Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    News Flash: SimCity sells 1.1 million in two weeks

Seriously? That was it? Diablo III sold over five million in its first week, like four plus million in a day, most of the game actually was "on the server," and their network still handled it better. I was figuring SimCity must be in the millions to choke EA's joke. Nope, two weeks just to break a million. Wow...

"Biggest SimCity launch of all time?" Wasn't the last one ten years ago?
    Well tbh i didnt hear about a new simcity till end of feb. As for diablo had metric shit ton of hype

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Just out of curiosity does this mean anybody that purchased a copy of SimCity and has it registered to Origin will get a free game to download no matter how we purchased the game?

I bought a CD key from greenmangaming for my copy but I ordered a disc copy for my girlfriend from the same site.

well, it just says you have to register it on Origin, so i think you will be fine. i got mine from greenmangaming aswell, but you still have to register it on origin to activate it.

Well i bought my copy from a store so i wont be getting a free game, its fine though, none of them really interest me anyway, except for the ones i already have and have got bored of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Well i bought my copy from a store so i wont be getting a free game, its fine though, none of them really interest me anyway, except for the ones i already have and have got bored of.

still though, even with a disc dont you need to register the game on origin?

good point, however im still not interested in anything from that, unless they want to upgrade my standard edition of SimCity up to the deluxe edition, thats about all i want from it, lol

On a sidenote, im really tempted to start ANOTHER new region, rather than demolishing everything and rebuilding again.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did need to enter the CD Key into Origin to be able to download it. So hopefully that means it's registered!

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    On a sidenote, im really tempted to start ANOTHER new region, rather than demolishing everything and rebuilding again.
    There really needs to be a restart button on a plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    Well tbh i didnt hear about a new simcity till end of feb. As for diablo had metric shit ton of hype
    Odd, in comparison, I believe I recall hearing about SimCity 5 before I had heard about Diablo 3. Then again I actually liked the previous SimCity games and was never a Diablo fan. So a new SimCity which also happens to be in the "Sims" orbit, that sold almost a million and a half in its first week almost four years ago, taking two weeks just to break a million?

Not to mention that number probably doesn't include the number of folks who want refunds. Hell, Spore broke a million in a couple of weeks in the midst of a community mutiny, over four years ago.

So Maxis not being able to beat those figures four years later? Hardly impressive.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Odd, in comparison, I believe I recall hearing about SimCity 5 before I had heard about Diablo 3. Then again I actually liked the previous SimCity games and was never a Diablo fan. So a new SimCity which also happens to be in the "Sims" orbit, that sold almost a million and a half in its first week almost four years ago, taking two weeks just to break a million?

Not to mention that number probably doesn't include the number of folks who want refunds. Hell, Spore broke a million in a couple of weeks in the midst of a community mutiny, over four years ago.

So Maxis not being able to beat those figures four years later? Hardly impressive.
    in that case, surely nothing for them to be bragging about. But nevertheless im enjoying the game

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so what do people think is better, deadspace 3 or mass effect 3?

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 06:30 PM ----------

and, has anyone got their email yet?
    Mass Effect 3. Though I recommend getting the other ones first if you haven't played them.

And no email yet.

I got the email, which is how I found out about the free game offer, but I bought Sim City through Origin in the first place so it's already registered. You won't be able to redeem one of those EA games until Wed March 20th 5pm PDT[sic] for NA.

Source

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post

There really needs to be a restart button on a plot.

Yeah, but then, im thinking a new plot too.. lol

Seriously? That was it? Diablo III sold over five million in its first week, like four plus million in a day, most of the game actually was "on the server," and their network still handled it better. I was figuring SimCity must be in the millions to choke EA's joke. Nope, two weeks just to break a million. Wow...

"Biggest SimCity launch of all time?" Wasn't the last one ten years ago?
    City management games are super niche, there's a reason there are so few. Plus, D3 sales included annual passes from WoW, which they said numbered over 1m.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    I got the email, which is how I found out about the free game offer, but I bought Sim City through Origin in the first place so it's already registered. You won't be able to redeem one of those EA games until Wed March 20th 5pm PDT[sic] for NA.

Source

lol, people who are underage dont even get to chose their game, they just get simcity 4 and bewjelwed :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 07:50 PM ----------

anyway, looks like i will be waiting until thursday then D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magally View Post
    City management games are super niche, there's a reason there are so few. Plus, D3 sales included annual passes from WoW, which they said numbered over 1m.
    From what I recall, wasn't that part of what this reboot was supposed to change? Take SimCity mainstream, so to speak? Tap into the Sims crowd.

SimCity = EA, and you know the frothing hate people have of EA. So honestly, I am actually surprised and impressed that they broke over 1 million copies sold. And Blizzard seems to have a lot more love from players than EA does.

Its because Blizzard doesnt drastically change some genres of games like EA does... take C&C for example.

They took that off Westwood, and basically ran it into the ground. C&C before EA got hold of it, was one of my favourite games, but the ideas they putinto the franchise itself kinda ruined it in my opinion

From what I recall, wasn't that part of what this reboot was supposed to change? Take SimCity mainstream, so to speak? Tap into the Sims crowd.
    Well, it sorta succeeded considering they've sold more than ever before. Besides, this is only the first two weeks. No matter what people yell about on forums, some people will continue to buy it over time. Plus it'll go down in price some day, bringing in even more doubters who wants to try it out for cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Well, it sorta succeeded considering they've sold more than ever before. Besides, this is only the first two weeks. No matter what people yell about on forums, some people will continue to buy it over time. Plus it'll go down in price some day, bringing in even more doubters who wants to try it out for cheap.
    True, and now with Johnny leaving? I wouldn't be too surprised if Maxis's "vision" for SimCity does some changing too.

I honestly don't think we're gonna see any drastic changes in EA's policies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so what do people think is better, deadspace 3 or mass effect 3?

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 06:30 PM ----------

and, has anyone got their email yet?
    If you've played ME 1 or 2 it should be a nobrainer. If you haven't, time to get those.

I've got my Dutch e-mail 2 hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    I honestly don't think we're gonna see any drastic changes in EA's policies.
    Exactly, their board composition remains roughly the same. We won't see any significant changes in EA's strategy or objectives.