Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Best expansion, since "original vanilla".

Ya know, I've seen a lot of people make negative comments regarding CRZ's, but I've never noticed a difference other than running around and randomly seeing someone from another server pass by or turn-in a quest at the same time.

I think the expansion is a blast. There's great ease of access to see content which is important to me as someone that doesn't have the time to spend chewing glass on raids and such. Then there's a few fun things to do in the world that can chew up lots of time if you get into it. I also really enjoy the monk class. I wouldn't say it's quite as groundbreaking as the Death Knight originally was when WotLK dropped, but it's something new and exciting that I've had a lot of fun playing. So much fun to me actually, that I've even leveled it to almost max. I've played every class a couple times throughout WoW's life and most have never made it past 20-40. I've only ever gotten my main and the DK to max level (and the DL doesn't really count since it starts at 55). So I'd say that's pretty evident of how much I actually enjoy the class as a whole.

It's too early for a verdict.

MOP sure sucks pretty bad with the Pandacrap, Pokemon and of course the great focus on LFR. It's full of gimmicks and not much content, especially 5-man dungeons are terrible both in quantity and quality. However, patch 5.2 was a step in the right direction as it shifted the focus from pandas to a more classical theme. We will know only at the end of the expansion whether blizzard could salvage the game from the damage inflicted with MOP.

Too early.

That said, it is not as bad as Cataclysm. Cata really, really was just horrible. It had its few bright moments but, well, too few, and too far apart.
    MoP seems pretty ok so far except for the insane amount of dailies. I still don't understand why they didn't just mix it up at the beginning with dailies for some factions, dungeon reps for others, scenarios for thirds, etc.

BC(best) > WOTLK > CATA >> lolmop

mop has some good moments, but overall it lost The Soul and sucks...
    or it is just me getting older, my guild disbanded and my server is dead, but nothing entertains me in current wow anymore ((
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

It annoys me how people keep calling it Panda-land. It has a name and its called Pandaria. Being ironic in this situation is rather disturbing to me.

OT: Yes, it is a very good expansion. I cannot compare it with other expansions because every expac has its own feel.

Vanilla was all about exploring for me. TBC was pretty much "omfg gold and red items and weapons. shiny shiny sunwell stuff" for me. I also loved the 2 races. In wotlk.....my main and favourite class + the only spec I liked - fire - had an awesome knock back ( Blast Wave ). Cata.....was cata. mainly cool mounts and weapons models.

But Pandaria.....The weapon and armor models aren't my favourite but they are definetely unique and exciting to obtain. The mounts are cool. The land......my god. Back during MoP beta a lot of Asian things happened to me.

I watch Japanese animes, I play a game with asian feel to it...and so on. I suddenly found myself feeling at peace when playing in the Wandering Isle as a Pandaren. 'specially a monk. I am also sort of a roleplayer and ye....you can imagine. About raiding...I'd be raiding if I could. But considering my 01 fps during boss fights I have no choice.

One of the best expansions for me, personally, but if you look at it as a whole, it's the most controversial expansion Blizzard has released to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Nothing surprised me in this expansion. I bought it out of WoW player compulsiveness and started it with an open mind, but the first time tarzhu or whatever came up to me to talk me down about killing Horde I hated pandaren for being in Warcraft.

I have nothing against their happy-go-lucky-life-is-good and hypocritical attitude towards what we should kill and not kill, but their entire continent and its story has no effect on me whatsoever to care.

The only parts I enjoyed in this expansion was the Night Elf incursion in Krasarang Wilds where the Night Elf guy gives his life for his daughter, and later on the warfront patch and Jaina going apeshit.

I did all the zones otherwise and the only other parts that held my interest was Dread Wastes cause the insect people's social structure was interesting to learn about with the Paragons and all.

I hope chen stormsnout and his annoying child die. He was useless in Warcraft 3 and useless here. I curse the day Samwise came up with the idea to introduce him in the bonus campaign.

--------------------------

For the people saying too early, you've already paid around 150$ for this game with the game cost itself.

Most games cost 60$ before asking you whether they suck or not. I think it's fair to say it's not too goddamn soon, since you'll be over 250$ when the last patch comes out.

