Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I stay on boss the whole time cleave bats and turtles except the first 1 I charge it in range nuke it back on boss

Our GM(ranged dps) hates this fight because she is angry at how little melee had to do, made even worse when the tank(raid leader) decided he would try to kite the bats leaving melee nothing to do but dps boss. Luckily we went back to melee on bats, so we feel more useful and we help on first turtle, even though its pretty sad how little melee up time you can get on it.

We killed it yesterday and our Melees (10m here) are on the boss and the bats. Our comp was 2 Tanks 3 Healers 2 Melee 3 Range and that worked perfectly. Maybe Melee should only go for the first turtle because this one has to go down really fast for the first breath. The other ones are pretty easy and there should always be one left.
    We also kicked one turtle into the bats. This helped a lot to kill the bats. After a few tries with this strategy and some stupid mistakes the boss went down easily It's also very important to slow the turtles constantly. This helped us soooo much.

P.S.: Don't forget to Lust on 20% because he will spawn 6 turtles at once and you should obviously focus the boss down by then

10+ Year Old Account
    All ranged tunnels a single turtle, afterwards multidot and just slowly nuke the rest down. It's the melee's job to spec into some good AE burst for the bats, and otherwise sit on the boss. Those turtles do knock melee up too right? If so, pretty useless to send them after them :')
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    On normal and heroic our melee tunnel the boss and cleave the bats.
    lucky day xeonde, if raxxed says its a good plan I believe it :P

we never actually tried having our ranged do it alone, but several wipes to it this week (due mostly to either tanking fuckups or poor healer reaction time, frankly) got us riled up about everyone's performance.

PS you should share threads like this with us doofus

stack unholy dks, with str procs pop diseases, extend to silly duration so it lasts all fight, and spread em to every wave of turtles, will probably beat a lot of range on turtles, be top on bats and really high on boss. and #1 on dps by miles.

Deleted
    hi social

edit: btw the strength of the diseases on your target that you spread them from doesnt sadly transfer whenever you pestilence it takes your current str (ap)
    Last edited by mmoca70212b9fb; 2013-03-18 at 05:20 PM.

First turtle wave, mark skull, melee & ranged skull

after that, melee's priority is:

Bats when close to boss
    Boss

The casters finish the other 2 turtles. On second wave, your casters should multidot turtles and focus bats when they appear. Bats Dead, finish turtles

Do this until 70% boss health, after that ranged should also focus boss and kill bats when they appear

Your dps on bats will be optimal if there are no bats when earthquake happens

15+ Year Old Account
    We pop Hero when the first set spawns and leave melee on boss. Sure it may not be the best strat, but it works for us.

Allows us to stay ahead of the # of turtles needed to be rdy to be kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    We pop Hero when the first set spawns and leave melee on boss. Sure it may not be the best strat, but it works for us.

Allows us to stay ahead of the # of turtles needed to be rdy to be kicked.
    If your full dps is not enough to kill one turtle in time to kick the boss, then BL is the only option.

I've found that a 70% slow on turtles was a good dps increase due to less melee movement

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    stack unholy dks, with str procs pop diseases, extend to silly duration so it lasts all fight, and spread em to every wave of turtles, will probably beat a lot of range on turtles, be top on bats and really high on boss. and #1 on dps by miles.
    /sadbuttrue!

Results best with feather + VP trinket

We lust on the pull and it's up to help get the first turtle wave down. Melee help kill that first turtle and are on boss+bat duty the rest of the time.

Eh, if you're getting knocked by turtles, you're doing it wrong. The hitbox is fairly large for them, and melee can easily stand outside the knockback zone and DPS them down.

We run two melee and 3 ranged. We have our two melee on the boss full time except when they bats come down the bat tank pulls the bats on top of the boss so the melee can cleave/aoe them on top of the boss. The ranged are on Turtles/boss and never touch the bats.

Our comp wasn't getting the first wave of koopas down each time, so I specced shuriken throw and deadly throw, and did decent dps to the first two turtles. The rest of the fight I stay on the boss and cleave bats.

We are running two mdps, me and either a DK or a warrior. The warrior was in during this strat- if it was the DK, I would just put him on it.

I will admit, a couple of other times I peeled off just to ensure that turtles were snared- but in general, melee help with first wave or at least first turtle, the rest is ranged.