Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    why would they nerf Tranqboots?
    this item isnt that strong, yet almost mandatory when facing overwhelming odds on the lane as melee.
    They are that strong, right now you can win a lane that you shouldn't be winning just by buying them, they're cheap for how much they give you and for heroes like Naga and PL they're pretty much the best boots until you buy BoT. Actually they will probably still be best boots for PL, but at least now there's a bigger drawback to them.

Even when you're not doing badly you can disregard buying lifesteal or regen items like Vanguard to stay on lane against heroes that would normally wreck you or farm jungle, and it's not uncommon for carries to run around with Tranquils 35 minutes into a game. Imagine if Midas reduced you attack speed instead of giving it, then at some point you'd have to sell it to increase your ability to fight. That's basically what the nerf does to Tranquils, it punishes you harder for having them for too long while also hurting your lane presence a bit.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-16 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    They are that strong, right now you can win a lane that you shouldn't be winning just by buying them, they're cheap for how much they give you and for heroes like Naga and PL they're pretty much the best boots until you buy BoT. Actually they will probably still be best boots for PL, but at least now there's a bigger drawback to them.
    that's kind of my point though, being a melee is already enough of a strain - you are denied of farm, you get harassed, so at least you have a decent chance of survival and accumulation of any sum of money instead of eating through such an amount of forest Greenpeace would sue you

Well, perhaps its just my perspective, I dont see these boots as something overpowered.
    and my Axe and PL totally love em ;[

Deleted
    I'm happy for the nerfs on TB sad to see no nerfs to mana boots. Atleast he keeps loving Treant Protector

Arcane Boots are like best thing that ever happened to dota, why would they get nerfed =(

Arcane Boots are like best thing that ever happened to dota, why would they get nerfed =(
    no they are not .
    gay mass arcane boots tactics are an atrocity which must be removed from dota.

no they are not .
    gay mass arcane boots tactics are an atrocity which must be removed from dota.
    That's a pretty solid analysis I never even realized that I instantly start thinking about cocks whenever I buy them, thanks for your input, it's as valuable as always.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-16 at 04:15 PM.

Deleted
    For the same reason the original phase boots were changed, it simply is too powerful for its cost compared to other boots.
    Before the arcane ring, you had to plan your fight precisely because there were no second chances. Every hero needed an item to give at least a small increase in mana pool.
    I'm not saying that the boots should be removed, I'm just saying they should reduce the mana gain to let's say 90 or 100 and/or gave it a recipe.

That's a pretty solid analysis I never even realized that I instantly start thinking about cocks whenever I buy them, thanks for your input, it's as valuable as always.
    you start thinking about what whenever you buy what?
    you might wish to check on your psychologist, or sexologist, or both.

Tranqs are too strong because there's no drawback to them. The movespeed nerf was warranted at the very least.

you start thinking about what whenever you buy what?
    you might wish to check on your psychologist, or sexologist, or both.
    You might want to check with your logicist and hypocrisist Mr. Please Stop Abusing Russians You Autist Gay Retards. Or maybe think about when was the last time you posted something that might even remotely be considered an interesting or helpful contribution? I'm not sure why I didn't ignore you 100 pages ago, I certainly meant to at some point.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-16 at 04:49 PM.

You might want to check with your logicist and hypocrisist Mr. Please Stop Abusing Russians You Autist Gay Retards. Or maybe think about when was the last time you posted something that might even remotely be considered an interesting or helpful contribution? I'm not sure why I didn't ignore you 100 pages ago, I certainly meant to at some point.
    well, mr. holier-than-thou why don't you follow your own words and finally put me on ignore you hypocrite little feth?
    I'm most sure we will both profit from such an act.

Quote Originally Posted by janzeer View Post
    We want Bristleback please :P
    I agree, smartest post I've read all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I agree, smartest post I've read all day.
    Seconded.

Although having read about Techies (I never played Dota 1), I am wondering when they will make it to Dota 2 and what infernal hell they'll bring to the game.

I'm wondering what they think they can possibly do to remake him without fundamentally changing everything about him.

Deleted
    6.77c out with the promised changes that couldn't wait for 6.78. http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.77c

Seems good to me, Tranquil nerf is spot on.
    not the boots....no,no,no,no,no,my precious boots!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering what they think they can possibly do to remake him without fundamentally changing everything about him.
    Meh, he could be made a strong, competitive pick as he is right now with just some tweaking. Reduce fade time on his invisibility, increase cast range and/or damage for Leech Seed, make his ulti do damage again. Living Armor is probably fine now with the recent change, though Orb of Venom is probably still going to be way too good at nullifying it.

If I'm reading that right, though, it should now block damage from creeps and towers now as well as heroes, right? Maybe it'll function like a free instant Vanguard now.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Meh, he could be made a strong, competitive pick as he is right now with just some tweaking. Reduce fade time on his invisibility, increase cast range and/or damage for Leech Seed, make his ulti do damage again. Living Armor is probably fine now with the recent change, though Orb of Venom is probably still going to be way too good at nullifying it.

If I'm reading that right, though, it should now block damage from creeps and towers now as well as heroes, right? Maybe it'll function like a free instant Vanguard now.
    How did you go from techies to treant o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you go from techies to treant o_O
    Oh, I thought you were talking about Treant.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

No, treant will never be a competitive pick.

Quote Originally Posted by janzeer View Post
    We want Bristleback please :P
    Yeah, no.

BB is pretty much an alternative to PL only BB becomes relevant way sooner.

credits: Supernerd