And don't tell me this expansion has enough engaging content to consider it as 4 different games costing 60$, you're insulting me and insulting yourself for forcing yourself to believe such rabble.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Nothing surprised me in this expansion. I bought it out of WoW player compulsiveness and started it with an open mind, but the first time tarzhu or whatever came up to me to talk me down about killing Horde I hated pandaren for being in Warcraft.

I have nothing against their happy-go-lucky-life-is-good and hypocritical attitude towards what we should kill and not kill, but their entire continent and its story has no effect on me whatsoever to care.

The only parts I enjoyed in this expansion was the Night Elf incursion in Krasarang Wilds where the Night Elf guy gives his life for his daughter, and later on the warfront patch and Jaina going apeshit.

I did all the zones otherwise and the only other parts that held my interest was Dread Wastes cause the insect people's social structure was interesting to learn about with the Paragons and all.

I hope chen stormsnout and his annoying child die. He was useless in Warcraft 3 and useless here. I curse the day Samwise came up with the idea to introduce him in the bonus campaign.
    Chen Stormstout is one of the best personified and expressed characters in WoW. He's one of the few I actually care about currently in game because he was fleshed out so well.

I will never understand the hate for Pandaren.

They're just like any other race in the game.

Oh, hey, they look different than other races. What, you're saying they're more ridiculous than Gnomes? Or goofy looking Dwarves? Or even the Cow Pe- I mean Tauren?

The only reasoning I will accept from people because no one's given me concrete, logical reasons for why the Pandaren are such a bad race, is just the fact they don't like them. Because that's fine.

But they're just like any other race in the game, and no different from them either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    The few quality of life changes did not outweigh the terrible dailies, gating system, lack of dungeons, terrible pvp, and boring raids. I would say it's as bad as cata initially. So at least there is room for improvement. If only they didn't attempt to "fix" what wasn't broken. One can dream when Ghostcrawler gets fired

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 04:34 PM ----------

Don't get mad but it sounds like you just took a vacation from your wow job with your wording lol
    Are you crazy? The raids are awesome (other than HoF which I just dislike cuz I don't like the bug people), there are plenty of dungeons and after you gear up from them really..........why bother with them? They fixed the rep gating, pvp is pvp people complain about the balance and blah blah blah but really they can't ever achieve balance without making every class even more homogenized and all I can say is.........get better.

MoP for me has been hit or miss, I like the raids and the art detail put in but I still seriously find LFR and LFD a hindrance to the game because imo it still breeds bad players and bad attitudes.

Pandaria has it's own problems like any expansion, but thankfully the worst of them have been overcome (mostly) by patch 5.2.
    Overall, it's definitely a very strong expansion. I'm probably enjoying it more than any of the previous ones so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Pros:

1) Immerse, exploreable new world with tons of hidden quests, rares and items to find
    2) Great raids and overall PvE, giving both a challange to hardcore players and fun to casuals
    3) Class balance in PvE not seen in WoW until now
    4) Great graphics
    5) Questing made non-linear
    6) Bonus activities, such as scenarios/daily quests/pet battles, making the game fun to play even outside of your typical raiding/arena day
    7) New patches coming very quickly, not leaving players burned out by the same content

Cons:

1) PvP does not seem as balanced as PvE
    2) Cross-Realm Zones, which have lots of pros, but their drawbacks usually hides them
    3) Low quality of Heroic Dungeons in terms of challange and overall fun
    4) World exploration showed into the players, with such changes as putting PvP vendors miles away from any point on the map or the removal of HGWT
    5) Lore feeling too cheesy and childish sometimes

Overall, I guess it's one of the best expansions. Like it definitely more than Cata, but not sure if more then WotLK.
    on the pro's side i would like to add

8) Raids are mechanics based and not a dps check so if you can do the mechanics properly you will win, if you can't get out of fire you will burn....badly. So i find them more challenging than DS or FL even (especially 5.2 and killing Horridon on 10man before nerfs was brutal)
    9) Slow revamp to professions are awesome
    10) D3 style talents for utility vs click here for % buff is awesome IMO

on the con's I want to address few things

bout #3....they are not meant to be a challenge. that is what Challenge modes are for. As for fun it is a matter of personal taste
    bout #5....personal opinion. I loved the Klaxxi lore and Shado-Pan are cool imo. This is to each his own type thing

My cons are

6) Not very alt friendly. Blizz has taken few steps to address this issue but if you are new 90 and want everything it will take a lot of time before you can be "up to date" and move on your alts
    7) Raids don't earn you as much VP as I would have liked thus if you want cap you need to do either dailies or LFR. It's fine by my but it is a common complaint.

