Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    That they were tauntable was indeed a pain in the ass, not least due to the countless times I had little twerps from raiding guilds try to reset the mobs my girlfriend and I were soloing, just because they were jealous that we didn't get there first.

CC/Snare immune though? Screw that. One of the things that made it possible for us was me being able to kite as Ret.

Deleted
    Just soloed one as Guardian. A lot more thought needed on Cd's. Using speed boosts for the fears to get away from mob also.

Was fun but massive pita.

So they are impossible to solo as ret atm?

Sucks. Guess only guilds actually hunting shit will get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Well, tanks can still easily solo them. All they did was take away that option from anyone not being a tank, good job Blizzard.
    Eh, sometimes I think you just shouldn't be able to spec tank outside an instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Eh, sometimes I think you just shouldn't be able to spec tank outside an instance.
    Rogues can solo them, too. (after hotfix)

Deleted
    Good luck trying to kill Galleon or Oondasta then.

Deleted
    Not soloable anymore by most classes? Less competition for me as a warlock then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynthia View Post
    Rogues can solo them, too. (after hotfix)
    With shuriken toss? I thought they couldn't be snared.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Good luck trying to kill Galleon or Oondasta then.
    I wasn't really serious. Just kind of sucks how Blizzard deliberately doesn't try to balance soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Making them taunt immune is good thing. Making them CC immune is overkill. It seems you will now need either tank or healer in group since with all that CC immunity dps duo might get into trouble.
    It was always intended that you would need a tank and/or a healer.
    Last edited by HardCoder; 2013-03-19 at 05:12 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can still solo them as a prot pally, it's just now I have to read the debuffs to make sure Tribal Mask is not one of them. And I have soloed the Warbringers without Tribal Mask. They have not hotfixed the Spirits to be CC'd by Repentance, so I can still outmatch that. Lightning, Meteors, Melee and Spirits. Scarabs are non-issue.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

I wasn't really serious. Just kind of sucks how Blizzard deliberately doesn't try to balance soloing.
    Whatever. Monk rares are not that doable for some classes. But why is that a problem? If you want to run around soloing stuff you should be playing hunter, blood DK, maybe lock or prot/retadin. It sort of goes with the territory. Yes, it does annoy me that I can't solo a bunch of stuff on my priest and rogue and druid, but whatever, I have a DK and huntard and lock and pally too, I just don't like them as much.

I can understand they want to stop the griefing, but this is not the way to do it. They should have just made them open tag like the ones on the Isle of Thunder and been done with it. This new shit is worse than it was before imo.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Whatever. Monk rares are not that doable for some classes. But why is that a problem? If you want to run around soloing stuff you should be playing hunter, blood DK, maybe lock or prot/retadin. It sort of goes with the territory. Yes, it does annoy me that I can't solo a bunch of stuff on my priest and rogue and druid, but whatever, I have a DK and huntard and lock and pally too, I just don't like them as much.
    I have one of every class. So if I really want to I can get on one of the classes that is OP at soloing, sure. Doesn't mean it's a good design.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 05:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    I can understand they want to stop the griefing, but this is not the way to do it. They should have just made them open tag like the ones on the Isle of Thunder and been done with it. This new shit is worse than it was before imo.
    Yeah honestly I can't see a reason for them not to be open tag. I know they're up again every hour but there's apparently a lot of people on my server determined to camp every single spawn sigh. Maybe they should lock you out to one kill in each zone per week that yields loot.

Deleted
    They should only be made immune to everything from people that are outside of the group/person that tagged him.

Snare immunity is fine, taunt immunity is fine, cc immunity is fine, interrupt immunity is not fine. The fear's base mechanic was always to interrupt it, not to dispel it. Over all this is an improvement, but should be edited on that one portion.

Thank you Blizzard! Now me - a blood DK - is the ONLY spec that can safely solo these. I don't care about their immunity to interrupts since I just eat the fear with AMS or Consecrated Ground or Lichborne or even my human racial. I don't care about their immunity to CC such as slows - I didn't need to kite them in the first place, I can just take the damage.

Thank you thank you thank you Blizzard! This gave me pretty much monopoly on killing Warbringers! I already got 2 mount colors. Only one left. On our realm, no one is soloing these guys anymore except me and a few other DKs. This is so much easier now.
    Last edited by Commander; 2013-03-19 at 06:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    They should only be made immune to everything from people that are outside of the group/person that tagged him.
    It would probably be the best to just make them a shared tag like (nearly) all the other new rares.

Deleted
    I can still easily solo them as a brewmaster monk. 8), Guard while getting feared and healing myself to top with spheres right after, so much win!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Depends on their level. The one from Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes have a lot more health than the one from Krasarang Wilds and Jade Forest. Either way, at level 90 you should be able to outgear them very quickly given how easy it is to catch up now.

Frost mages soloed the Warbringer rares with 2 fingers in their nose.

I soloed countless of the Warbringers on my priest. Even without root (it lasts for 1-2 sec anyway). The easiest ones were the Dread Wastes ones because of Klaxxi buffs, but all were doable. My biggest problems were terrain reset bugs, world PvP, failbots taunting and kiting it (e.g. into Sha of Anger; all were reported and GM told me their behavior is not acceptable), failing nitro boosts (but I should not rely on them anyway), and the required focus which I rather spend on raiding. After a little bit of practice it was doable, and I succeeded multiple times. If it is still possible I'll have to see. Definitely up for the challenge.

Since I'm an incredibly friendly person I'll give you all a small piece of advice on how to deal with the fear besides your obvious class abilities: http://www.wowhead.com/item=92786 (A) / http://www.wowhead.com/item=92787 (H). Yes, it is a DPS loss, deal with it and use a +1000 stat flask. And as priest perhaps Glyph of Fear Ward. Personally, I use Glyph of Weakened Soul to be able to use B&S earlier on.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 07:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    It would probably be the best to just make them a shared tag like (nearly) all the other new rares.
    Doesn't work with mobs which drop mounts. It'll become zerg. You can already see it on Sha and Galleon. Its not about performance its about tagging the boss before it is dead. Same with new rares. Also, how would you then distribute the bags and rep bonus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    No, because that would mean that their drops would have to be made much rarer.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 07:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Frost mages soloed the Warbringer rares
    Pfft.. good mages use Arcane or Fire for it, requires more skill but gives much higher dps.