Deleted
    im getting differnt results for the VP trinket entirely, i have it at a steadily 23-24% uptime on bosses, even occasionally reaching higher, if the fight is shorter, so it procs more than enough. i would say it is a superior trinket to relic, atleast that is whatmy sense of logic is telling me. EoT hc is bis in t14, so if the VP trink has more static int, and a more powerful proc but on an icd that is less than half of that of EoT hc(proc lasting 10 secs with a icd of 45 vs a proc lasting 20 secs with a icd 105) then the VP is a better trinket than EoT hc.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-03-18 at 02:49 AM.

Deleted
    Only problem with the raid rep trinket is the proc chance isn't as high as I'd like - as Ronkeli said, sometimes your opener will be gone before it procs, which sucks for afflic since other procs are falling off. If they cranked it up a bit, it'd be perfect.

As is - I still feel it's a stronger upgrade than the DMF trinket at least, the ilevel upgrade and proc (albeit a bit unreliable) is a huge upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fujiapples View Post
    so,after RPPM proc chance change is Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen worth it? or should we stick to hydra+wushoolays as simcraft suggests.
    This is something I also want to know

Deleted

Affliction Question

At the start of the pull i pop a potion, then precasting haunt and popping my ds,berserking and engineering gloves. And when the gloves is about to run out i am refreshing with sbss again so i get extra time to my dots even tho gloves and berserking has ran out. But here comes the question..
    When i refreshed my dots just before my gloves is about to run out so i got berserking,tinker gloves and ds fully dotted for longer time my DS has secs left.. Its a dps loss right to reapply them once again like 1 secs until DS runs out?
    I hope people understand how i mean..

You want to SB:SS as soon as Dark Soul is about to fall off, if that's what you're asking?

Deleted
    Yea since i know its a dps gain overall to do that only when i have ds but since i am a troll with enginering and thoose timers is up shorter than DS and since ds has like some secs left on it when i do refresh my dots just before my gloves and berserking runs out..
    Since Berserking and tinker gloves has 10 secs duration times and ds has 20..DS has 10 secs left when i refreshes them..So is it a dps gain to refresh the dots just before DS runs out again or shall i just leave it?
    Since its like this

0:00 Pot,Haunt,DS,Berserking,Gloves
    0:09 Refresh of dots for full duration on dots again bc 10 secs duration time on berserking and gloves and ds
    0:19 Is this worth to refresh DS for since here i only got DS left
    Last edited by mmoce652a21f10; 2013-03-18 at 05:52 PM.

I don't know if we will really be able to answer that question unless someone either sits down and rewrites the APL for simcraft specifically to abuse unerring vision + Wushoolay's trinket or just wait until enough skill affi locks have them both and we get real world evidence. My personal guess (since I dont have them yet to test this) is those 2 trinkets will be best. One piece of evidence I can point to and how I have partially come to this suggestion is if you look at the DPS interval of simcraft and see that when everything procs at the beginning (legendary + trinkets) that affi spikes to something stupid like 640k dps (200K+ more than destro and demo spike to). My assumption is once you get legendary + Wushoolay + Unerring Vision that with proper abuse of pandemic + SB:SS you should be able to pull off some pretty good dps (barring fight mechanics messing with you here).

I would pop DS, wait 10 secs, then hit Gloves and Berserking, at this point all your trinkets should have proc'd as well so I would probably update my DoTs with a Fel Flame. (I don't know if this was determined to be a DPS gain or not but it's what I do) Your final SB:SS would then have those DoTs affected by DS, Berserking, Gloves, and trinket Procs for a full duration.

I don't have Engineering or a DPS boosting Racial so I haven't actually tried that, but it sounds about right.

Deleted
    haunt is still doing 25% dmg on the front page guide > 30%

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    haunt is still doing 25% dmg on the front page guide > 30%
    That's because he never actually updated anything other than a link to the first post where we started talking about 5.2 - realistically the guide is very out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    That's because he never actually updated anything other than a link to the first post where we started talking about 5.2 - realistically the guide is very out of date.
    Please get your information correct before talking about things you clearly have no idea about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that link wasn't added by Evrelia, but by me, cause the thread is getting kind of long and it's not useful to read the 5.0/1 parts now that we are in 5.2.

I've read over the guide, and while you can niggle on details, like the Haunt dmg, the basic information in it has been kept up to date. Otherwise the guide would still very much be talking about using GoSac, and not a pet, like it is doing.

Helping Evrelia with details, or starting discussion about ideas he has in the guide is fine, but I prefer you not say it's out of date if you've not thoroughly checked that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well that link wasn't added by Evrelia, but by me, cause the thread is getting kind of long and it's not useful to read the 5.0/1 parts now that we are in 5.2.

