Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Rogues cant outdps second wind buffs

Am i the only rogue that cant out dps second wind buffs as a rogue without dance with full energy?

If no, what am i doing wrong?

yopu might very well be the only rogue who cannot. But there is no way to know for sure. It is difficult to get though second wind by yourself sometimes

If you're fully geared and can't out DPS second wind with CDs something is pretty wrong. Warriors are noticeably squishier than they were last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Full Energy Shadow Dance, you should have 0 problems getting through 2nd wind. Should be dead in a cheapshot.

Now if he trinkets the stun, then stuns you, then disarms you, then leap kites you, then shield walls, then die by the swords, then Rallying Crys, then health stones, then health pots. Yeah I can see you not killing him; but thats hardly 2nd wind.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I said without CDs.

And how can you not see this? A rogue trying to kill a DK for example, constant second wind and im trying to beat him down with hemorrage/backstab.. Impossible

I have to kite like a fucking chicken until every offensive CD i have is up.. Yeah rogues are totally OP!

Deleted
    it an be quite hard if you dont outgear the warrior, its not impossible though. definately one of the harder classes for me on my rogue still because of second wind, seems a lot better though with rogue buffs in patch, they are not giving me as much trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    if everyone could out-dps second wind without popping some sort of cooldown, why the hell would any warriors take it?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my hemo hits for about 15k and backstab for 20k, so unless I have dance or blades up sw can still easily heal through that.

Deleted
    Which is ridiculous imo

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    I said without CDs.
    Assume second wind is a cooldown. As a rogue, you need cooldowns to do most things.

And how can you not see this? A rogue trying to kill a DK for example, constant second wind and im trying to beat him down with hemorrage/backstab.. Impossible
    Errr... did you mean warrior?

I have to kite like a fucking chicken until every offensive CD i have is up..
    You don't need every offensive CD, but again, second wind is budgetted like a cooldown, and is over that budget. Every warrior takes it, because it is too good. But it is defetable- I just don't get why you would take the rogue spec that is the worst outside of cooldowns and then expect to beat a second wind warrior then. As a mutilate rogue you will be able to get them down through it. Or during dance. You need either another spec, or cooldowns, or to outgear the warrior, or for the warrior to fuck up.

Yeah rogues are totally OP!
    "I can't shoot this robber while I'm out of ammunition. Guns are bullshit at self defense, I need to dual wield machetes!"

I said without CDs.

I have to kite like a fucking chicken until every offensive CD i have is up.. Yeah rogues are totally OP!
    Warriors and DKs are tank classes, and it shows. If you catch them with no defenses you should be able to bring them down pretty easily, but a smart player turtling on one of those classes is tough.

If you're expecting kills without using any cooldowns, I'm afraid you're playing the wrong class. Rogues are more based on cooldowns than any class I can think of. When you're between dances, you should be peeling, setting up buffs, and pooling energy. If you really just want to push out some sustained damage though, respec. Assassination seems to have pretty decent pressure and plays a little more like other melee specs.

Deleted
    If second wind is considered as a CD, then its a really good CD because its always up when the warrior is under 35%.. sigh

And DKs have some sort of activation second wind ability that drains runic power, dont remember the name of it which is why i call it second wind

And im expecting me to get a kill on a target that is under 20% hp when im over 90% wihtout needing to use all my CDs, not killing him from 100-0 in one blow... this forum is really stupid sometimes.. sighh

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember correctly. Blizzard has clearly stated that PvP is NOT balanced toward 1v1. This thread should be locked.

10+ Year Old Account
    If second wind is considered as a CD, then its a really good CD because its always up when the warrior is under 35%.. sigh

And DKs have some sort of activation second wind ability that drains runic power, dont remember the name of it which is why i call it second wind

And im expecting me to get a kill on a target that is under 20% hp when im over 90% wihtout needing to use all my CDs, not killing him from 100-0 in one blow... this forum is really stupid sometimes.. sighh
    they have conversion but at least it has a cost

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zots View Post
    If I remember correctly. Blizzard has clearly stated that PvP is NOT balanced toward 1v1. This thread should be locked.
    This is very true, well well.. guess i have to live with it!

No problem killing the best geared warriors on my server. Put 3 stacks of Expose armor up. Revealing strike if combat, get full energy, Kidney shot, disarm, Killing spree if combat, shadow dance ambush ambush evis ambush ambush if sub.

If you're worried about your kidney being parried, shadow step just before applying it. If at all possible try your best to force trinket, even if you have to act like you're running away by blinding and running.

The problem of course with most rogues is that they don't save their cooldowns to sub 35 percent. Gotta learn to. When the warrior pops his offensive cd's disarm or kite his ass... easily done with shuriken toss and deadly throw if you're comfortable enough spec'ing into it. When you absolutely have to take some hits have feint up. 30 percent less damage with elusiveness is tits.
    Last edited by Delznope; 2013-03-17 at 06:17 AM.

it's all skill on the warrior's part m8

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its L2P issue. I had some t2 rogue rape me in as FC with 67.5% resi/520k hp. TBH could not believe it.
    Anyway if rogue can take me down in prot. He can defo kill arms or fury.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted

The DK version is called Conversion and you don't need to kite during it, it stops other sources of runic power generation and they'll avoid using frost strikes because of the cost. They'll only gain runic power from expending runes while it's active and it's not very much pressure.

i get evis for 75k by honor geared rogues while i am on 68% res s12 t2.
    yeah you are doing something wrong. use ur finishers (combo points) instead of spamming hemo/sins