Poll: Should old and only old reputations be account wide?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like account wide stuff...

- what is the point in having a level 1 with Baine of the fallen king title??
    - What is the point in having same achivs in all my toons??
    - What is the point in having same freaking mounts on all my toons... Its even annoying...
    - What is the point in having same reputations??

I play toons... Not an account...

The same people i see posting these kind of ideas are the same that keeped whinning during all cata that they had nothing to do... For good's sake go out and farm them... And have fun .

Again... I play toons... Not an account.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure that the technology involved in account-wide reps is an entirely different beast than achievements, since the rep system is ten years old and the achievement system is ... three? Sort of makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

They should just make the rep achievements count progress for any char together IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I really don't like account wide stuff...
    Other people do.
    You don't get that title till level 80, also what's there speaking against it? Even Light of Dawn is thrown at you for running through heroic ICC with 5 people once.
    - What is the point in having same achivs in all my toons??
    Being able to work towards meta achievments on all your characters, not having to do things you already did once, because playing more than one character put people at a disadvantage compared to those who don't.
    - What is the point in having same freaking mounts on all my toons... Its even annoying...
    Speak for yourself. I bought three Mechano-Hogs because I wanted them on my characters. Being able to choose my mounts who are pure vanity on whatever character I like is a good thing to me and a great many other people since it allows us to farm them on multiple chars and not be angry when they drop on an alt.
    - What is the point in having same reputations??
    What's speaking against it?
    Actually this is wrong, you're playing an account with several characters on it all of whom are played by you. At least that's how it ought to be.
    The same people i see posting these kind of ideas are the same that keeped whinning during all cata that they had nothing to do... For good's sake go out and farm them... And have fun .
    Oh please. Wild accusations without anything to back them up isn't going to get you anywhere. In all honesty the whole "go out farm them and have fun" thing makes me doubt you ever did Steamwheedle Cartel or Ravenholdt. There is nothing fun about these reputations whatsoever. You're either running around in circles in Tanaris for hours one shotting thousands of low level pirates or farming/buying tons of lockboxes to turn them in.

Repetition doesn't make a false statement become more true.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reputation should be account wide. It's my account and I earned everything on it so it shouldn't make a difference which character I am on to show it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I am sure that the technology involved in account-wide reps is an entirely different beast than achievements, since the rep system is ten years old and the achievement system is ... three? Sort of makes a difference.
    Wow, there's some interesting figures... Achievement system is 4.5 years old and rep system 8.5 years old...
    To the point - I'm pretty sure they could make the (XX# of Exalted reps) achievements, the Justicar/Conqueror achievements, Diplomat/Ambassador etc. account-wide with the current system, because it has worked this way for a while with the Hero of Shattrath FoS (you had Exa with Aldor on one char and Exa with Scryers on another and you got the achievement). The question is whether Blizz wants it from the design point of view (obviously not the Hero of Shattrath, because it kinda destroyed the whole point of the FoS)...

That would be a rather nice change actually. Even if it's just per expac.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account

Then you're doing something wrong. If you're not using multiple toons to support one another for professions, mats, gold, etc., you're missing out and making the game way harder for yourself...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Other people do.
    I understand that, but do they have more fun???

Last time i checked staying in capital cities waiting for LFR and and LFD or trying to pug a raid wasn't the best model for fun .

You don't get that title till level 80, also what's there speaking against it? Even Light of Dawn is thrown at you for running through heroic ICC with 5 people once.
    Exactly... Its easy... No need to get it for free... Get a damn toon a go farm it.

Being able to work towards meta achievments on all your characters, not having to do things you already did once, because playing more than one character put people at a disadvantage compared to those who don't.
    You said it all... Except... That the disavantage, its on the side of those that don't like to play with several toons.

Speak for yourself. I bought three Mechano-Hogs because I wanted them on my characters. Being able to choose my mounts who are pure vanity on whatever character I like is a good thing to me and a great many other people since it allows us to farm them on multiple chars and not be angry when they drop on an alt.
    I farmed the damn brewfeast mount every single damn year both with my main and my alt, only managed to drop it with my alt... And that is the good thing... At least i had the feeling of having something diferent...

I was one of those that whinned about it... I asked a drop increase for that mount... But i still had the feeling of having something diferent in some of my toons.

What's speaking against it?
    Go out and do the damn things...

Actually this is wrong, you're playing an account with several characters on it all of whom are played by you. At least that's how it ought to be.
    We don't play an account, we play the toons inside of it.

Oh please. Wild accusations without anything to back them up isn't going to get you anywhere. In all honesty the whole "go out farm them and have fun" thing makes me doubt you ever did Steamwheedle Cartel or Ravenholdt. There is nothing fun about these reputations whatsoever. You're either running around in circles in Tanaris for hours one shotting thousands of low level pirates or farming/buying tons of lockboxes to turn them in.
    It looks better then being flying in Icecrown in circles farming mats, even that you didn't even need them, that was what i used to do when i was bored to the bones.

I understand its annoying farming those reputation more then once... Jesus but having them on toons than had not even ever these factions??

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Then you're doing something wrong. If you're not using multiple toons to support one another for professions, mats, gold, etc., you're missing out and making the game way harder for yourself...
    Rerolling with full heirlooms its fun at the beggining... I still found that rerolling and allow my toons to progress at their own speed, without gold, looms, or whatever boost my main could provide, its a lot more fun.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2013-03-22 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    I want my conqueror title on my new char, the horror of getting exalted with wsg still gives me nightmares.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it should not. Commendations for 50% alt rep boost though, that's okay.

