Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    What more could they do with Rapture that they haven't already done though?
    I have no idea, but I liked the dark, destroyed-utopia theme. Infinite just looks like a theme park gone bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    So did I, but I also agree with the devs when they say Bioshock wasn't just Rapture, but it was discovery and exploration of certain topics. The devs also said in another interview they got bored with trying to come up with ideas for Rapture, so in turn we also would.

I have a wait and see attitude with Infinite. So far though, it looks like it will be an amazing addition to the franchise.

Of course Bioshock wasn't just about Rapture, but Rapture became a great part of it. It's like with Half-Life series, and that turned out... Good, actually. o_O Well, I guess I just proved myself wrong XD. I just hope the feeling of entering an "alien" world, where you don't belong, will still be there.

I did like Bioshocks story and atmosphere a lot (a lot!), but I always thought the graphics looked "plastic" for a lack of good description, and the combat always felt awkward with no real weight to it, and the enemy death animations were weird.

This looks more of the same to me, but with even less atmosphere sadly.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    We know the two are going to be completely seperated, but the developers were apparently kind of shy about giving any direct answers to 'are Columbia and Rapture in the same universe?'.

What I like is that this game looks like it's really embracing it's setting and running with it: with the whole American theme, and being in the sky, what with the sky-rails being a part of gameplay. Bioshock was at the bottom of the ocean and everything about the levels represented this: very damp, claustrophobic and cramped, the whole place was oppressive and dark and bore down on you. By contrast, this seems to be thematically embracing the fact that it's floating in the sky, with levels being far more open, free and so on with the sky-rails.

From what we've seen, I think this has the potential to be just as eerie and disconcerting as Bioshock, if in an entirely different way. Just look at the heavy hitters: they all give me shivers in some form, as does Songbird. I like that the protagonist will actually be a character, and Elizabeth looks like she could be potentially awesome too.
    Not really, some of the first things they said about Infinite, was that where as Rapture was supposed to have been constructed after WW2, Columbia is up and running in 1917.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Of course Bioshock wasn't just about Rapture, but Rapture became a great part of it. It's like with Half-Life series, and that turned out... Good, actually. o_O Well, I guess I just proved myself wrong XD. I just hope the feeling of entering an "alien" world, where you don't belong, will still be there.

Sure seems that way to me so far. That bright, colorful world is torn asunder many times, and it sure as hell seems like you are not meant to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    It's not just a lighthouse, it's THE lighthouse. Easter eggs are little hidden references, this is more. They are shoving it in your face and making sure you see. I might be jumping to conclusions here, but having the 2 games start the same way, at the same location, seems like more than just something cool they put in for fans of the original, it hints that they are linked. I wouldn't be surprised if the story ends up directly linking to Bioshock in one way or another by the end of the game.
    Well, if that turns out to be the case it would definitely be awesome I would love to see some kind of a connection between them, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much

Sure seems that way to me so far. That bright, colorful world is torn asunder many times, and it sure as hell seems like you are not meant to be there.
    Btw, do you know who is voice acting the woman on the boat in the first few minutes of the video? Her voice sounds really familiar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, do you know who is voice acting the woman on the boat in the first few minutes of the video? Her voice sounds really familiar.
    I do not. This might help you though http://irrationalgames.com/insider/f...nite-revealed/

I do not. This might help you though http://irrationalgames.com/insider/f...nite-revealed/
    Awesome, thanks. It's Jennifer Hale. No wonder she sounded familiar :P

Deleted
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/1...ew-in-progress

IGN will have their review out today.

"Editor’s Note: Our exclusive review of BioShock Infinite will be published this Thursday evening, March 21 at 9pm Pacific/12am Eastern Time. Until then, keep checking back with IGN every day for more exclusive BioShock Infinite content during BioShock Week! It’s a lot like Shark Week, except the sharks are clouds. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/1...ew-in-progress

IGN will have their review out today.