I've read over the guide, and while you can niggle on details, like the Haunt dmg, the basic information in it has been kept up to date. Otherwise the guide would still very much be talking about using GoSac, and not a pet, like it is doing.

Helping Evrelia with details, or starting discussion about ideas he has in the guide is fine, but I prefer you not say it's out of date if you've not thoroughly checked that it is.
    Last I had checked (and to admit it wasn't very recently, probably around the same time I was making my own posts for Aff which got moved) it wasn't updated. Hadn't bothered looking since.

evralia are u getting started on the Affliction encounter specific tips?

Quote Originally Posted by miasmah View Post
    evralia are u getting started on the Affliction encounter specific tips?
    That's not going to happen until progression is done.

Deleted
    hey guys,

do u have an agreement on which trinkets are going to be bis in 5.2?
    my affliction-intuition would of course prefer whushoolay's and breath of hydra because they procc int, which is to be preferred. but when i sim all the trinkets with my current gear it's cha yhes (normal & heroic) and the shado pan trinket (normal) which are really pulling ahead. dunno why they do this. i assume its the higher rppm.
    so what i am asking myself is: are whushoolays and hydra better just because they procc int and i can sb:ss + haunt them so my dmg gets boosted into oblivion - BUT that will occur unpredictably - or - are cha yhes and shado pan trinkets better although the procc stats or the static stats are not as good but will create a higher dps increase just because they proc more reliable and i get to sb:ss/haunt more often and prlly more in combination with dark soul ?
    im kinda lost and since we are forced to do a bis-list in our guild i need to know this before i can rlly test it out ;/
    pls help

It is very likely going to end up being Wushoolay's and Breath of Hydra. Making "BiS" lists is a very obsolete way to gauge what gear to use or have at any given period. That being said; from every sim I have ever run (and remember about) with the rep trinket it has always been worse (for me) - than any other trinket (including T14 trinkets).

It is very likely going to end up being Wushoolay's and Breath of Hydra. Making "BiS" lists is a very obsolete way to gauge what gear to use or have at any given period. That being said; from every sim I have ever run (and remember about) with the rep trinket it has always been worse (for me) - than any other trinket (including T14 trinkets).
    It pretty underwhelming in practice, too. I bought the rep trinket, ran one heroic with it, and returned it. Poor uptime, 10 sec proc window, just very "eh."

Deleted
    so here is what i did after ur post to be sure i didnt do anything wrong the first time and still the same results:

simcraft 520-2, default patchwork settings, 10000 iterations each, info: (interval/trigger/uptime), just one trinket equipped eac sim, put in order: lowest dps first
    No trinkets equipped: 102222 DPS
    WfC (522ilvl): 109341 DPS (79,0s/79,0s/21,03%)
    WfC (535ilvl): 110275 DPS (79,1/79,1/21.44%)
    RoY (upgrade 2): 112036 DPS (51,0s/51,0s/30,42%)
    BotH (522ilvl): 112420 DPS (91,6s/70,0s/20,12%)
    CYEoB (522ilvl): 113128 DPS (76,9s/54,3s/26,36%)
    BotH (535ilvl): 113700 DPS (91,5s/69,9s/20,18%)
    LotC HC: 113916 DPS (46,2s/46,2s/44,22%)
    CYEoB (535ilvl): 114610 DPS (77,0s/54,5s/26,42%)
    VTotSP: 115059 DPS (46,1s/46,1s/22,46%)

that's why i am so confused, cuz obviously i would have made the same choice and would have picked WfC and BBotH.

Possible explanations:
    1. I didnt go for the 9k hastecap but for the 6k cuz i think ill loose too much mastery with my current gear yet, although simcraft´s reforgeplot tells me consistently every time i should go for more haste - maybe the shadopan trinket gets taken into the Haste-is-a-major-dps-increase-for-me-issue in my sim in particular.
    2. the shado pan trinket obvsly proccs on icd in the sim - maybe simcraft or wowhead thinks the trinkets procs on dmg ond not on hit?
    3. im too dumb to do a proper sim - in that case feel free to make ur own with my char (Grantig, EU-Dun Morogh)
    4. my simcraft is superbroken
    5. simcraft cannot give a proper trinket-ranking - especially for affliction warlocks, because it doesnt sb:ss/haunt on trinket-proccs?
    6. trolls hacked my brain/simcraft/the world?

Deleted
    edit: doubleposted -.-
    Last edited by mmoc1443799776; 2013-03-19 at 09:27 PM.