Poll: Did this announcement meet expectations?

Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Initial Thoughts?

I don't really know what any of you were expecting here, so let's find out!
    I didn't think it was going to be anything big but I also didn't think it was going to be a CCG, so I don't know if I will play it but I'm mildly interested and not disappointed.

Wow-Gi-Oh!

You just activated my trap card!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited. I've never had that much interest in card games in real life but make it online and I'm ready!

It looks like it might be fun. I can't wait to play it.

They are rolling out the April Fools jokes early this year.

Deleted
    this could actually be really interesting if they handle it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefull it'll be better than MTGuels of the Planeswalkers.

Other than that, I've played the Pokemon TCG, Yu-gi-oh! TCG, Magic! TCG and UFS, so I'm really looking forward to looking at how the games go.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    i always liked the TCG but I never found a group of people to play it with other than my brother. This will help me and it comes unexpected

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm neither excited nor disappointed.

I'm quite interested in the game type already. Me and my brother have always been playing cards when at holidays, and such.
    A game like this set in Warcraft lore is already out, but having it on the PC might be interesting as a "Chill whilst at home" alternative.

Won't make a decision yet until I've had my hands on.

Honestly I feel there are a lot of trading card games out there that do the genre justice already. This is nothing more than a blizzard version of that and I find card games in general lackluster.

Not sure if there was anything they could have done I would have been pleased with but this is not something I would be interested in other than an afternoon of boredom.

10+ Year Old Account
    May not be my cup of tea, but I was pretty big into MTG back in the day (stopped around Ice Age or thereabouts), so I'll probably give it a try. I think most of the initial upset over this is people being silly, because they'd decided the announcement was going to be something they'd built up in their own imagination and anything but themselves being psychic would be a "disappointment".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have it as an in-game WoW feature.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

I am fond of the story I tell about Gene Siskel. When a so-called film critic defended a questionable review by saying, "after all, it's opinion," Gene told him: "There is a point when a personal opinion shades off into an error of fact. When you say 'The Valachi Papers' is a better film than 'The Godfather,' you are wrong." Quite true. We should respect differing opinions up to certain point, and then it's time for the wise to blow the whistle.
    -Roger Ebert
    With that in mind me and the vast majority of the gaming world know this is a terrible idea, a casual piece of crap that no one wanted and no one in their right mind should play. Most people on MMO-Champion hate it. Most people in the audience at PAX hated it. You can disagree and think it looks good, however you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the look if it. Has that unique artstyle that only Warcraft could have, and that only Blizz could give it.

The fact that it is F2P only makes me more interested, just hope they roll out more than the 9 heroes.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Could be interested playing on tablets, at least.

I was expecting something like an ipad diablo port or something, this surprised me.

personally i dig it. Something you can have open to play when you have a 30 minute dungeon debuff in wow or something.

not something id spend money on i think, but i suppose that depends how fun it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    With that in mind me and the vast majority of the gaming world know this is a terrible idea, a casual piece of crap that no one wanted and no one in their right mind should play. Most people on MMO-Champion hate it. Most people in the audience at PAX hated it. You can disagree and think it looks good, however you are wrong.
    Oh, for gourds sake...
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like it could be fun. I'm a bit disappointed there wont be android support though.

Surprised, pleased.

Looks interesting. Maybe they'll add some vanity rewards to our WoW accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    I'd rather have it as an in-game WoW feature.
    Agree, this would be one kick ass feature.
    Shuttle of Illidan