Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I hope Vettel doesn't win again, I have nothing against him and he's a good driver but it gets a bit boring if he wins a 4th time in the row. I hope naturally it goes well for Räikkönen and Bottas, I don't know anything about Bottas but I don't think that he'll be very good the first year at least. Räikkönen's good but tbh his car is not good enough for him to claim the championship, at least if the car hasn't been improved a lot. I think and hope he's able to win at least one race anyway.

Looks like a wet qualifying, watching at the moment and they have delayed the start due to the heavy rain. This mixes things up, Vettel had issues in FP3 with his car but was otherwise looking like he was just waiting to start waving his finger, clearly the fastest car in the dry.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like McLaren has their work cut out for them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Remind me to never complain about Rain in England again.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Moly...... It's like an entire week's worth of English summer rain dumped over a few hours.

Jenson is not a happy bunny with his car. And it was very much like watching a ballet with the number of spins and twirls.

So the rest of qualifying to be held before the race tomorrow. Should be fun. Means getting up to watch the qualifying highlights at 5AM though.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

So I guess I can delete the qualifying session I recorded this morning and never got round to seeing then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So I guess I can delete the qualifying session I recorded this morning and never got round to seeing then
    Well, unless you're a huge fan of precipitation, pretty much yeah.

They did do Q1 if that interests you, lots of action and loads of cars going off and bits of car being smashed about if you get what I mean. They then waited for the rain to stop with more delays but due to the fading light (as it was quite late in AUS time) they cancelled it, so you will only see Q2 and Q3 tonight.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Those of you who live in the UK and have Sky Sports will have probably seen the F1 adverts leading up to this weekend, the ones with the piano music in the background.

Took me a couple of goes before I realised it was Aerodynamic by Daft Punk.

Took me about 3 weeks to find the actual version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96XvU_hcQd8

That's going up there with The Chain, Backbeat and Lift Me Up in my collection of "Things to listen to before the F1 season starts."

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Those of you who live in the UK and have Sky Sports will have probably seen the F1 adverts leading up to this weekend, the ones with the piano music in the background.

Took me a couple of goes before I realised it was Aerodynamic by Daft Punk.

Took me about 3 weeks to find the actual version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96XvU_hcQd8

That's going up there with The Chain, Backbeat and Lift Me Up in my collection of "Things to listen to before the F1 season starts."
    The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

The bit you get on the BBC starts at 3:04

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye I mentioned The Chain, it's the classic one to go with.

The other two were the best songs ITV used.

So...4th night in a row with less than 4 hours sleep coming up...

:/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So...4th night in a row with less than 4 hours sleep coming up...

:/
    I'm on my third coffee. Soon as I heard practice was cancelled I faceplanted for a few hours sleep yesterday.

I'll be honest, I've absolutely no sodding clue who's winning this one, everything has been turned on it's head during the practice sessions, and the weather this weekend makes things even more random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vettel may have smashed his tyres in Q3 so he might drop back. Webber favorite to win on home turf at long last. Massa might be on for a podium if he gets a good start and then holds off Alonso.

Great session.

Incredibly nice to see Massa outqualify Alonso too, even if it's only by .003s. Great Q3 for Hamilton as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    McLaren will certainly not be at all impressed with how Perez has gone so far this weekend. I won't say he looks all at sea in his car this early into a season, but it's not the same man we saw in last years Sauber.
    In all fairness, McLaren screwed Checo up big time with that risky dry tyre call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sauber's Nico Hulkenberg will not start the race. Poor start to the season for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this year is off to a splendid start, the right man on top of the podium

10+ Year Old Account
    Good race. Not the greatest, especially in the latter stages, but highly acceptable.

Gotta feel for Massa and Sutil though. Their strategies were completely ruined by their teams.

Pretty surprised to see that both the F138 and the E21 have better race pace than the RB9 though.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kimi Räikkönen takes the first win!
    Superb race.

Alonso is second after Ferrari sacrificed Massa once again (this starts to get lame and sad at the same time, Alonso is the ONLY driver with a squire driver giving up for him, even when it's the first race and he's ahead...)

Vettel third, such a great race with those tyres.
    Last edited by shise; 2013-03-17 at 08:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Lotus have their business in order this season. I'm still not sold on Grosjean and I don't think they'll win the CC, that'll be between Ferrari and Red Bull.

But Raikonnen has a great shot at a second World Championship, and christ is that Lotus fast.