10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad someone here notices what's going on in Spain. That league used to be the best in the world back in the day you had 6 teams that were chasing the title (R. Madrid, Barca, Valencia, Deportivo, At. Madrid and At. Bilbao) and a couple of other solid squads. I don't know what happened in the next few years but somehow they managed to turn a competitive league into a 2 horse race. No matter what Real Madrid or Barca and their players (Messi and Ronaldo mainly) do i just can't see it as a serious accomplishment cause it comes in a joke league.

I hope that this is some sort of a thing that leagues go through, like the Bundesliga dropping in quality for a few season and now being back as one of the best. The Italian Seria A hasn't recovered from all the scandals, and they need to find a way to bring people to the stadiums.

I wish i can go 15 years back and watch football again when it was less about the money and more about the game.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    I'm glad someone here notices what's going on in Spain. That league used to be the best in the world back in the day you had 6 teams that were chasing the title (R. Madrid, Barca, Valencia, Deportivo, At. Madrid and At. Bilbao) and a couple of other solid squads. I don't know what happened in the next few years but somehow they managed to turn a competitive league into a 2 horse race. No matter what Real Madrid or Barca and their players (Messi and Ronaldo mainly) do i just can't see it as a serious accomplishment cause it comes in a joke league.

I hope that this is some sort of a thing that leagues go through, like the Bundesliga dropping in quality for a few season and now being back as one of the best. The Italian Seria A hasn't recovered from all the scandals, and they need to find a way to bring people to the stadiums.

I wish i can go 15 years back and watch football again when it was less about the money and more about the game.
    don't forget villareal!

also fengore, how many times have you gone through the league unbeaten!? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

west ham is such an ugly team to watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not a joke league really. Just because the first 2 spots are always taken doesn't make the rest of the league more exciting. Besides, look at the EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and (probably) Serie A. Those are already decided.
    Anyway, Barcelona isn't actually is financially healthy as you'd think, they have a pretty insane debt (€400 million) compared to Real's debt (€125 million). But what most people don't realize is that most companies all have incredible debts and as long as you pay them off each year there is nothing wrong. Now, Manchester City on the other hand who have no income at all are pretty much done for when FFP gets here.

Tottenham Lose

Chelsea winning. Let's keep it going lads!

Frank Lampard with his 200th Chelsea Goal. Truly is a legend for Chelsea and the premier league

Spurs inability to be threatening with the ball again. Totally dominate the game but only really created one clear chance, so frustrating.

Eden Hazard.

What a fucking player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Well it's not a joke league really. Just because the first 2 spots are always taken doesn't make the rest of the league more exciting. Besides, look at the EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and (probably) Serie A. Those are already decided.
    Anyway, Barcelona isn't actually is financially healthy as you'd think, they have a pretty insane debt (€400 million) compared to Real's debt (€125 million). But what most people don't realize is that most companies all have incredible debts and as long as you pay them off each year there is nothing wrong. Now, Manchester City on the other hand who have no income at all are pretty much done for when FFP gets here.
    While the situations in all the other leagues is clear by now in terms of winners, at the beginning of the season it's not so crystal. in the EPL you have 4-5 teams that have the finances to compete for the title. The Bundesliga is something different, even though none of the other teams can compare with Bayern financially, its completely different on the pitch the past 4 seasons have seen 3 different winners (Dortmund x2 Bayern and Wolfsburg). The French league is all over the place after Lyons domination ended and every year there is a new champion. Italian league still has a 4 teams that can challenge for the title every season.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Eden Hazard.

What a fucking player.
    Hazard and Mata are the best combination players in the BPL

15+ Year Old Account
    Surprised Tottenham lost, but Fulham is one of those teams that can surprisingly take the lead and then beat you... and tottenham have of course been playing in europe while Fulham have not. Not that I'm taking away any credit to Fulham, job well done I suppose, but I can understand Spurs fans being frustrated, these are the games they need to be winning if they want to end in the top 4.

On a side note: so not sure if others have seen already but apparently the man united season 13/14 home and away kit have been leaked, not sure if I'm allowed to link "leaks", if not my apologies Northern Goblin and I'll remove the images:

If they turn out to be real, I actually like the home kit more than the current one, they seem to have taken the away kit design a bit, it looks pretty smart ^^ The away kit then taking the design of the current home kit a bit but in blue... I have a feeling it could be the keepers kit, as last year a "blue away kit" was leaked and it turned out to be a keepers kit, but yeah, we'll see. I'm sure many will be glad the home kit no longer looks like a "dish cloth" ^^
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-03-17 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Hazard kid is gonna make me watch the EPL, seriously, what a goal and what a player.
    Ohio State Buckeye

15+ Year Old Account
    This Hazard kid is gonna make me watch the EPL, seriously, what a goal and what a player.
    He's a brilliant footballer, and if I'm honest ever since he joined Chelsea his ego and general attitude has matured, he used to be a right pain in the arse... (he once told the Belgian team coach to "fuck off" when he got substituted during a international game and got a 3 game ban because of it, he used to act like a real kid). You should look him up on youtube when he used to play for Lille, he used to weave some magic like no one could, and he still does.

I had a bit of a go about him when he kicked the ball from under the Swansea ball boy, but looking back at it I may have gone overboard and thought he was being his 'old self'. Other than that incident he's been pretty decent this season.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-03-17 at 05:34 PM.

Hazard reminds me of Robben

Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    He's a brilliant footballer, and if I'm honest ever since he joined Chelsea his ego and general attitude has matured, he used to be a right pain in the arse... (he once told the Belgian team coach to "fuck off" when he got substituted during a international game and got a 3 game ban because of it, he used to act like a real kid). You should look him up on youtube when he used to play for Lille, he used to weave some magic like no one could, and he still does.
    The Belgian coach is funny, they play so terrible considering the amount of talent they have. It's sad to see really. Anyway, can Hazard play on the right?
    Ohio State Buckeye

The Belgian coach is funny, they play so terrible considering the amount of talent they have. It's sad to see really. Anyway, can Hazard play on the right?
    He plays better on the left as he likes to come inside on his right foot, but yeah the guy can play anywhere in the top half of the pitch.

He ain't going anywhere for less then £60 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    He plays better on the left as he likes to come inside on his right foot, but yeah the guy can play anywhere in the top half of the pitch.

He ain't going anywhere for less then £60 million.
    Prize is no problem for a club is Madrid, but I was just informing. You reckon that Chelsea is still going for Falcao?
    Ohio State Buckeye

15+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't to the current Belgian coach he told to fuck off but the one before that, the current one is actually doing a pretty decent job considering Belgian's previous results with other coaches... But I agree, with the amount of talent in the Belgian team they should be doing a lot better than they have been, here's me hoping they make it to Brazil 2014.

I think the main problem is is that the players don't play enough together, much like is the problem with other countries. If you look and Spain or Germany, half the national team consists of players from the same league team (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc). I think it does make quite a difference if you're used to playing together.

Madrid don't need Hazard, they have too many players like him. He would rot on the bench and get little spots of playing time like Modric does.

Prize is no problem for a club is Madrid, but I was just informing. You reckon that Chelsea is still going for Falcao?
    Hope not.

Would prefer Cavani.