Deleted
    In case anyone didn't see this:
    Filtersc (who did a lot of teaching video's on WoL) is doing them AGAIN for HotS. He only did 2 episodes so far, but he seems very good at teaching.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vng8Z...rkSUYogfsLV98B

I first did all the video's of F3nner, and this got me up to gold, but now I realize all he did was teaching me a cheese-build. When someone is prepared for this build it all goes to hell. The Filtersc ones seem more bound on teaching you general strategies etc.

Deleted
    I have a question about lore:

So when you get to the mission regarding Haven and if you'll purge it or fight the protoss, if you chose to fight the protoss... where do the zerg go? I mean in the mission Safe Haven.

There is a detected zerg infestation on the planet, you chose to fight the protoss so they don't purge the healthy people too... but what about the infested ones? I mean nowhere is it implied Dr. Ariel found a cure, and yet you meet no zerg infested during your fight with the protoss... so what happens to them?
    And then in the news report, all the refugees go to Haven and are happy... but what about the zerg?! What, did the zerg just decide to not bother with them anymore or something? What happened to the infected colonists? I mean, if you chose to help the protoss wipe the infected, you see the zerg have a few bases around and the colonists don't have enough power to resist alone... yet if you fight the protoss... it means the colonists all get infected?

I just don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    In case anyone didn't see this:
    Filtersc (who did a lot of teaching video's on WoL) is doing them AGAIN for HotS. He only did 2 episodes so far, but he seems very good at teaching.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vng8Z...rkSUYogfsLV98B

I first did all the video's of F3nner, and this got me up to gold, but now I realize all he did was teaching me a cheese-build. When someone is prepared for this build it all goes to hell. The Filtersc ones seem more bound on teaching you general strategies etc.
    On the same note, Dignitas Apollo is also updating his previous Tutorials and giving out a lot of help/pointers to follow on effective builds/actions/reactions to advance players of all levels into the next leagues, or help improve their gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dignitasApollo

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Actually, it was done, fully with everything from original voices, mission briefing etc :

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=303166
    I've looked, but can't seem to find them on the Arcade?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    On the same note, Dignitas Apollo is also updating his previous Tutorials and giving out a lot of help/pointers to follow on effective builds/actions/reactions to advance players of all levels into the next leagues, or help improve their gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dignitasApollo
    Thanks a lot for posting

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

So when you get to the mission regarding Haven and if you'll purge it or fight the protoss, if you chose to fight the protoss... where do the zerg go? I mean in the mission Safe Haven.

There is a detected zerg infestation on the planet, you chose to fight the protoss so they don't purge the healthy people too... but what about the infested ones? I mean nowhere is it implied Dr. Ariel found a cure, and yet you meet no zerg infested during your fight with the protoss... so what happens to them?
    And then in the news report, all the refugees go to Haven and are happy... but what about the zerg?! What, did the zerg just decide to not bother with them anymore or something? What happened to the infected colonists? I mean, if you chose to help the protoss wipe the infected, you see the zerg have a few bases around and the colonists don't have enough power to resist alone... yet if you fight the protoss... it means the colonists all get infected?

I just don't understand
    Well they took the an A-cannon approach to all that, meaning there is actual one 'cannon' path if you really want to get to the specifics of it. Raynor protects the colonists, sides with Tosh and takes out the orbital platform crippling the zerg's air until HotS rolls around.

That mission specifically though I would think that the main zerg force has not yet reached that area as Raynor immediately has to fly down to stop the protoss. If you choose to torch the colony, Raynor probably isn't in any hurry and the infestation has more time to grow before he gets there. Honestly though I would not look to much into it as the protoss route is the cannon one and I think they just wanted to give you a mission where you either faced zerg or protoss.

Personally I protect them everytime. Selendis seems to even want to fight him for some "honorable combat" against the great James Raynor and see how she matches up. Got to love the protoss.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-03-21 at 05:11 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

I just don't understand
    Blizzard went with "every choice is right one". If you side with Tosh, you see that spectres are just little extravagant. If you side with Nova, you learn that spectres are all insane. You always choose the right path, and background changes to acknowledge that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    I've looked, but can't seem to find them on the Arcade?
    Look at the tutorial on pdf, that's not something you play on the arcade, that's actually a game mod you need to download and install.

