10+ Year Old Account

do i just suck at warrior dps?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lcerate/simple

my armory, my weapons, Kilrak MH, Scimitar OH

i see other warriors doing amazing dps, granted my ilvl is 490 or so, i cant do more than like 60-70k in LFR... most bosses...

i have a similarly geared ret and frost dk where i pull at least 100k on most bosses in LFR...

i know high end SMF fury sims fairly high, so what the hell am i doing wrong?

bloodthirst every cd, pop cooldowns whenever they are up, CS, raging blow, i mean there really isnt a lot to go wrong

is there just a point in gear where they go from mediocre to downright ABSURD like ive seen?

i even do more on my RET... so it has to be me

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    fury is about pooling rage for the right moments. That means, if you have to delay Recklessness for a few seconds until CS is ready, DO SO. Sqeeze as many styles into the CS window as possible and exploit your mechanics to the fullest (like using heroic leap in that CS window cause it´s off gcd). Fill your rotation, if nothing is ready, with victory rush or heroic throw. people tend to forget about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea i do that. im pretty savvy with maximizing my LFR dps gear... i sit around 60k damage, maybe peak at like 70-80k with a long execute phase...

meanwhile i sit at 100-130k EVERY FIGHT with my ret/dk

idk

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, aside from some missing enchants and the possibility to reforge haste to crit on your cloak, i can´t see a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are incredibly complex to play well, so there is a lot that can go wrong. I recomend reading over the last 3 pages of the Fix my DPS thread.

Your crit is really low, look into finding better itemized gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Well, aside from some missing enchants and the possibility to reforge haste to crit on your cloak, i can´t see a problem.

my cloak has that. what enchants? the engineering tinkers for belt/cloak?

Deleted
    your ~1% over hit cap and ~1% to low on expertese, other than that fury is all about the crit and managing ur enrages aswell as rage, you could try getting a addon to make ur rage bar bigger like vexpower so you easier can keep track on it aswell as a addon to keep track on ur enrages like weakauras or or the easier to set up tellmewhen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sello View Post
    your ~1% over hit cap and ~1% to low on expertese, other than that fury is all about the crit and managing ur enrages aswell as rage, you could try getting a addon to make ur rage bar bigger like vexpower so you easier can keep track on it aswell as a addon to keep track on ur enrages like weakauras or or the easier to set up tellmewhen
    i just equipped a new ring without reforging again

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Warriors are incredibly complex to play well, so there is a lot that can go wrong. I recomend reading over the last 3 pages of the Fix my DPS thread.
    Good joke. How2SMF: pool Rage for CSmash.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    1% over hit cap, 1% under expertise cap. Wrong glyphs. You never use WW in your single target rotation as SMF. No Second Wind, get improved Victory Rush. Double Windsong isn't doing you any favors.

That's all in about 2 minutes worth of looking at your armory. Logs would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    im sorry but fury is about as simple as frost dks KNOWING what to smash and when not having a set rotation but a priority list. fury has never been hard to play. only hard to gear.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    im sorry but fury is about as simple as frost dks KNOWING what to smash and when not having a set rotation but a priority list. fury has never been hard to play. only hard to gear.
    Keywords being complex to play well.

Considering our rotation resolves solely around 20 sec burst windows, requiring to maintain optimal burst within those all windows via pooling/stacking CDs and what not, it's probably one of the more skill-rewarded specs/rotations at the moment. While in essence it is a priority list as you said, it's a very dynamic priority list - more so than most.

Mainly comes with experience, practice, and understanding of the class; but I wouldn't call it the most simple.

@OP, your Crit is really low, probably a large factor of it. I don't think I've seen 17% Crit since I was in MSV first week (even then had like more unbuffed in blues ? At a glance probably because you have a fair few pieces with no crit on them).

You have shitty itemization.

Neck, cloak, and boots should all have crit on them. Look at honor/conquest gear, there might be options with crit for those slots. It's definitely worth dropping a few ilvls for better itemized gear.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidebears View Post
    yea i do that. im pretty savvy with maximizing my LFR dps gear... i sit around 60k damage, maybe peak at like 70-80k with a long execute phase...

meanwhile i sit at 100-130k EVERY FIGHT with my ret/dk

idk
    Go arms. You're trying to play the most gear dependent spec in the game with bad gear and more importantly badly itemized bad gear. If you can't come close to guaranteed two raging blows every CS you're in trouble and your gear is no where near supporting that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Start managing your rage dump beter i think.

I have HS bind to R key > and one day it was broken but i didnt even notice.

I was like dafuq im doing 70-80k dps now, then i found out that my ragebar (wich i see well with vexpower) was staying @ 120 xD

Just as soon as you hit 40 rage or sometimes even less, hit HS.

Went up to 100k + again in most fights
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Just as soon as you hit 40 rage or sometimes even less, hit HS.
    What?

That has to be the worst advice ever. You only use HS to prevent yourself from ragecapping outside of CS. Inside a CS it can pretty much be used on cooldown alongside RBs and BTs provided you pooled enough rage, which you certainly won't by using HS every time you have 40 rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides answers in the thread, we have a Fix-My-Dps thread you can use:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...READ-OP-FIRST*