Deleted
    Do you guys think it's worth using the 4 piece? I was thinking about how I often use TFT and mostly it's for burst phases which occur every 1 min or so, thus the reduced CD in TFT doesn't really make a difference (in that regard). Surely it would be better to skip getting the mastery shoulders or helm and just go for another crit/haste item to improve the throughput of the 2 piece instead? I would definitely run 3 pieces: gloves, legs and chest but I think the haste shoulders (from Horridon) and the crit helm (from Megaera) would be more beneficial than the mastery shoulders/helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Do you guys think it's worth using the 4 piece? I was thinking about how I often use TFT and mostly it's for burst phases which occur every 1 min or so, thus the reduced CD in TFT doesn't really make a difference (in that regard). Surely it would be better to skip getting the mastery shoulders or helm and just go for another crit/haste item to improve the throughput of the 2 piece instead? I would definitely run 3 pieces: gloves, legs and chest but I think the haste shoulders (from Horridon) and the crit helm (from Megaera) would be more beneficial than the mastery shoulders/helm.
    It's similar to the discussion of using a 1h or 2h. Do you want to be optimal for every encounter? Then you need both in your bags and switch around. :P

Like you said, having TfT's cooldown get reduced by 5 seconds might not seem much when quite a few encounters have a 45 sec + interval on mechanics which require good TfT use but it's not easy to quantify how much of a gain it might become if you got to TfT 5 seconds earlier than you usually would. A few situations that come to mind where you would probably gain from the tier bonus are having Horridon and War-God up simultaneously, Kazra'jin being empowered by Gara'jal so using Discharge after Reckless charge.

Using haste shoulders from Horridon would allow you to get around 400 extra crit from your set (using helm from Megaera which is BiS) and you would lose a negligible amount of intellect, personally sacrificing that crit for a more readily available cooldown is worth it.
    Last edited by Luqt; 2013-03-16 at 06:46 PM.

was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on chi torpedo? I have seen many bash it I have seen many praise it to no end. Personally I did not use it at all in 5.1 due to being exclusively in melee. Now that I find myself in range most of the time I picked it back up. I never seem to hit enough people, end up torpedoing into something bad, or just use it at a bad time and miss refreshing renewing etc. Maybe it could do with the way my guild handles fights at well.

What are your thoughts and if it is fight based what fights do you find Xuen better?

Deleted
    I love Chi Torpedo. It's really really good. You can use it to burst heal the entire raid, similar to a Chi Burst twice. Three times with Celerity. I really like the talent. It's obviously not the best choice on some fights but overall I think it is the best healing choice we have.

Deleted
    You only need to hit 6 people to get the most out of any AE healing spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    You only need to hit 6 people to get the most out of any AE healing spell.
    This, being in melee is no reason to avoid Chi Torpedo.

Besides, what else are you going to use? Xuen, which does less than half of CT's healing in any given fight, or RJW which is only barely more healing than Chi Torpedo, but requires you to use SCK and costs 2 chi to boot? Xuen's numbers are pure awful, you might think you're getting a lot of healing out of it but you're really not.

is there somewhere a BiS list for MW or at least bis trinkets plz ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eznor View Post
    is there somewhere a BiS list for MW or at least bis trinkets plz ?
    IMO:

Lightning Imbued Chalice + Horridon's Last Gasp

Deleted
    Horridon's is an incredible trinket, imbued chalice is going to be a huge amount of overheal for us though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Horridon's is an incredible trinket, imbued chalice is going to be a huge amount of overheal for us though.
    Mostly thinking about the passive intellect it provides. We don't need the spirit regen. 10k spirit is enough for MWs at the moment.

Okay so doing some testing with the 2 piece, I assumed what would happen is the first target healed by my renewing mist is 100%, the next target 115% and the final jump 132.25%. However, the first target is actually being counted as a new jump, so the first target is getting 115% of the healing of what RM would do without the set bonus, the 2nd target 132.25% and the 3rd target is 152.08% making the set bonus considerably stronger than I had realized.

Deleted
    Yeah, that's already been reproduced in the spreadsheet as well so knock yourself out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayra View Post
    Okay so doing some testing with the 2 piece, I assumed what would happen is the first target healed by my renewing mist is 100%, the next target 115% and the final jump 132.25%. However, the first target is actually being counted as a new jump, so the first target is getting 115% of the healing of what RM would do without the set bonus, the 2nd target 132.25% and the 3rd target is 152.08% making the set bonus considerably stronger than I had realized.
    On top of this when you use TFT with Uplift, while having the 2 set equipped, all current Renewing Mists count as "travelling again" (in accordance with the set bonus) and as such the HoT gets increased by 15%. Essentially works out that (as the best case scenario) you're looking at a Renewing Mists which is ticking for 178%~ of it's original value.

Deleted
    On top of this when you use TFT with Uplift, while having the 2 set equipped, all current Renewing Mists count as "travelling again" (in accordance with the set bonus) and as such the HoT gets increased by 15%. Essentially works out that (as the best case scenario) you're looking at a Renewing Mists which is ticking for 178%~ of it's original value.
    So it does... guess I need to make a sheet for that now also...

Lol this is getting stupid. No wonder Mistweavers are posting much higher numbers than we expected. Obviously at this point the 6145 haste point is mandatory with 2-piece.

Deleted
    just got the 2part, i'll try the next days a 9145 haste just to see how it feels, i'll let u know

Deleted
    Do you think i should reforge out of crit and try to reach the 16.6% haste cap for an extra tick of RM? Or my gear levels dont allow it yet?
    Armory: Onzejermain - Stormrage - Eu

I Don't have 2 set yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Lol this is getting stupid. No wonder Mistweavers are posting much higher numbers than we expected. Obviously at this point the 6145 haste point is mandatory with 2-piece.
    Yup. Here is proof.

Does anyone have any info on what gems are better for throughput? I've seen many monks go spellpower, but I've seen some go full on crit gems.

Yup. Here is proof.

Have you noticed that it's not actually a 15% increase, but a 32.5% increase when refreshed via TFT? I was doing some testing before my raid tonight and found that out and went back to double-check your screenshot and it's the same. I was getting Renewing Mist ticks for 101% more than the base value, that might be kind of crazy.