Thread: Fire Mage Guide

Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Have anyone done a BiS list from normal Throne of Thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
    Has anyone done a BiS list from normal Throne of Thunder?
    It's in the OP under gear selection.

Hey bras!
    So, that's my mage toon!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ikanz/advanced

Im playing as frost by now, I know im under cap of hit and something else but I really dont wanna be bothered with that.
    also, my pvp set trinket is appeared on my pve gear o.0
    Im using shadopan attack friendly that is bought with valor points
    My point is: With this gear how many % crit would I have? It would be good to go fire as I am good as frost?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    Hey bras!
    So, that's my mage toon!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ikanz/advanced

Im playing as frost by now, I know im under cap of hit and something else but I really dont wanna be bothered with that.
    also, my pvp set trinket is appeared on my pve gear o.0
    Im using shadopan attack friendly that is bought with valor points
    My point is: With this gear how many % crit would I have? It would be good to go fire as I am good as frost?
    At your ilvl and gear I would stay frost for now. You really want to hold off on going fire until you can have a solid unbuffed(Int+molten armor only) 32-33% crit or more. Until then you are going to be lacking on HS procs and your DPS will suffer because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1330/critrk.jpg

So... considering that (Im using askmrrobot to reforge/regem my items and see how many crit would I have... the gear is the same Im using), would I be ready to switch to fire??
    I saw a 489 ilvl fire rocking on Raid Finder and wasnt only him. There was another 2 fire mages that i asked ( one 493 and other 497 ilvl).
    Im 491 at this point... enough crit?
    what u say?
    Thanks!

Anyone had issues with the alter time macro? Sometimes when I use the macro to end Alter Time it starts hard casting Pyro instead of using the Pyroblast proc it should restore.

Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    Anyone had issues with the alter time macro? Sometimes when I use the macro to end Alter Time it starts hard casting Pyro instead of using the Pyroblast proc it should restore.
    Same has been happening with me since 5.2
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Same has been happening with me since 5.2
    This has been happening all expansion. Latency will sometimes cause it to act wonky. The simple fix is to jump while spamming the macro.

I just removed /cast Pyroblast from the macro since i had the same problem. Works like a charm now.

Hi again guys,

Well last night I got the Wushoolay's Final Choice trinket. So I have two questions,

1. I don't get how this trinket works or maybe my UI is bugged. It says 1333 int every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. So is that saying it can proc 10 times only and have 13.3k int max? This has been answered

2. So what to swap out for this trinket. Right now I use Light of the Cosmos +2 and Relic of Yu'lon. I was going to swap the Relic for the Wushoolay's. Is this smart to do also I'm fire.
    Last edited by Squinty; 2013-03-21 at 05:07 AM.

It gives you a stacking buff that increases in potency over time, up to a maximum of 13.3k
    When the trinket procs the buff starts small in comparison to most trinkets and ends large in comparison to most trinkets

Deleted
    I have elite back from Protectors with mastery is it worth to change it for back with crit but lower ILVL(back from garalon with crit+hit)

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It gives you a stacking buff that increases in potency over time, up to a maximum of 13.3k
    When the trinket procs the buff starts small in comparison to most trinkets and ends large in comparison to most trinkets
    I see maybe by buff/debuff add-on is not updated and its has wrong numbers on it. Will try and have a look again today when I get home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    This has been happening all expansion. Latency will sometimes cause it to act wonky. The simple fix is to jump while spamming the macro.
    doing this since 5.2 released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagnerk View Post
    I have elite back from Protectors with mastery is it worth to change it for back with crit but lower ILVL(back from garalon with crit+hit)
    What ilvl / crit% do you have? it might very well be worth it to go frost as it performs better than fire below 510'ish ilvl and ~35%+ crit. That is of cause if you are comfortable with the frost rotation(its pretty simple cd management)

Quote Originally Posted by Tene View Post
    doing this since 5.2 released.
    no its been doing that since 5.0... if you dont believe him go and read the first couple of pages in this very thread. Its not new. you can fix it by jumping or removing /cast pyroblast from macro or not spamming your macro like a lab rat on cocaine....

Edit: if "doing this" meant jumping, im sorry for misinterpreting your post.

I have a question about the Legendary meta gem from a fire mage point of view.

What Legendary gem are fire mages out there planning to use?

When I look at askmrrobot, Courageous Primal Diamond is listed on the top because it has 324 int.
    The affect that this meta gem has is a chance that spells wont cost any mana for 4 secs, which isn't much appealing.(as a fire mage.)
    The other gem I'm interested in is Sinister Primal Diamond.
    Which is 324crit and the affect is a chance to gain 30% spell haste on spell damage, which is like another heroism.

I'm wondering which gem is better.
    I want to try the Sinister one, but maybe I'm wrong.
    I thought that getting another heroism is really huge, but depending the proc rate and the duration of the spell haste,
    it might be hard for it to line up with your other procs for a huge combustion.

Sorry if this has been already discussed.
    Last edited by Menphis; 2013-03-21 at 11:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    I have a question about the Legendary meta gem from a fire mage point of view.

What Legendary gem are fire mages out there planning to use?

When I look at askmrrobot, Courageous Primal Diamond is listed on the top because it has 324 int.
    The affect that this meta gem has is a chance that spells wont cost any mana for 4 secs, which isn't much appealing.(as a fire mage.)
    The other gem I'm interested in is Sinister Primal Diamond.
    Which is 324crit and the affect is a chance to gain 30% spell haste on spell damage, which is like another heroism.

I'm wondering which gem is better.
    I want to try the Sinister one, but maybe I'm wrong.
    I thought that getting another heroism is really huge, but depending the proc rate and the duration of the spell haste,
    it might be hard for it to line up with your other procs for a huge combustion.

Sorry if this has been already discussed.
    Without a doubt sinister wins out. Sure courageous has int on it but the proc is pretty much worthless to fire since mana is a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    The real questing is how sinister is up against our current(blue) int + increased crit dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    What ilvl / crit% do you have? it might very well be worth it to go frost as it performs better than fire below 510'ish ilvl and ~35%+ crit. That is of cause if you are comfortable with the frost rotation(its pretty simple cd management)

no its been doing that since 5.0... if you dont believe him go and read the first couple of pages in this very thread. Its not new. you can fix it by jumping or removing /cast pyroblast from macro or not spamming your macro like a lab rat on cocaine....

Edit: if "doing this" meant jumping, im sorry for misinterpreting your post.
    I am currently 505 and raiding as Frost, but I want to raid with fire spec, I love it more
    I can make up to 33% of crit and about 9-10% of hate

Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    I just make a habit of moving forward while spamming my that macro, that way it can never hardcast. My theory is also that moving forward during the macro causes slightly higher ignites aswell because you 'catch up' with the travel time of your pyroblasts and thus make the time between different pyroblast hits slightly shorter. Obviously the gain is minimal I guess.