Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The game was fun the whole time for me, im on NG++ now but sadly I was a little disappointed, concerning the end. Anyone felt the same ? (Without spoilering stuff)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    The game was fun the whole time for me, im on NG++ now but sadly I was a little disappointed, concerning the end. Anyone felt the same ? (Without spoilering stuff)
    The game feels rushed and unfinished in the endgame areas like Lost Izalith and Kiln. I guess they were under pressure by publishers.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Keep going! It's too good of a game to leave unfinished.
    I figured so, indeed ! Thanks for the input guys.

"Pikachu and Snorlax", heh.

Hey, I am thinking about getting Dark Souls - Prepare to Die Edition for the PC. I'm worried because a lot of people have said it's a "crappy pc port" - but if I buy a wireless PC adapter for my X360 controller, would this be as good of an experience as playing it on the console?

edit: I do not care to buy it for the 360. My gf watches TV all the time so I'd rather get it for the PC.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2013-03-20 at 03:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    Hey, I am thinking about getting Dark Souls - Prepare to Die Edition for the PC. I'm worried because a lot of people have said it's a "crappy pc port" - but if I buy a wireless PC adapter for my X360 controller, would this be as good of an experience as playing it on the console?
    Depending on your setup it will be better with the DSFix mod (60 FPS and 1080p are possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Depending on your setup it will be better with the DSFix mod (60 FPS and 1080p are possible).
    I have i7-2600k overclocked and Radeon 7970 so I can't imagine either of those being an issue. So the experience will be as good/better than Xbox?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have i7-2600k overclocked and Radeon 7970 so I can't imagine either of those being an issue. So the experience will be as good/better than Xbox?
    It should be. There are some areas of the game that aren't optimized very well (looking at you Blighttown >_>) but overall your graphical experience should be excellent. I only say should because no one knows what issues your hardware may have with the mod/game. I have a 3570k and the 7970 and it runs very well for me, so I'd imagine your experience would be similar.

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=275 <-- Link to the mod should you get Dark Souls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    It should be. There are some areas of the game that aren't optimized very well (looking at you Blighttown >_>) but overall your graphical experience should be excellent. I only say should because no one knows what issues your hardware may have with the mod/game. I have a 3570k and the 7970 and it runs very well for me, so I'd imagine your experience would be similar.

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=275 <-- Link to the mod should you get Dark Souls.
    To be fair, Blight Town isn't optimized for any system, :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    To be fair, Blight Town isn't optimized for any system, :P
    Oh, I know.

Awesome. Just purchased it and a wired X360 controller so I'll be checking this out tonight Looking forward to a challenging, no-hand-holding game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome. Just purchased it and a wired X360 controller so I'll be checking this out tonight Looking forward to a challenging, no-hand-holding game.
    Good luck, and don't give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only advice.
    Don't put stats into resistance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Only advice.
    Don't put stats into resistance.
    This. Put them into attunement

Don't really do that >_>

Wow, just wow, I've been playing this game for about 5 hours and it is awesome. First single player game I've really enjoyed in years. The title "Prepare to Die" really rings true.. i must have died about 20 times already :/

The first boss fight with Taurus Demon on the bridge was amazing. I got my ass handed to me about 3 times before I successfully beat him without even using a flask ;/ I love the trial-and-error style of the game which makes no apologies for being brutal and forcing you to learn the hard way.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2013-03-20 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Wow, just wow, I've been playing this game for about 5 hours and it is awesome. First single player game I've really enjoyed in years. The title "Prepare to Die" really rings true.. i must have died about 20 times already :/

The first boss fight with Taurus Demon on the bridge was amazing. I got my ass handed to me about 3 times before I successfully beat him without even using a flask ;/ I love the trial-and-error style of the game which makes no apologies for being brutal and forcing you to learn the hard way.
    One shot him as a knight by inadvertently making him fall over the ledge, hated the knight later on and started a fresh warrior only to die to him half a dozen times.
    Brilliant game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes the only boss that can suicide. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Blighttown, seriously. Whoever designed it should die painfully. The gazillion ladders makes it a slow and painful process of waiting for the mole men fuckers to get their asses over to you since they can aggro like 100000000000 meters away, and if I try to go to them I'll just get swarmed and eaten. Then there's climbing down the ladders to get the swamp area. They didn't seem to actually give a flying fuck about testing the AI so those big bug fuckers who shoot beams hump the fucking ladder so you can't descend without getting ass raped by them. I like the game a lot, but Blighttown was cheap as fuck and painfully tedious due to shit AI more than genuine difficulty.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-03-20 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Fuck Blighttown, seriously. Whoever designed it should die painfully. The gazillion ladders makes it a slow and painful process of waiting for the mole men fuckers to get their asses over to you since they can aggro like 100000000000 meters away, and if I try to go to them I'll just get swarmed and eaten. Then there's climbing down the ladders to get the swamp area. They didn't seem to actually give a flying fuck about testing the AI so those big bug fuckers who shoot beams hump the fucking ladder so you can't descend without getting ass raped by them. I like the game a lot, but Blighttown was cheap as fuck and painfully tedious due to shit AI more than genuine difficulty.
    You can actually avoid most of Blighttown entierly, there's a back path that only makes you go through a small portion and can drop you off just a small walk away from the second bell boss. After that, you can easily avoid the place like the plague it is as there's nothing else to get but a firekeeper soul and a spell or two.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    You can actually avoid most of Blighttown entierly, there's a back path that only makes you go through a small portion and can drop you off just a small walk away from the second bell boss. After that, you can easily avoid the place like the plague it is as there's nothing else to get but a firekeeper soul and a spell or two.
    Shhhhhh don't spoil it.
    Everyone deserves to suffer it once.

Yes, BTown is skippable, but if he want to join the Dragon Covenant, he's going to have to run though the muck.

Now, that tree is super fun!
    Stormrage US | Aesryn