Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    And Ultimecia didn't. Right..... The group had to go in a time when she had already won. Which means she actually enjoyed her time there as opposed to Kefka who died after he became "God".
    Ultimecia's time compression dream was never fully realised, it was suppose to be a universe only she existed in.

Your presence there signifies otherwise.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Ultimecia's time compression dream was never fully realised, it was suppose to be a universe only she existed in.

Your presence there signifies otherwise.
    Yeah, I'm not talking about the time compression universe. I'm talking about the future. Her time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not talking about the time compression universe. I'm talking about the future. Her time.
    You never go there, you go into the time compression universe, because Ellone takes Rinoa back in time after she inherits Adel's powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because it's the only Final Fantasy game that most people outside of the series can identify off the top of their head.

Hell, the only reason I know about Final Fantasy is playing Kingdom Hearts years ago.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-03-17 at 08:43 PM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because many people who first played FFVII in the 90's were young and generally not exposed to literary & cinematic classics and folklore.

Now it's approching 20 years since it's release, the rose-tinted specs are selling out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he has the best music theme :3

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Sephiroth was an amazing villain. FFVII was an amazing game, absolutely immersive, and when i played it at the time, really impressed me a lot, and is to this day, one of my favorite games of all time.

Of course that now, 15 years later, with the outdated graphics, people just look at the pictures and go "meh, is this it?". But at the time, and the memory i have of him, is that Sephiroth was one scary villain. One of the best, in my mind, no doubt. Best Villain of all time has to be Darth Vader though < 3
    Even at the time it wasn't immersive for me. The story even then was mediocrity at its finest. Has nothing to do with graphics at all (even though materia was actually a well thought out and enjoyable system). The reason they won't ever redo VII in HD is because so many people have this fictitious memory of how good it was really supposed to be. Once that self-delusion is removed by replaying it without the nostalgia, it would flounder. Hard.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Sephiroth, to me, is a great villain because he is a massively complex character, he's brought up believing himself to be a great hero and he's arrogant, sure, but he is the greatest hero in the FF7 world before his fall, before discovering his true heritage. The amount of religious symbolism used in his character, his name, his fall from grace, Jenova being referred to as the Crisis from the Heavens/Sky by the Cetra, sure, on the surface Sephiroth's just the super powerful big bad, but looking deeper into his character, with info just from FF7 ingame itself (nothing from the expanded universe of FF7) it's hard to argue that he shouldn't be praised as one of the greatest villains of all time. A lot of people will claim Kefka is better because potato, it's the hip and happening thing to like effeminately dressed nihilist clowns these days (incidentally, a lot of people judge Kefka on surface value as well, without going further into his background as a soldier, they just list his actions and that's just....well, stupid, really)over the invulnerable bishounen, but yeah, they're both great villains...Sephiroth is a better one I'd argue, but it's really subjective.

And personally speaking, Kuja was my favourite villain in the FF series, he was a better version of Kefka.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

You never go there, you go into the time compression universe, because Ellone takes Rinoa back in time after she inherits Adel's powers.
    Then, what were the White SeeD doing dead on the ground there?

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Sephiroth is from a time when JRPG stories, and especially villains, we're very, very simple thematically. He was the first popular villain to not be that simple, and so, he got that legacy. His design probably was a major part of it too.
    Kefka came before.
    Sephiroth is about as complex as Kefka.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    P-shaaaaaw

Dancing mad was totally better.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocking View Post
    Kefka came before.
    Sephiroth is about as complex as Kefka.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 10:39 PM ----------

P-shaaaaaw

Dancing mad was totally better.
    Both are pretty good....But nothing compares to The Extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocking View Post
    Kefka came before.
    Sephiroth is about as complex as Kefka.[COLOR="red"]
    He really was not. Evil is basically his sole character trait. Sephiroth is simplistic too, but there's at least the hint that he is more than just the antagonist.

Hell, Golbez is more complex than the both of them combined, and if square didn't fuck 4's story in its figurative ass by shoehorning in Zeromus, I'd certainly put it over 6's main plot.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2013-03-18 at 12:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then, what were the White SeeD doing dead on the ground there?
    They failed to survive time compression.

Also the Extreme is pretty damn awesome as far as a boss theme goes (though personally I love Maybe I'm a Lion better, that stage of the fight is amazing)

But I think any boss discussion thread needs to count in the following pair:

And while zeromus is shoehorned in, he does get one awesome theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellas View Post
    and half the gaming population spent the next 3 years playing the game with every conceivable choice factor on the off chance the rumor she could be saved was true.
    this. oh god this.. how many hour have i not spent trying to save her. every time ending in tears.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Sephiroth was just a bad ass.

Kefka is by far the best villian. He was the only one that actually succeeded.
    No true Caius in XIII-2 did too, and he did it in a much grander scale tham Kekfka, wich is why I like him so much, not to mention he has a theme song on par with Sephs "One winged Angel". Imo Caius and Seph are tied as best FF vilains ever. And the dude had a motive you can relate to, he was doing all the crazy crap he was doing for love, there are moments that you almost root for him.

Imo the Seph thing comes from the fact that his super bad ass and is pure evil, not to mention hes the protagonist of one of the most mindblowing moments in video games, going trought Aeriths hearth with his Masamune. Id like to add to the song discussion the final battle theme from XIII-2

O and I almost forgot Caius battle theme

Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-03-18 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to judge Final Fantasy Villains by there battle themes... oh god, I am sure this one would win for me:

And then, even though it's a spinoff, we still have this one:

They failed to survive time compression.
    Umm, sorry but no. After the party defeated Adel, Ultimecia possesed Rinoa. After that, Ellone sent Ultimecia (along with Rinoa) into the past. Now that Ultimecia was in all places at once (Future, present and past) she was able to cast time compression. But as soon as she started doing that Ellone sent her back into her own time (future). The time compression she started was enough in order to send the group in to the future. (That's what all the bubbles are for). They went to the future and not to a time compressed universe, simply because time compression wasn't completed.

They went to Ultimecia's future. A future she ruled and those White SeeD were opposing that rule. That's why Squall said that SeeD's were fighting across generations.
    So basically she had won, although her defeat was inevitable. The actual time compression was continued when the group fought her last form. That's why at the end everyone is lost. (but then they found their way of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Bells, frogs, big cherries, Peter Pan, magic cheese SEPHIROTH

Can't unhear.

I just find Sephiroth to be 'eh.'

Back when FF VII came out, I thought he was awesome. Nowadays, i don't hate the guy or anything, but I just don't find him to be particularly interesting either. He's middle of the road for me. I like Kefka and Kuja more but will admit a large part of that is probably just nostalgia as far as Kefka goes. I don't think Seph is a bad character by any means, he's just not one of my favorites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    "Grow a quad"? What does that even mean? I am not understanding your lingo, dudebro.
    I think it's from mass effect Krogans have 4 testies, so instead of grow a pair it's grow a quad xD