Deleted

Wolfheart vs. Twilight of the Aspects

So a real quick question. How important is it to read these two in chronological order? Can I read Wolfheart first without any issues or?
    Thanks in advance

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    While Wolfheart is certainly one of the better Knaak novels, I'd honestly suggest reading a summary of it instead. There are some decent elements, but all-in-all, not a good book. Now as for the chronological order, well I wouldn't worry too much about it - I would however read "The Shattering" before reading "Twilight of the Aspects"

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    While Wolfheart is certainly one of the better Knaak novels, I'd honestly suggest reading a summary of it instead. There are some decent elements, but all-in-all, not a good book. Now as for the chronological order, well I wouldn't worry too much about it - I would however read "The Shattering" before reading "Twilight of the Aspects"
    I have read ALOT of books and Knaak is by far one of the worst writers i have ever read. Read the summary and stay clear of his attempts of writing a novel. I don't know how they got released. Twilight has better story construction. (Ok maybe not as bad )
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Knack gets a lot of flack for his books but Wolfheart is one of the better books for Warcraft he has done IMO. If you haven't already read the Shattering, it is a really good book and written by Golden so that's a plus.

You could also take a look at the following thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-own-risk-2-0)

It's good a lot of good info and a great read.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for the answers
    I do intend to read both though, but appreciate the warnings :P
    Reason I was asking is, that I am on vacation and brought the wrong book(Wolfheart instead of twilight of the aspects), and was just wondering if it would mess anything up if I read Wolfheart first. I think I got my answer though, thanks!

I just dont get all the hate for Knaak. I mean he would never make my top authors list but Ive never found any of his books to be bad. Ive read far worse authors.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    I just dont get all the hate for Knaak. I mean he would never make my top authors list but Ive never found any of his books to be bad. Ive read far worse authors.
    For one, he's a bad author and a bad writer. Secondly, he has little to no grasp of the Warcraft universe and has issues with writing anything that isn't a bland stereotype (Evil orc, noble human, hot damsels in distress etc), and spends a lot of time creating his own little characters who are all super powerful (Rhonin, Krasus, Brox) or twist already existing characters into useless, whiny buggers who are capable of doing fuck-all (Tyrande, Malfurion).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    For one, he's a bad author and a bad writer. Secondly, he has little to no grasp of the Warcraft universe and has issues with writing anything that isn't a bland stereotype (Evil orc, noble human, hot damsels in distress etc), and spends a lot of time creating his own little characters who are all super powerful (Rhonin, Krasus, Brox) or twist already existing characters into useless, whiny buggers who are capable of doing fuck-all (Tyrande, Malfurion).
    Hmm, I thought Knaak wrote Malfurion as some sort of god who unleashed a powerful storm all across Azeroth. Not exactly a whiny bugger capable of doing fuck-all if you ask me.

And it was weird for Rhonin to be so strong suddenly, but it was because of his proximity to the Well of Eternity apparently. And what's so wrong with Broxigar? That he actually hurt Sargeras? Okay, maybe that was a bit much. But his fight with Varo'then was awesome.

Varo'then: "The first rule of war is to never be distracted..."
    Brox: (After nearly beheading Varo'then) "Second rule! Only fools talk so much on the battlefield!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Long story short, OP, Twilight of the Aspects and Wolfheart don't really spoil one another; other than appearances by some of Knaak's OCs in Golden's books, and Rhonin's screentime in Wrath (and Vereesa's in Cata/MoP) by and large it tends to feel like Knaak's books are typically self-contained; few other writers or ingame events reference what happened in his novels outside a throwaway line or two from a POV character who was present for them.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Hmm, I thought Knaak wrote Malfurion as some sort of god who unleashed a powerful storm all across Azeroth. Not exactly a whiny bugger capable of doing fuck-all if you ask me.

And it was weird for Rhonin to be so strong suddenly, but it was because of his proximity to the Well of Eternity apparently. And what's so wrong with Broxigar? That he actually hurt Sargeras? Okay, maybe that was a bit much. But his fight with Varo'then was awesome.

Varo'then: "The first rule of war is to never be distracted..."
    Brox: (After nearly beheading Varo'then) "Second rule! Only fools talk so much on the battlefield!"
    Yes, he did give Malfurion god-like powers, but they were only unleashed when he was whining about something, like say the supposed death of Tyrande. And Broxigar was a terrible character in every possible way, he had what 4-5 lines in the entire trilogy, his sole purpose was to kill stuff and act confused - oh and yes, he wounded Sargeras with a magic axe made by a deer. Horrible character.