Deleted
    Thank you both for replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Well they took the an A-cannon approach to all that, meaning there is actual one 'cannon' path if you really want to get to the specifics of it. Raynor protects the colonists, sides with Tosh and takes out the orbital platform crippling the zerg's air until HotS rolls around.

That mission specifically though I would think that the main zerg force has not yet reached that area as Raynor immediately has to fly down to stop the protoss. If you choose to torch the colony, Raynor probably isn't in any hurry and the infestation has more time to grow before he gets there. Honestly though I would not look to much into it as the protoss route is the cannon one and I think they just wanted to give you a mission where you either faced zerg or protoss.

Personally I protect them everytime. Selendis seems to even want to fight him for some "honorable combat" against the great James Raynor and see how she matches up. Got to love the protoss.
    Yes, I understand. So tehnically in the choice to fight the protoss you could say they also wiped the zerg infested people or left them behind and the protoss killd them but they decided to kill everyone.

I just found it odd, because when you get the choice itself, I always thought Selendis was right, there was no cure for the plague so saving those needing saving and killing the infested ones seemed like the best choice as you were still saving the ones that could be saved. Yet seeing someone play versus the protoss recently and seeing no infested I just found it illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Blizzard went with "every choice is right one". If you side with Tosh, you see that spectres are just little extravagant. If you side with Nova, you learn that spectres are all insane. You always choose the right path, and background changes to acknowledge that.
    I see, they made it so you never feel truly guilty of it, not sure if it's best idea, but it's certainly an idea how to feel everyone happy with their choice.

Deleted
    Anyone put the free accounts on different regions to use? I've been mainly playing on unranked EU and ranked US and find the US a lot easier. EU seems to just be full of people trying to cheese wins, one guy I played in EU even got placed in platinum just by 10 pooling every game yet on ranked US I'm able to beat players in diamond. Seems like more people go for fast expands with all the races in US rather than 1 base cheese or turtle on the EU servers. Or it could just be my luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU ladder harder than US ladder trololol

No, kidding. I'm back at my proper PC this evening so I'll check out how EU ladder is now in hots. I think I'm gonna have to scout like a paranoid motherf*cker. I'll share here what I'll learn and get back to you Kakazam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just completed the game and oh my god it was awesome , my early contender for my game of the year. Had great fun all round, Being a big lore nerd, especially in blizzard games, this finally put me back on track with Blizzard on their storytelling capabilities, especially after their awfully predictable and disappointing Diablo 3. Well done blizzard your best game since Warcraft 3 TFT (Not counting WoW)
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I started the campaign today, loving it so far, blizzard are so good at cinematics !

Absolutely superb campaign\story. My main 'beef' with it is how short it is. 20 missions (7 evolution missions which shouldn't be counted as such), and a high amount of those are 'arcade missions' with single hero\unit, or a ship, or wtv and a lot of rush\timed missions.

Other then that, absolutely amazing game on a story level. WoL was a lot tougher on brutal though, HotS is very easy in comparison, mostly due to the overpowered units\strains\evolutions and Kerrigan's abilities.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2013-03-21 at 09:29 PM.

While Blizzard doesn't usually set the bar very high when it comes to writing, this is probably their best work from a story perspective. Thoroughly enjoyed the campaign, not looking forward to waiting the next two (three?) years before Legacy becomes a thing.

I like how a lot of the concept art and promotional material was modelswapped Nova in for original Kerrigan when Narud pulled out that freaking sick Psiblade (where do I get one?). Unlike another game MGS2, I was honestly pleased with the result.

Of course, that whole build up towards the end was nothing more than emotionally moving. For once I'm very happy to say well done, Blizzard. Well done.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-03-21 at 10:36 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I went ahead and got the expansion even though all I'll do is probably just play through the campaign.

Anyway, whenever Kerrigan speaks all I can think of is Six (battlestar galactica).

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I went ahead and got the expansion even though all I'll do is probably just play through the campaign.

Anyway, whenever Kerrigan speaks all I can think of is Six (battlestar galactica).
    Tricia Helfer (Six) is the voice actress for Kerrigan, has been since just after the very first promo work for Wings of Liberty was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Tricia Helfer (Six) is the voice actress for Kerrigan, has been since just after the very first promo work for Wings of Liberty was done.
    heh, well then, there you go. no wonder I thought of her

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    heh, well then, there you go. no wonder I thought of her
    ^^ Yup. From what I've heard she was quite fond of Kerrigan as a character, enjoyed the role.

Also nice to see another BSG fan

All of this has happened before...