Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not their best expansion (Thats still The Burning Crusade in my opinion) but its miles better that Cataclysm. It reminds me alot of Wrath, where the storylines and levels are beautifully crafted with some real thought and dedication behind it but the raids are meh.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I like the expansion overall, not really a fan of the direction of the 5.2 raid, seems just uninspired, trolls are just overplayed for me and coincidentally it was the troll dungeons in Cataclysm that also made me stop caring about the plot.

Trolls are just the seeming answer for anything whenever Blizz does not have an original idea at the time. Back to LFR and soloing!

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I like the expansion overall, not really a fan of the direction of the 5.2 raid, seems just uninspired, trolls are just overplayed for me and coincidentally it was the troll dungeons in Cataclysm that also made me stop caring about the plot.

Trolls are just the seeming answer for anything whenever Blizz does not have an original idea at the time. Back to LFR and soloing!
    I agree that ToT felt overhyped by the playerbase. "Best since Ulduar" it is not, some strong encounters but a lot of reused models and the troll theme doesn't sit well with me. Also "winter is coming"...ugh Blizzard just stop, we all know you watch Game of Thrones, just name a random gnome NPC after Tyrion Lannister and be done with it.

Overall MoP isn't too bad, but this raid tier is feeling pretty meh.

I absolutely love it.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

MOP - The second worst expansion for WOW. Cataclysm being the worst.

One expansion caused me to quit WOW after many years of playing and the other caused me to not return after playing the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    MOP - The second worst expansion for WOW. Cataclysm being the worst.
    O_o what is so bad about MOP?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

the best expansion ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you have a verdict without even having seen the entire experience?

Ah, right. The Internet.

MoP has been fine, for me, so far. I feel like the community is going to crumble before my interest in the game does, which is sad, but you can't really support a game where the point of logging in is to bitch about everything in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Mop is the expansion that finally caused me to quit. I mean, don't get me wrong. I've taken breaks before. But I've always had some aspect of the game pulling me back in or some group of people I didn't want to lose contact with. The people started to fade during Cataclysm. And while so many regard Cata as the worst expansion, I think it was far from it. MoP gets that title in my mind.

I got my main to 90 by the hardest. I even got one alt to 90 but then shelved it when I realized there was just way too much for me to want to do on more than one character. The dailies alone sucked up so much of my time. And they're boring as shit to boot. Nothing I've done in MoP feels like it matters in the slightest. For heroes who have been a part of fighting elemental lords, the Burning Legion, old gods, titan constructs, cosmic beings capable of nuking the entirety of Azeroth, the Scourge and the Lich King, and Dragon Aspects capable of breaking the planet when they stretch and yawn after a long sleep underground, going around beating up bunny-rats and gathering things for lazy pandas to make beer and food with just seems beyond trivial. The mantid stuff to me was the only cool thing, but even they were just Qiraji 2.0. Again, small fries compared to the challenges of the past. And then the Thunder King patch came out, and I really tried to care. But I just can't care anymore. I don't care about some ionized mogu guy who used to rule Pandaria. And that whole Horde vs. Alliance theme this expansion was supposed to hinge so heavily on...yeah, still hasn't really happened. They keep saying it's coming in the next few patches, but at this point I don't care. Even that seems trivial when the two factions start wanting to fight each other over some inconsequential piece of land that holds no real value in any grand scheme we can conceive of so far.

Raid balance has been decent; but again, the raids themselves are just crap. I feel like I'm fighting 5-man bosses that have extra raid mechanics thrown into them. No real epic feeling at all anymore there. And then the PvP...oh god the PvP. CC everywhere. People getting globalled. Pretty much the worst state PvP has been in ever. I loved PvP in every past expansion, even when my class wasn't doing so hot. In MoP, I just couldn't deal with it anymore.

When I think about it all, I realize a large part of the problem could be me. Maybe I'm just tired of the game. But then again, almost everyone I know has quit too. If Cata didn't do them in, MoP has finished them off. So I no longer have the people or the game itself pulling me back in. In the end, some people are going to love the game; and some will hate it. But between endless dailies, completely screwed PvP, and lackluster story, I have to say I hate this expansion and bid the World of Warcraft farewell.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    It annoys me how people keep calling it Panda-land. It has a name and its called Pandaria. Being ironic in this situation is rather disturbing to me.
    People making a silly pun on the name of an EXPANSION FOR A GAME is "Disturbing" to you? Jesus Christ, you need to get out, just saying.