Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Need help with BiS trinkets (Enhancement)

Hello!
    So as the title says, I'm in need of some help.
    In my guild you get priority on items in your BiS list, and as thus you need to post it on our forums. Now most slots are straight forward, however i'm at a loss in regards to what trinkets are truly BiS.
    Now http://www.wowhead.com/item=94532 Is a really cool design, but is it that great for us?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94522 Seems very good for the PE builds going about, so i'm guessing that's up there
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94512 I see this one having potential as well
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94523 Appears as the most dull of all the trinkets,although having gnome bitches might be potentionally fun. but then again i'm no pro.

So really, I need some help here. Which one would be "BiS" for us Enhancement shamans?
    Thanks for your help

Leading into 5.2 Bad Juju and Talisman of Bloodlust were on top. However, there have been a number of adjustments RPPM/trinkets and I haven't seen any recent numbers comparing them for Enh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Bad Juju and it's amazing. Procs like crazy. I really want the one off Primordius as well... Gives like an extra 7000 haste or something crazy which will in turn, make other trinkets and legendary meta proc more. I'm also very interested in Reorigination.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Deleted
    Re-Origination feels retarded w/o Haste on top because its such a small time window to dump damage I'd rather have Talisman of Bloodlust.

At least these are my thoughts on it.

Hoping I can borrow this thread for trinket help. I got bad juju LFR last night and I was wondering if it was worth taking over xuen? atm I have lfr juju/xuen/BoIS HC to choose from and I'm not sure if it's worth it due to RPPM problems atm or should I just wait for normal mode trinkets?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question about which trinket would benefit me more at a 500 Itemlevel range. Trying to find out if the VP Shado-pan aasualt trinket (Hit, 8k agi proc) is better than Relic of Xuen?(upgraded to full), I ask because ive seen some ppl mention that the VP trinket proc rate is not the best, and Xuen procs like CRAZY, but 8k agi with the PE build seems pretty damn insane, this is ofcourse until I can get my hands on Bad juju and Talisman.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-03-14 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    Also something I've seen happen and isn't uncommon:

Bad Juju (not sure if other ToT trinkets are doing the same) are overwriting themselves. Eg BJ procs, 20s. Before it reaches half the duration, it procs again - leaving me with a total of 6 gnomes and then another 1-2 minutes without ever seeing it proc again.

Surely alot of people noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Also something I've seen happen and isn't uncommon:

Bad Juju (not sure if other ToT trinkets are doing the same) are overwriting themselves. Eg BJ procs, 20s. Before it reaches half the duration, it procs again - leaving me with a total of 6 gnomes and then another 1-2 minutes without ever seeing it proc again.

Surely alot of people noticed this?
    This has always been the case with juju just the proc chances are higher so you're more likely to see it now. The updated RPPM system has an ever increasing chance to proc. This means sooner or later you are guaranteed a proc if you are truly unlucky.

RPPM is inherently random. Sometimes everything will line up and you'll be able to blow CDs with the proc and other times if you held your CDs you'd be forever waiting. From what I can tell, unless it has been a significant time since last proc you are better off just blowing your CDs instead of waiting.

Deleted
    I'm still running a mastery heavy build (52.88% / 11k mastery ;21.87% / 4585 haste) and picked up Bad Juju this week. Had 30% uptimes on Tortos and Twin Consorts, with a 17% uptime on Durumu.

Will certainly be looking at swapping over to a bit more balance in my secondarys now that my ilvl has hopped up to about 508, and therefore playing around with the haste favouring builds (AS, with PE on some fights) and getting more uptime on the procs. Really keen to pick up the Talisman from Primordius. Current second trinket is the talisman, dat burst at the start of a fight when they all proc + pot...

I'm yet to see an overwriting proc on Juju, but can certainly see it happening with the RPPM system. It definitely is something to get used to not knowing when your trinkets going to proc to line up cd's ha

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2013-03-15 at 03:34 PM.

Deleted
    dat chain lightning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post

Awesome...i needs that...I already tend to raid transformed as one of those little voodoo gnomes thanks to some alchemy oil...
    "Brevity is...wit"

Juju + Renataki are currently simming as the best combination for a patchwerk encounter given latest rppm changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I have a question about which trinket would benefit me more at a 500 Itemlevel range. Trying to find out if the VP Shado-pan aasualt trinket (Hit, 8k agi proc) is better than Relic of Xuen?(upgraded to full), I ask because ive seen some ppl mention that the VP trinket proc rate is not the best, and Xuen procs like CRAZY, but 8k agi with the PE build seems pretty damn insane, this is ofcourse until I can get my hands on Bad juju and Talisman.
    Well, my sims say I have a ~20% uptime of the vicious talisman from the SPA. Here's a sim from the most recent simc:

As of current Sims Bad JuJu and Renatakis soul charm are going to be BiS but thats always depending on your current gear and if you would over cap Exp, so that can change every item you get can change your actual BiS Trinkets.

Wishes

I finally got an RPPM trinket last night (Renataki's) and I have to say my previous complaints are pretty much erased. This thing procced like crazy and it's awesome that you can let the duration get to 15s and then pop Ascendance. As far as Ascendance goes it's like you're using a much stronger trinket since it's on the back half. Even better is when it procs at the start of fight with all your CDs and FE up and then it procs AGAIN right after it finishes stacking.

Some rough uptime numbers:
    Horridon: 21%
    Magara: 26%
    Ji Kun: 33%
    Council: 17%
    Tortos: 36%

Council is the lowest but I end up taking a utility approach to this fight (HRs, HSTs, interrupting which requires off boss time, etc) so that probably explains the lower uptime.

10+ Year Old Account
    So last night I picked up Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault because it was a huge upgrade from my Searing Words. Where is the Shado-Pan trinket sitting at? compared to rest of the trinkets?

Question (using this thread instead of making a new one):

I'm rerolling enhancement from DK; is Xuen worth shelling out 10-12k for still? With no upgrade levels available, how fast will it be replaced in 5.2? Any help appreciated

You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.

I would say No, But depends on how Easily you can get into ToT LFR (480ilvl) and how much 10-12k means to you. First and Third Boss both drop better Trinkets. That and when it was current I believe Relic was replaced by most with the Toes trinket, running that and the Elegon trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaan View Post
    I would say No, But depends on how Easily you can get into ToT LFR (480ilvl) and how much 10-12k means to you. First and Third Boss both drop better Trinkets. That and when it was current I believe Relic was replaced by most with the Toes trinket, running that and the Elegon trinket.
    I concur with this. Plus the increased chance for old LFR loot. So pretty much you get shadow-pan with VP and then spend your LFRs / coins on the trinket bosses. Shouldn't take long to get one. I would pay 3-5k max for a Xuen at this point.

So last night I picked up Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault because it was a huge upgrade from my Searing Words. Where is the Shado-Pan trinket sitting at? compared to rest of the trinkets?
    It's good. The only worse normal mode trinket is Talisman of Bloodlist. For normal mode Renataki > Juju > Shado Pan > ToB. It seems ~= LFR Juju/Renataki.
    Source: http://dread-gaming.com/simc/enh_trinkets_t15h.html.