Dwarves mine and kill shit. Their prerogative is fighting and drinking.

Gnomes build robots and explosives and kill shit. Their prerogative is blowing up half the world in the name of science.

Tauren worship the Sun god, hunt Moa birds and kill shit. They're prerogative is standing around grazing until you piss them off.

Pandaren are happy and peaceful and they don't want to fight but actually they do and see if you could go kill 20 of every species of animal on this land because they're eating my crops/killing my people I'd greatly appreciate it. Oh but don't fight Horde, that'll anger the shaaaa. Yeah. It has nothing to do with their animal nature, stop insulting my intelligence by alluding I made allusions to their appearance as reason for disliking them. Blood Evles and Goblin males, now there's races to dislike for their silly appearance compared to what they were represented as in Warcraft 3 and previous games, even older versions of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldoran View Post
    BC(best) > WOTLK > CATA >> lolmop

mop has some good moments, but overall it lost The Soul and sucks...
    or it is just me getting older, my guild disbanded and my server is dead, but nothing entertains me in current wow anymore ((
    That's the problem not the expansion. If you claim BC was the "best" expansion i know you are lying because you are not looking @ facts you are only looking @ the fact that your guild/friends/server were alive and well at the time and you were having fun. If you say the FEATURES and STATE of the game was better back then you are only lying to yourself. and Cata > MoP? that is just trolling at this point

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Dwarves mine and kill shit. Their prerogative is fighting and drinking.

Gnomes build robots and explosives and kill shit. Their prerogative is blowing up half the world in the name of science.

Tauren worship the Sun god, hunt Moa birds and kill shit.

Pandaren are happy and peaceful and they don't want to fight but actually they do and see if you could go kill 20 of every species of animal on this land because they're eating my crops/killing my people I'd greatly appreciate it. Oh but don't fight Horde, that'll anger the shaaaa. Yeah. It has nothing to do with their animal nature, stop insulting my intelligence by alluding I made allusions to their appearance as reason for disliking them. Blood Evles and Goblin males, now there's races to dislike for their silly appearance compared to what they were represented as in Warcraft 3 and previous games, even older versions of WoW.

Tauren
    walk goofy, look goofy, and act goofy. They act peaceful, yes, but they also act odd and out of place.

Dwarves can't get through a serious conversation without making an immature joke about beer or alcohol, while everyone also groups with the stereotypical idea "female Dwarves don't exist".

Gnomes are the equivalent of oompa loompas with disproportional heads and googly eyes.

Each race has done their fair share of badass things, which you said.

No what you said about the Pandaren? No.

They're a peace loving people, who overthrew a vicious dictator, who could literally bend the winds and lightning itself to his whim. They rose up, with power and a strong pride for community, and destroyed him along with his armies.

They trained themselves how to fight with any form of weapon, while also adapting to twist the very Mists that surrounded Pandaria into their weapon for health and destructive uses.

They kill when they must. They see a PURPOSE in what's worth fighting, and when it's truly right to take a life.

They were thrown off from the majority of the world for 10,000 years. They had to adapt, and they did. And IN those 10,000 years, they became a close people, without warfare nor violence.

I allude nothing. I analyzed your post and found no logical representation in it, so I argued against it.

Unfortunately, I'm also an English Major and Writer at heart, so it's easier for me to analyze something than most other people.

This is what I see. It is entirely subjective, just like what anyone else sees for any race.

But there is one cold hard fact: Pandaren are no different than any other race. They are as goofy yet serious by nature as any other.

That is a fact.

The verdict? We're only months in, I'm not sure how you can have a decision made when the expansion is still being updated.

Some nice content, but overall design is very very horrible because of grind and gating.

Heck even ToT trashes are super grindy...

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Some nice content, but overall design is very very horrible because of grind and gating.

Heck even ToT trashes are super grindy...
    Gotta love that Bridge Boss :P Hahahahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terribly balanced PvP is the worst thing atm.

The amount of QQ over "required dailies" is awesome. I have four level 85s which three of them are in 480+ gear, only one of them did I do dailies on more than once a week and I managed to get gear and find things to spend my Valor on just fine.