowflame ticks you get (and thus fury/molten core procs) and also get a full set of double stack shadowflame.

also, after the second shadowflame go into meta before the shadowflame lands to buff it with the increased mastery from meta form.
    Nice info.
    Hope this works, I'm about to get rid of fkin affliction because of lazyness of the spec (dot, spam mg, dot spam mg, BOOORING), so main spec demo should be fine on most of encounters.
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2013-03-13 at 04:53 PM.

I just noticed that GoSac tooltip still includes Meta melee attack, shouldn't this be replaced by something since we no logner have a melee attack in meta?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Saviour View Post
    I just noticed that GoSac tooltip still includes Meta melee attack, shouldn't this be replaced by something since we no logner have a melee attack in meta?

Blizzard won't change it.

Is it better to use Imp Swarm with DS or would it just be better to use Imp Swarm as soon as it is up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    Looking at my dps from last week to this week the change is just insane. ._. I've noticed a decent 10k+ difference(single target and cleave/aoe), damn you nerfs!
    I got screwed hard too. 8K off kilter and I'm so pissed off right now. Nothing helps, not even stacking reforges for every spec. The damage is just gone on multi-dot fights. I'm looking at Destro more seriously, but I'm still playing Demo so far due to familiarity. Aff just seemed sad to me when I tried it. Tortos went from me pounding it to barely above the tanks in one day.

And they buffed Mages, I'm so sick of this class favorites BS.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaeo View Post
    Is it better to use Imp Swarm with DS or would it just be better to use Imp Swarm as soon as it is up?
    This is dependent on the fight but in general your imp/min rate is the same with the glyph if you use it or not so you want to line it up as best you can with DS as a fight allows and just take advantage of the passive ones until then.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time you try to line up DS with Meta so I was wondering if people did any testing to see if the DS Glyph is a dps loss or neutral because when it is active your total mastery gain is the same but the extra passive maybe helpful especially on movement heavy fights. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    Most of the time you try to line up DS with Meta so I was wondering if people did any testing to see if the DS Glyph is a dps loss or neutral because when it is active your total mastery gain is the same but the extra passive maybe helpful especially on movement heavy fights. Thoughts?

I remember some reading I did during the Beta that all said it was a dps loss. Not sure if that's changed or not.

10+ Year Old Account

Wait, that's not right. When it is active you have a lower mastery rating then without the glyph and the passive effect doesn't work when you've got DS on cooldown (which should be pretty much always, or close to it). I'm not sure how the math works out for Demo, but for Affliction at least you needed to have DS off cooldown for at least 20 seconds everytime to make it neutral compared to not using the glyph.

So it will only work when you have DS of cooldown for long periods, AND aren't in need of the full buff amount when you do use DS,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    [/SIZE][/B]

Wait, that's not right. When it is active you have a lower mastery rating then without the glyph and the passive effect doesn't work when you've got DS on cooldown (which should be pretty much always, or close to it). I'm not sure how the math works out for Demo, but for Affliction at least you needed to have DS off cooldown for at least 20 seconds everytime to make it neutral compared to not using the glyph.

So it will only work when you have DS of cooldown for long periods, AND aren't in need of the full buff amount when you do use DS,
    that makes sense...i was doing some thereocrafting and read the glyph to be 10% passive + 20% buff = 30% vs 30% buff and totally forgot that when on CD the passive goes away.

Wish they remade the glyph to be like 5% passive and you get 15%-ish on top when you use it and you keep the passive so it would give you a more or less the same gains as 30% bursts. (maths are example but you get the point lower overall buff for higher sustained)

10+ Year Old Account
    that makes sense...i was doing some thereocrafting and read the glyph to be 10% passive + 20% buff = 30% vs 30% buff and totally forgot that when on CD the passive goes away.

Wish they remade the glyph to be like 5% passive and you get 15%-ish on top when you use it and you keep the passive so it would give you a more or less the same gains as 30% bursts. (maths are example but you get the point lower overall buff for higher sustained)
    Just FYI but it's not even that. It's 3% passive gain (10% of 30%) and then 27% on use when using the glyph. If it were 10% gain it would probably have it's uses, if only just for doing dailies and such when you don't use DS usually. No, all in all it's a pretty useless glyph.

Any tips or advice for Ji-Kun as demonology? I'm finding it to be a pain so far(my pet de-spawned on a couple attempts last night during platform switches o.O) as I'm on full time nest duty. I'm considering using Supremacy as I don't know if it would be beneficial to use service or not, any help would be appreciated .

Any tips or advice for Ji-Kun as demonology? I'm finding it to be a pain so far(my pet de-spawned on a couple attempts last night during platform switches o.O) as I'm on full time nest duty. I'm considering using Supremacy as I don't know if it would be beneficial to use service or not, any help would be appreciated .
    In my experience on Ji-Kun as Destro GoSup, the pet would spawn on the platforms with me, causing it to lose uptime but it got me better results than GoSac due to how much it's been nerfed. For Demo, my gut says you might want to try GoServ to just get some more burst out if you're behind on a platform. By full time nest duty, you mean no uptime on boss at all, right?

I did it as Serv and topped dps in my group. Specced AV and used it when Quills went out if there was an add we were behind on. Saved Imps and Serv for any adds that we fell behind on as well. Used DS with T14 4 set to keep DS buffed Doom on the boss the entire fight. Never had any problems with pet despawing at all. (That's Durumu's trick, sadly.)