Poll: What was your favorite tier of WoW to this point?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is ToT the best tier yet?!

I personally believe that Patch 5.2 is better than any tier Blizzard has ever released, it's geared perfectly to suit everybody's needs! I personally just killed Lei Shen Thursday night with my 3 night a week guild, we increased to 4 hours a night and even picked up a 4th day the first week but we didn't have to do anything crazy to down content while it still being challenging and requiring a lot of skill to overcome. Horridon/Council kills pre-nerf too What was your favorite?!
    Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

The tier isn't even over yet for world first guilds, it's a bit early for everyone else to be judging it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Deleted
    Best tier! On pair with Ulduar definitely !

Only 2/12 right now with some pulls on council, but so far it's quite depressing. Jin'rohk is pretty good but a bit easy, Horridon is a terrible fight and Council looks like it's just as bad. I really hate these total clusterfork fights with a billion different targets. It just feels like a total mess even when you kill it and I can't find any satisfaction in getting kills on those bosses. Looking at the later bosses seems like some of them are just as bad, like Durumu, Primordius and Dark Animus. Tortos, Iron Qon and Twin Consorts seem like fun though. The rest I don't really know how to feel about yet.

So far T14 seems like it was a better tier, where the only two bosses I really disliked was Elegon and Garalon. The rest ranged from pretty good to awesome. I prefered Dragon Soul to both T14 and T15 though.

So far I have enjoyed T14 more than T15.

Deleted
    The only boss I don't like is Council. And the raid itself is looking 100x better than most of the other raids, so yes. I'd say it's the best so far.

It's without a doubt my favorite raiding tier in which I've actually been a raider (since late ICC/early Cata).

Deleted
    I can't answer this 100% since I have not raided this tier at all yet. But Ulduar is easily the best one so far that I have raided.

It's no Ulduar...

I feel like this poll is gonna be heavily skewed since ToT is still new and fresh which leads most people to automatically vote for it.

You'd get much more reasonable results if you waited until right before 5.4 was released to conduct this poll.

This is definitely one of the better raids.

My ranking of patches, ATM is:

4.2 (Firelands)
    3.2 (Argent Tourny)

In order, these patches have the most enjoyable non-raid related content.

My ranking of raids ATM is:

Ulduar
    Throne of Thunder (this may even be 1st once I finish/see the whole thing)
    Icecrown Citadel

Deleted
    TBH I enjoy every raid as long it's done with friendly people.
    Many people say they hate raids like Naxx 2.0 or DS, but personally I have only good memories from them. I liked T14 a lot, can't really comment about whole ToT since I'm only 4/12 atm, but like it so far, even the "bridge trash boss" on first raid night will be remembered by me as fun as hell

10+ Year Old Account
    not so impressed so far.. ulduar, icc.. hell the whole lich king era was much better.. again.. whos thunder king? what did he do?

Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    not so impressed so far.. ulduar, icc.. hell the whole lich king era was much better.. again.. whos thunder king? what did he do?
    Only enslaved all of Pandaria and kept a titan as a pet, but nothing major obviously.

But you're probably right, being possessed by a helmet and given control of a bunch of zombies is so much more impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    lol

OT: im definitely liking it. the fights seem very interesting. the boss rooms are nicely designed. the lore for this raid is interesting. but, i dont think its been out long enough to really judge. so im not gonna vote it just yet. ask me again in like 3 months
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

No disrespect to ToT or people in this thread, but I really hope that everyone understands that raiding Ulduar at level 85 or 90 is absolutely not even close to raiding Ulduar in ilvl 213s when it was current content.

I understand that a lot of the Wotlk raiders are gone, and I understand that even fewer people actually experience Ulduar during Wotlk, but I can assure you that it isn't just nostalgia that keeps Ulduar as everyone's favorite.... it was just an amazing raid.

ToT is good, and I understand people have different opinions, but every time someone mentions DS or FL in the same rank as Ulduar I want to kill a puppy. Blizzard is doing a good job with current tiers, but they still don't live up to Ulduar (while it was current... killing all the bosses in ilvl 500s or soloing the bosses is not at all the same).

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre80 View Post
    I personally believe that Patch 5.2 is better than any tier Blizzard has ever released, it's geared perfectly to suit everybody's needs! I personally just killed Lei Shen Thursday night with my 3 night a week guild, we increased to 4 hours a night and even picked up a 4th day the first week but we didn't have to do anything crazy to down content while it still being challenging and requiring a lot of skill to overcome. Horridon/Council kills pre-nerf too What was your favorite?!
    Ulduar, and I also predict Ulduar wins.

This tier is just Sunwell Isle with an overtuned Cata style raid and Molten Core style trash. Absolutely not impressed.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    No disrespect to ToT or people in this thread, but I really hope that everyone understands that raiding Ulduar at level 85 or 90 is absolutely not even close to raiding Ulduar in ilvl 213s when it was current content.

I understand that a lot of the Wotlk raiders are gone, and I understand that even fewer people actually experience Ulduar during Wotlk, but I can assure you that it isn't just nostalgia that keeps Ulduar as everyone's favorite.... it was just an amazing raid.

ToT is good, and I understand people have different opinions, but every time someone mentions DS or FL in the same rank as Ulduar I want to kill a puppy. Blizzard is doing a good job with current tiers, but they still don't live up to Ulduar (while it was current... killing all the bosses in ilvl 500s or soloing the bosses is not at all the same).
    You realize the only people who put ulduar over sunwell are people who didn't do sunwell? I love ulduar but Karazhan before all the nerfs was a better raid. Hell I think TBC had the best raids in the game still to this date. however ulduar is a behind those and what I have seen of ToT is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    You realize the only people who put ulduar over sunwell are people who didn't do sunwell? I love ulduar but Karazhan before all the nerfs was a better raid. Hell I think TBC had the best raids in the game still to this date. however ulduar is a behind those and what I have seen of ToT is amazing.
    It's all opinion, but I believe that the only good TBC raids were Sunwell, Black Temple, and The Eye. I personally think that Ulduar and Trollduar(ToT) are the two best raids by a wide margin. Lots of Bosses. None of the fights are too similar, and hell, they are stuck on Dark Animus on Heroic mode even 6 days in, so I'd say that they did a good job on boss tuning. Plus the whole "feel" of both the raids are awesome. I personally like the fact that both Uld's and ToT(and to an extent Naxx) all have different wings each with a cohesive theme.

No Karazhan? I guess I will go with Ulduar then.

I haven't seen the whole ToT raid so I can't really comment too much on it yet.