Deleted

Stand-up and sitcom videos should be removed as agressively as memes do

Seriously, if we cant post Le funny meme images people should not be allowed to post stand-up comedies either.

I mean I dont mind whole meme ban, its there for reason.

But this whole "HAHA LOOK WHAT (Dave Chappelle/Louis C.K usually) SAID ABOUT THIS ISSUE" is starting to get as annoying as meme image linking would.

It contributes nothing to issue because its usually "this basically answers the question" and then everyone goes "lol hes so true and funny!". Besides its getting bit derpy when people take their facts from these videos anyway.
    Not to mention images where is quote from some stand-up comedian usually doesnt get deleted either.

I mean yeah, I could report them for pointless posting but I would say it should be as harsh "stand-up/sitcom video -> instant remove on sight" rather than "if reported" route.

dont think this is as widespread of an issue as you make it out to seem O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    dont think this is as widespread of an issue as you make it out to seem O-O
    There is always few on popular subjects (like feminism, dating, politics, guns) and some others. Its not yet "huge everyone does it" thing, but I dont see why it should be treated differently.
    If you cant link image that is "meme" then I dont think 2 minute video of "funny guy talking" or "clip of big bang theory" should be ok either.
    Its almost same thing, just other is video other is image. Contribution level is same and effort to post it too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any unrelated / spammy video should be reported; it doesn't matter if it's a meme or just cute puppies running on a treadmill.

That said, relevant videos or images are still welcome, as long as they contribute to the discussion, not distract from it or derail it.

I can't really make any judgment on the videos you're talking about without a link to specific examples, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Any unrelated / spammy video should be reported; it doesn't matter if it's a meme or just cute puppies running on a treadmill.

That said, relevant videos or images are still welcome, as long as they contribute to the discussion, not distract from it or derail it.
    Well I dont mind images that contribute, ofc. But as I said before the posts are usually just the videos and tend to be oversighted sometimes (not to criticize mods, its still within rules so far)

I can't really make any judgment on the videos you're talking about without a link to specific examples, though.
    Well for example video related to this and this image had been posted few times on the femimisn thread:

Its sort of related - but I mean.. really? Idk is this allowed or should be allowed. I'll report posts with images and few sentences only in future I guess? Just wondering why these tend to get jail-free-card while similar things, memes, dont :P