Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

5.3 Greenfire soon?!

Anyone know when 5.3 might be coming out?! I am sick of this horrible drop rate on the greenfire that blizzard decided to implement for no reason at all such idiots. Anyways i am done farming for it and decided to just wait for 5.3 since the drop rate is suppose to increase. So does anyone have an idea of when 5.3 will eb coming out?! Thanks in advance.

in about 6-7 months. see you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    in about 6-7 months. see you then.
    WTF why does blizzard always do this to warlocks?!!? Always its like hey lets give warlocks cool abilities and add new features but make it so they never drop and its a 1% drop chance on any random mob hahahaha stupid warlocks keep wasting time in our new horrible zone!!!

Deleted
    Pretty sure they did it to show the dedicated few for a while, like how certain mounts are difficult to get, it's to make some people feel special for a little while before making it available to everyone

Deleted
    So much anger.
    Few months, probably (nowhere near 7 though, as #2 suggests).
    By the way, I've had 5 drops by now.

maybe just ask them to hand it to you. and while your at it just ask for full h gear, and all possible thunderforges.

or, accept the fate of bad rng. i dont even play a lock and ive seen 2 drop on my main. higher chance on the rares.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    So much anger.
    Few months, probably (nowhere near 7 though, as #2 suggests).
    By the way, I've had 5 drops by now.
    probably 6, like majority of their pvp seasons last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    WTF why does blizzard always do this to warlocks?!!? Always its like hey lets give warlocks cool abilities and add new features but make it so they never drop and its a 1% drop chance on any random mob hahahaha stupid warlocks keep wasting time in our new horrible zone!!!
    Thats 100 kills at most on average people are lazy these days.

it won't be 6-7 months for 5.3, since 5.3 won't be a major patch, I'd assume 3 months or so for it

Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    maybe just ask them to hand it to you. and while your at it just ask for full h gear, and all possible thunderforges.

or, accept the fate of bad rng. i dont even play a lock and ive seen 2 drop on my main. higher chance on the rares.

probably 6, like majority of their pvp seasons last.
    Nope. They said 5.3 will be a non-tier patch just like 5.1 (thus won't end a season nor bring a new raid) and should be out much sooner than we expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do 100 kills on a matter of 2 or 3 days by doing normal dailies.
    You're just lazy or unlucky, but anyway you won't get everything new easily handed to you.
    And don't complain with "WTF why does blizzard always do this to warlocks?!!?" when you have received 3 new revamped specs in the expansion and some cosmetic only warlock feature this patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    i think you need to go and learn how percentages work.

10+ Year Old Account
    i got my tome on 1`st rare i killed....dunno what you are talking about. Having hard time killing the boss tho due to stuid mistakes but i'll get him soon

It's hard to get pretty things dude :P

This is faulty logic on how RNG works and doesn't represent the truth in anyway. With a 1% drop rate, you are not guaranteed to see a drop in 100 kills or even 1000 kills for that matter. You chance at a drop doesn't increases w/ more kills, it remains 1%. Like having a 100 sided dice and rolling it to get the #1, just cause you roll it 100 times doesn't make it anymore likely to roll a 1 than if you roll it 1 time.

31 rare kills, 7 days of dailies (400+ mob kills?).. dropped off mum'ta on my last kill in game on lock.. since then i havent been back in game to try the quest to see if i can beat it at ilvl 475..

Deleted
    Got mine in 35 rares, wasnt fun, having green fire is tho!
    More killing less whining.

Deleted
    Found 8 tomes (by killing ~400 rares) so far - really can't complain about the drop rate. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    This is faulty logic on how RNG works and doesn't represent the truth in anyway. With a 1% drop rate, you are not guaranteed to see a drop in 100 kills or even 1000 kills for that matter. You chance at a drop doesn't increases w/ more kills, it remains 1%. Like having a 100 sided dice and rolling it to get the #1, just cause you roll it 100 times doesn't make it anymore likely to roll a 1 than if you roll it 1 time.
    2nd post is correct that it stays at 100% but based on the bolded portion of the first post I assume he meant that your chance of having gotten the drop on any single one of those 100 attempts at a 1% chance has gone up (although using the 4 words "at most on average" certainly added ambiguity). This is represented by the formula:

(The chance you haven't gotten something) = (The chance of you not getting it)^(The number of times you try)

In this case:

.36 = .99^100

1 - .36 = .64 ----- 64% chance of you having gotten the drop on any single one of the 100 kills with a 1% chance each. Even though each individual (including the one you actually got the drop on) all had a 1% chance.

This is all of course assuming that the tome is indeed a 1% chance, the math is sound for any 1% chance as well, mounts etc. inclusive.
    Last edited by Aethilus; 2013-03-19 at 03:41 PM.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Expect 5.3 in 2-3 months. It's not a major content patch, it's more like 5.1, which came after 2 months.
    Also, for now it's supposed to be a big time sink, otherwise everyone would be running around with green fire, which would completely remove its uniqueness.

It is a really good feeling when you get the tome and finally beat the boss and all of that would be severely devalued if every Tom, Dick, and Hairy were to have green fire also.

Enjoy it when you get it for yourself and be happy for others when they get it. Don't make a good thing bad because of your impatience.