"Editor’s Note: Our exclusive review of BioShock Infinite will be published this Thursday evening, March 21 at 9pm Pacific/12am Eastern Time. Until then, keep checking back with IGN every day for more exclusive BioShock Infinite content during BioShock Week! It’s a lot like Shark Week, except the sharks are clouds. "
    Yeah, but its... IGN. Ewwww...

I'll still probably pick up this game though.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-03-21 at 02:57 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Oh woop de fucking doo, an IGN review to give us unbiased, objective review of a triple-A game. Can't wait.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I think the connection is spiritual only. Bioshock 1 and 2 were about how good ideas can do harm when taken to extremes. The player's explorations of Rapture were as much investigations into the dark side of philosophies as they were about uncovering the city's history and physical self. From what I understand Infinite will be similar in that regard, but from what I have read there are no direct links between the cities or even the world they inhabit. Instead of Ryan's 'Great Chain' or Lamb's communal brotherhood we will (I think) be seeing the dark side of American Exceptionalism and jingoism in general.

There are gameplay parallels as well, with 'vigors' replacing 'plasmids/tonics'. I won't be surprised to find some tangential connections between Rapture and Columbia, but I think it is more of a new adventure in the same vein of the first two. Very much looking forward to this one...it might be the game that demands I finally go out and buy a new graphics cards to run.
    Yeah the dynamic is interesting

Hyper-nationalism (The Founders) vs. communist revolutionaries (vox populi)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Oh woop de fucking doo, an IGN review to give us unbiased, objective review of a triple-A game. Can't wait.
    I don't think anyone is naive enough to think that IGN would focus on the flaws of any game - let alone this one... but for those who are excited about the release and eager for information then it's going to be worth a read to keep us going for a few days. If you want an unbiased, objective review to make a decision about purchase, there will be a ton the day after release so don't pre-order :P

If you want some new information and to enjoy the hype for something you're looking forward to, then the IGN review should offer something.

Oh I am looking forward to the IGN review. Their reviews are usually quite unintentionally funny with what flaws they do pick at and their constant bullshitting around issues they can't be completely open or honest about (like the time they said the greatest flaw in the Assassin's Creed games has always been console limitations).

Edit: How well optimised do you guys think the game is likely to be? I ask because I'm worried of buying it and then my computer being unable to run it... I tried to check on the website I used to use (Canyourunit) but it's changed and for some reason won't work for me anymore, and I'm worried about dishing out 30 pounds or so for a game I won't be able to play. If I posted my specs, would anyone be willing to let me know how likely it is to work? (I'd compare myself, but I know as much about this stuff as I do about taxidermy).
    Last edited by Migey; 2013-03-21 at 10:37 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Awesome, thanks. It's Jennifer Hale. No wonder she sounded familiar :P
    Isn't she the one who voice acted Serana for Skyrim Dawnguard DLC?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Isn't she the one who voice acted Serana for Skyrim Dawnguard DLC?
    Laura Bailey voiced Serana

she was the voice of Kira in SWTOR if you have played that game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I don't think anyone is naive enough to think that IGN would focus on the flaws of any game - let alone this one... but for those who are excited about the release and eager for information then it's going to be worth a read to keep us going for a few days. If you want an unbiased, objective review to make a decision about purchase, there will be a ton the day after release so don't pre-order :P

If you want some new information and to enjoy the hype for something you're looking forward to, then the IGN review should offer something.
    game reviews havent been honest for quite a few years now? and why would they be? they get bribed by the publishers to give good press. i usually just wait for user reviews.
    on the note of mass effect i am excited for bioshock infinite. was kind of hoping they would do a before the fall setting though. have it take place during the heyday of rapture. but im curious to see how this one will be. looks like fun from the videos i've seen so far.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Have you seen the video of the first few minutes of Bioshock Infinite?
    To me that seems like a clear tie in, rather than just a reference.
    Booker talks a lot more than Jack/Subject Delta
    Putin khuliyo