Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    Havoc is off the GCD.
    Uh what? I'm testing in game right now, and Havoc is definitely having a gcd

Cleaving a chaos bolt for soul leech is kind of a moot point. Yes you get a free chaos bolt, but if you were to cleave an immolate and two incinerates you would then generate a soul leech shield for the 2 incinerates plus whatever extra embers you would've generated can then be used on additional chaos bolts on your current target.

tl;dr Cleave a chaos bolt = padding meters. Cleave immolate and incinerates = adding single target dps. Both end up giving roughly the same soul leech shield.

And to clarify the earlier question, havoc is indeed off the GCD. It causes a "fake" .5s GCD swirl on all of your abilities but you can continue casting spells as if it were off the GCD. Go to a test dummy and spam incinerate nonstop, throwing in a havoc when you can. You'll notice there's no delay between the incinerate casts, beyond whatever user delay you may have between hitting your binds.

Deleted
    Meh, that .5 "fake" gcd is still annoying. Simple macros like "/cast [@focus]Havoc /cast Chaos Bolt don't even work (and would have worked if it was really off the gcd).

It is indeed quite annoying. Just means you have to mash your buttons harder

Deleted
    yeah that is annoying as hell. also have any1 noticed a slight delay in shadowburn being highlighted for use when a mobs/boss is under 20% health or maybe its just me.

Deleted
    Yea I also got this problem with shadowburn think its a ping delay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    Cleaving a chaos bolt for soul leech is kind of a moot point. Yes you get a free chaos bolt, but if you were to cleave an immolate and two incinerates you would then generate a soul leech shield for the 2 incinerates plus whatever extra embers you would've generated can then be used on additional chaos bolts on your current target.

tl;dr Cleave a chaos bolt = padding meters. Cleave immolate and incinerates = adding single target dps. Both end up giving roughly the same soul leech shield.

And to clarify the earlier question, havoc is indeed off the GCD. It causes a "fake" .5s GCD swirl on all of your abilities but you can continue casting spells as if it were off the GCD. Go to a test dummy and spam incinerate nonstop, throwing in a havoc when you can. You'll notice there's no delay between the incinerate casts, beyond whatever user delay you may have between hitting your binds.
    this. I use RoF on the beach between the heads and cleave my immolate and incinerates. there is a caveat though: if a mage is close to me on DPS I'm cleaving Chaos Bolts and calling it survivability.

Deleted
    Destro is really good, but Affliction will be better in Tier 15 Heroic bis gear.

Demo is the weakest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Demo is the weakest.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS2Xo3x-vcc

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Destro is really good, but Affliction will be better in Tier 15 Heroic bis gear.

Demo is the weakest.
    Not at all true. ie Durumu.

Destro is downright ridiculous atm. and severely overpowered, compared to anything else in the game, speaking from a ToT HC PoV. Last night on Tortos HC, he ended up on 350k+ dps as the fight ended. Just a joy to play a mage in comparison and get sat on pretty much every boss onwards...

Deleted
    Well if your raid's AoE damage sucks, the few people that can AoE properly will be even higher yeah. If he ended up so high on Tortos he must have been able to AoE during most of the fight.

i usualy press havoc right bevore i have to reset my dot, x2 inci and then redo the whole shit. or in most cases to push dps (thats why it's there .. for fucks sake ..) shadows dots everything, boomlol too, and if im last in dmg meters it's just oh you suck .. not oh you did dmg on the correct target.

atleast most people i know don't realy give a fuck^^

for dps push, havoc on boss and shadowburn on a add x3 .. pushes boss dmg, overall dmg and you get 2 embers back when the sucker dies :P WIN WIN WIN sadly soulburn still has a fucking long time to get ah mob is on 20%

Deleted
    ignore this derp.
    Last edited by mmoc3face9b311; 2013-03-18 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Except there is no data for Heroic ToT on Raidbots.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Well if your raid's AoE damage sucks, the few people that can AoE properly will be even higher yeah. If he ended up so high on Tortos he must have been able to AoE during most of the fight.
    It's not about whether it sucks or not. It's about benefitting from the most broken speccs in the game and prioritize what you can spare to dps boss instead. Ofc. he AoE's as well, but shadowburn comes out as 30-40% of his dmg if not more over the course of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    on heroic progression so far Arcane and Affliction have been drastically ahead of all other specs (feel free to check raidbots) Destruction included. giving an anecdotal example of one fight really isn't helping your argument, sorry
    Are you completely clueless or what? Raidbots dont have a single heroic report to track from at this point, since WoL has some issue with heroics since patch. Furthermore, he netted over 250k on Horridon HC, which is a completely different encounter. He tops single, multi and aoe-encounters with hardly any competition, despite perhaps slightly from spriest.

Then you look further ahead. How many fights in ToT contains adds, meaning you can havoc shadowburns onto boss? Oh really? All of them? Pretty much.

Oh and FYI, Arcane is absolutely horrible to play on HC progression, due to the sheer movement involved in every single encounter, coupled with the biggest mage issue overall at this stage. Please, don't comment on stuff you have no reference for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidara View Post

Are you completely clueless or what?
    haha apparently so. sorry, my bad.

having looked at a couple of heroic kill videos, I can see RoF ember generation taking a nerf at least. I can see Korean Mages at least ranking pretty highly on these fights.
    Last edited by mmoc3face9b311; 2013-03-18 at 02:47 PM.

They have better gear, their bosses have more hp and the comparison is difficult. However with that better gear, they only come out equal as Arcane, which is by far the least mobile of the 3 speccs, even though none of them really favors it. They would most likely do more dmg as Fire, considering their ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidara View Post
    They have better gear, their bosses have more hp and the comparison is difficult. However with that better gear, they only come out equal as Arcane, which is by far the least mobile of the 3 speccs, even though none of them really favors it. They would most likely do more dmg as Fire, considering their ilvl.
    fair point. sorry for being shitty, I hope they address the balance.

Deleted
    I haven't seen any Destro in the top guilds' kill videos, apart from one from Blood Legion on Primordius.
    Sparkuggz seemed to be interested in Destro for Horridon but looks like he stayed Aff, don't know why.