Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Their team of people who work on WoW is bigger than ever and it's still increasing.
    Interesting. Got any numbers to back that up?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Interesting. Got any numbers to back that up?
    How about an interview with Tom Chilton? http://www.twizzcast.com/shows/2013/...m-chilton.html

"Part of the team has been split off to work on the odd number patches, Patch 5.1, 5.3, and maybe even Patch 5.5!
    The rest of the team works on the even numbed patches with raids, Patch 5.0, 5.2, and Patch 5.4.
    The team working on WoW has also been enlarged, and is now bigger than ever before. The team size will be increased as time goes on."

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    Very well said indeed. It's too bad the negative responses weren't this well put we could get some real discussion going instead of name-calling and bickering.

That said, Blizzard MUST keep up this pace of content release to keep a large number of players after stating this, i believe. Mop is turning out to be a shining example of what can be done with an aging game. I'm having a blast with 5.2 and am looking forward to future content being release BEFORE I'm done with it.
    Absolutely. And that's the big risk they run, I think. They're doing really well with Mists but they're going to have to keep the pace up. I think they can do it, but only time will tell.-

raid, do LFR, log out till reset.

no dungeons, just dailies.

zzz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    I'm fairly certain that PS2's success has less to do with fanboys and more with the massive game library the console had.
    The PS2 monopolized. The 360 broke Sony's monopoly.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    Somebodies a bitter they never got a Playstation from the sounds of it. WoW has no been milked any more than any big franchise sorry the other mmos out there lately have sucked so fierce Blizzard felt no need to rush content to compete against them.

Oh and using the word fanboy does nothing for your part of the argument except make you look like a tool. Not to mention the fact Blizzard has no monopoly since it does have plenty of competition they are all just lesser than it.
    WoW will be a lot better when it is forced to compete more, then we all win.

But you don't want that right?

Also, I did own a PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So what would you have them do? Release a few more content free balancing patches? Create some minor stuff for you to look at and delay MoP? Also, it was 9 months. The year was during WotLK.
    Wrath had tons to do. IC was actually good, and people were still doing TOC 25 for trinkets. Even Halion was fun.

What I would have them do is not sacrifice the quality of the current game in order to sell us a new one. That's what I would have them do.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    raid, do LFR, log out till reset.

no dungeons, just dailies.

zzz.
    Your own fault if you are bored then, as there is other stuff to do in the game than what you just described.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    The PS2 monopolized. The 360 broke Sony's monopoly.

WoW will be a lot better when it is forced to compete more, then we all win.

But you don't want that right?

Also, I did own a PS2.

Wrath had tons to do. IC was actually good, and people were still doing TOC 25 for trinkets. Even Halion was fun.

What I would have them do is not sacrifice the quality of the current game in order to sell us a new one. That's what I would have them do.
    Barely anyone did Halion. Most people seem to forget that the Ruby Sanctum even existed. And sure, ICC was good - but that doesn't change the fact that it lasted for about a year. And no, Wrath had less content than MoP.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Barely anyone did Halion. Most people seem to forget that the Ruby Sanctum even existed. And sure, ICC was good - but that doesn't change the fact that it lasted for about a year. And no, Wrath had less content than MoP.
    TOC/IC/Halion > DS

Halion was fun, especially the hard mode. Sorry if people were too lazy to do him. One shot mechanics are hard bro. I personally loved those lazer beams.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this means they're gonna start churning out bigger and better updates at a faster time rate, then I'd start supporting them again, unlike cataclysm.

Deleted
    If this kind of patch is what we will se in the future... Meh.. I can't say this patch was good or any different, it's getting too stale with these kind of patches.

One question I have is: How soon will we see the next expansion? It's no doubt this expansion's cycle will be quicker than the others, but how quicker? If 5.3 is coming "sooner" than we think, let's say in 2 months, it'll be out in the middle of May. Another 4-5 months for 5.4 to come out and we're looking at September. Then what? 5.5 coming out? Is it going to be a smaller patch too? 2-3 more months until that comes out. Then what? 3-4 months of waiting, or more?

I'm intrigued. Will it come in the spring of 2014, or in the summer when school is over?

Seems promising, I hope they will fullfill that promise ^_^
    Long live WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    1. It's your opinion.

2. You're making assumptions, especially with something personal to me.

If you want to discuss this logically instead of letting your malformed biased hate for Blizzard cloud your judgment, I'll do so.
    It is not an opinion that WoW has practically monopolized the MMO market and stagnated it as a whole due to the only true advancements being made by Blizzard itself. Any new ideas in other newer MMO's are quickly shot down because they can't fathom competing with WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

They milked WoW when they decided to not update Cataclysm for a year while having a second team making another expansion.

GW2 is terrible, sorry. Rift is different, and TOR was a failure. Honestly with the budget TOR had they could have made a better WoW.

I guess they had a lot of over-paid devs there.

Your PS3 finished third place this generation after the brand monopolized the market for two console cycles.

Monopolies are bad for gamers unless you are a fanboy.

Did you enjoy your PS2 breaking down all the time?

My PS2 is working fine, as is my PS3.

On the flipside my brothers XBox has needed to be returned and replaced at least 3 times before he gave up on it.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Says who? How are they milking it?

9 Million+ players seem to enjoy this claimed "Playstation of MMORPGs". That's simply your opinion.

Oh, by the way, GW2 is it's real competition. GW2 is a FANTASTIC game, just not one I liked and thus did not level past level 18.

It also had the competition of Rift AND SWTOR. You remember how those worked out, correct?

And I like my PS3, thank you very much.
    OT: Oh, you're smart. I somehow got to level 48 and then said to myself "What have I been doing for the past 2 weeks?"

On topic: It sounds awesome, but as long as they have the main villian of each patch do something other than sit in their castle until you come along to fight them. I sincerely hope that Lei Shen actually gets some screen time through flashbacks/lore. He was just resurrected then skipped off to say Hai! to his trusty Nalak, then went and sat in his throne. Just give them SOMETHING. Something...
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

You were lucky then. The PS2 was notoriously badly designed because it was cheaply made, but the fanboys kept buying it.
    I've never heard of the PS2 breaking down, you must be thinking of the Xbox 360 which would die whenever it felt like it.

If we keep getting raids like Throne of Thunder in the future I'll gladly pay for a good couple of years from now on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I've never heard of the PS2 breaking down, you must be thinking of the Xbox 360 which would die whenever it felt like it.
    There are people who don't get cancer as well but it's still killing a lot of people.

Why are we even having this discussion? Everyone knows patch 1.1.0 killed WoW.

There are people who don't get cancer as well but it's still killing a lot of people.
    You're a very angry little man, aren't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off with personal insults and irrelevant metaphors and analogies.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Rift is different
    Rift is WoW for people who hate WoW. It's exactly the same game but you can say "WoW ? Pff kiddy game. I play Rift !".

As for the question of the thread, i think after ICC and during Cataclysm they tried to cut back on content and probably thought that the players will stay nontheless but after that didn't work out they probably got their dev team back to the original size.

Everquest is still going;
    And isn't Ultima Online also?

WoW isn't going anywhere until it becomes unprofitable and there are many courses that can be taken to ensure it does even if/when the game is no longer king of the market.
    Even if the player base drops under it's absurd amount now people will scream it's dying;
    Just like what happened with EQ.

...And this is really making me want to pick up that game in my free time to see how it's evolved.