10+ Year Old Account

Dragon Ball Online?

Hello,

Today I was reminiscing and watching some dragonball videos and fights and also reading some dragonball wiki. It came to my attention there's a Dragon Ball Online game currently present in Taiwan, Korea, Hong Kong and Japan TBA.

Now, my question to you is: What do you think of this?

Personally, the reason why I started playing WoW was due to the lore behind it and the stories I fell in love with during WC3 and imho the peak of WoW's lore was with Arthas' demise and WotLK as a whole. The book "Rise of the Lick King" by Christie Golden widened my knowledge about Arthas a little bit.

Now, I'm talking about this because if it came to the point where DBO (Dragon Ball Online) was released in America I would personally diss out WoW for it. Why? I have enjoyed DB's lore and storyline much more and I'd say I'm more knowledgeable about it than the Wacraft Universe. This game, with enough planning and development could become the only WoW killer or major competitor in terms or fanbase and followers.

What do you think?

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 09:34 PM ----------

Please also bear in mind that as far as releasing it in America they have only stated that "They want to make it playable worldwide". Afaik nothing else has been discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by colmadero View Post
    This game, with enough planning and development could become the only WoW killer or major competitor in terms or fanbase and followers.
    Um...

You mean this game?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it take three episodes worth of time to power up before actually fighting when you challenge another player to a duel?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I remember when I was watching this over my uncle and aunties place, my uncle thought I was watching a car show because he thought Goku charging up sounded like revving / gear changing lol.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

10+ Year Old Account
    If it came out in english and was free to play id try this out.
    Id like to try some anime style mmos out, ive seen some stuff about the dragon quest one but as far as i know its only on wii/wii u so fuck that.
    I honestly think a decently made pokemon mmo would be massive too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I remember when I was watching this over my uncle and aunties place, my uncle thought I was watching a car show because he thought Goku charging up sounded like revving / gear changing lol.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
    Hahaha, I was reading this and looking at SourceOfInfection's Avatar.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

15+ Year Old Account
    Official Pokemon MMO first please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't see why not

10+ Year Old Account
    I had followed this for a long time, I even snuck into the Korean Beta a few years ago. It was fun to play and I enjoyed the few days I had. Of course I had no idea what was going on as it was all korean. I did enjoy making my little Piccolo and kicking saibaman ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Does it take three episodes worth of time to power up before actually fighting when you challenge another player to a duel?
    Ahaha good times. Any sort of television show that pulls that these days on me and i'm gone so fast they won't finish. But man back in the day it was the shit. Good times.

So do I need a mic to yell in to in order for my character to reach full power?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Official Pokemon MMO first please.
    THIS, imagine pet battle system on wow but much further improved. Infact I would go as far to say make the pets battle in real time give me some over the top flashy animations and im throwing my money at the screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, this game will be a WoW killer in term of FANBASE and FOLLOWERS!

Imagine if this game ever became as polished and structured as WoW? I mean hell, even a game with such a huge fanbase as a Pokemon MMO would debunk WoW!

Also, about the playing as a kid, I read that you play as a kid during the "tutorial" part of the game, pretty much like that Isle in TERA. When you finish the tutorial, you play as a grown up version of yourself for the rest of the game.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 07:54 PM ----------

A pokemon MMO would also have a lot of expansive and recurring material as it seems that EVERY year another gen is added... A Pokemon ruby version MMORPG would be cool.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 01:07 PM ----------

I find it mind boggling why a game like this isn't getting the hype it should.

Imagine if this game ever became as polished and structured as WoW?
    Sadly, the structure and polish you talk about will only stay as an imagination.

I find it mind boggling why a game like this isn't getting the hype it should.
    Because the game looks like complete shit? And I'm a HUGE Dragonball/Z fan.
    Last edited by Grable; 2013-03-26 at 01:05 PM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Because the game looks flat out horrible.

soooo gonna play this when i get home