It wouldn't give people any real advantage so they should do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No, it should not. Commendations for 50% alt rep boost though, that's okay.
    Pay attention hes talking about OLD reps. The current reps have commendations.

Deleted
    Yes, they should. I put a lot of effort and time into farming reputations on my Druid which I played since mid-TBC and was my first character. I have factions at exalted which are no longer obtainable such as Shen'dralar and the Zandalar Tribe. Though she is currently Horde, she was predominantly alliance for most of her existence and, as such, has factions such as Wintersaber Trainers which are not shown on her profile. Prior to Mists of Pandaria she had 58 reputations at Exalted with Avengers of Hyjal absent due to my not raiding during the expansion. I had planned to level her in Mists of Pandaria and ended up hating playing as a Druid - the changes just didn't sit right with me and I found myself loathing DPSing or healing when I had enjoyed both previously.

I quit the game for a while and it was only when messing around with my low level Priest that I realised I hadn't grown sick of the game but rather my Druid. That priest is now my main but you wouldn't think that I had been playing since TBC by checking her reputation. Unless I force myself to grind those reputation factions again (which I don't have the time for) or go back to my Druid (which I vastly dislike) I won't get titles such as "the Beloved" despite being two factions away.

So yes, I would love for reputation to be shared over characters or, even without this, allow for reputation achievements such as "obtain X" to be based on account progress with each faction counted once. I think that would alleviate a lot of the complaints.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 10:30 AM ----------

Yes, we play the characters (goodness, the word "toon" is horrible) though the progress was made by the gamer. I fail to see why my reputation with the Shen'dralar can't be granted to a different character to show that I actually spent time (regardless of which character I did this on) farming this faction.

Deleted
    I understand that, but do they have more fun???
    Usually? Yes. Personally I would find myself very limited if I were to only play one char.
    Last time i checked staying in capital cities waiting for LFR and and LFD or trying to pug a raid wasn't the best model for fun .
    Is there any chance you're going to stop making stuff up out of thin air? Nobody ever said anything about that, in fact it has nothing to do with the discussion at all. Also assuming people who actually level several chars are the ones to do that, is plain weird.
    Exactly... Its easy... No need to get it for free... Get a damn toon a go farm it.
    Right, it's easy and we already farmed it! It's the reason why we get it on all chars 80+!
    You said it all... Except... That the disavantage, its on the side of those that don't like to play with several toons.
    How so? You need to actually give some points to prove why it would be harder for people only playing one character. In fact they have an easier time because all the stuff already is on one character and not a harder one.
    I farmed the damn brewfeast mount every single damn year both with my main and my alt, only managed to drop it with my alt... And that is the good thing... At least i had the feeling of having something diferent...
    So did I! With about 6 chars! And you know what? We had a warlock teleport in every single alt in existance back when it worked just so we could get more chances at them. I lost most of that when I had to create a new account at the end of Cataclysm. I since then recovered at least the kodo and a great many other mounts.
    I was one of those that whinned about it... I asked a drop increase for that mount... But i still had the feeling of having something diferent in some of my toons.
    I never did, I merely set out to find solutions to get more shots at the mount. Maybe that's the difference between us, you whine and I find solutions?
    Go out and do the damn things...
    We already did. You most likely didn't.
    We play characters on an account, our account for that matter. Everything on that account was achieved and done by us, at least that's how it's supposed to be.
    It looks better then being flying in Icecrown in circles farming mats, even that you didn't even need them, that was what i used to do when i was bored to the bones.
    Kinda weird to play a game when you're bored, maybe the issue here lies with you and not the other people?
    I understand its annoying farming those reputation more then once... Jesus but having them on toons than had not even ever these factions??
    There is simply no decent reason why we should do it especially when the vast, vast majority wont even do it once!
    Rerolling with full heirlooms its fun at the beggining... I still found that rerolling and allow my toons to progress at their own speed, without gold, looms, or whatever boost my main could provide, its a lot more fun.
    Maybe for you, but guess what, there are different kinds of people out there.

the only way this to work is that only exalted reputations work and only at the right content lvl.

Deleted
    I just want them to be consistent and allow the damn PvP titles to be account wide already (like PvE are with alts having "Kingslayer", "Hand of Adal and Champ of the Narru")

My shaman has Lt General and Conquerer, yet my DK main cannot use them and the thought of grinding WSG/AB rep is just madness.

Yes because it won't hurt the game. Just make it less "sad" when you switch from your main to an alt.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should. I am having the achievment issue now with my Priest. My pally was my main from BC and Wrath, Warrior was my main in Cata and now my Priest for MOP...If I want the exalted rep achievs I have to go back to my pally and grind more rep or re-grind all the ones on my priest that my pally already did. My thought is why can't blizz at the start of every new X-Pac, almost do some sort of patch that would "update all exalted reps from the previous X-Pacs. DO NOT include the current reps with the new X-PAC. This would give you credit at least for all the "old" content reps, but you still would have to grind the current X-PAC reps on all toons if you want the crafted patterns and such. I think this would be a great middle grounds to help out alt reps but not botch the current expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is interesting considering none of my raid titles unlocked on new toons until I hit the level cap for the corresponding expansion (80-wrath titles, 85-cata, etc.).

Yes, although personally I think all reputations should be account wide. It's obnoxious to have to grind them on different characters, especially with them rep gating patterns in MoP again. I'm in a pretty small guild so a few people seem to feel pressured to grind it out on an alt just for guild helping purposes, and that sucks.