Idea for an Enh glyph

So picked up my shaman after a long hiatus and while having a pocket healer in a bg i was useing lightning bolt quite often. After not playing for a long time useing lightning bolt just felt completely awkward. You waste a global cd to do what, 10k damage? And during the time the animation for lightning bolt is going off your auto attacks cease which is a hefty dps loss for just useing lightning bolt compared to other attacks. So i thought about this idea for a glyph;

[insert name of glyph] Causes lightning bolt to be off the global cool down and makes it an instant cast. For each stack of Maelstrom weapon the damage is increased by 20%. But adds a 5 second cool down.

In a pve situation you could probably get 2 full stacks of maelstrom in a 5 second period to offset the glyph to make it more pvp focused.

On a side note make ghost wolf glyph baseline for all specs >.<

auto attacks don't stop if it's instant

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    auto attacks don't stop if it's instant
    I've noticed when using an instant heal or lightning bolt, that auto attacks briefly stop. Possible i'm wrong, even likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    I've noticed when using an instant heal or lightning bolt, that auto attacks briefly stop. Possible i'm wrong, even likely.
    Do not rely on animations to tell you such technical stuff.

If you fire a spell with 5 maelstrom stacks (fully instant) then your attacks will not be stopped - but anything below 5 maelstrom stacks (not instant) will screw up your attack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Do not rely on animations to tell you such technical stuff.

If you fire a spell with 5 maelstrom stacks (fully instant) then your attacks will not be stopped - but anything below 5 maelstrom stacks (not instant) will screw up your attack.
    well not really they aded at some point mechanic that while we cast our autoattacks are only paused so even when you cast with 3-4 stacks its not a big los in this department at all altrought its anointg that we have to stop as mele class to cast spells from time to time

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"