Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    What a fucking waste. Really. REALLY.

They keep telling us that they need to dedicate time spent to making Wow more awesome - and so they can give us "new" things to look at/do - and then they waste time/money/resources on a F2P card game that nobody seems to give a shit about?

While I tend to like the Pokepetbattles that came along w/ MoP - we didn't need to turn it around and make an online game out of cards...This is just bollocks and I would've liked to have seen a better use of their time and [utter lack of-] creativity to do something good for the WoW players.

Once again the backward logic of Blizzard rears its ugly head.
    This is like saying StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, Titan, and Blizzard All-Stars are a waste of time, money, and resources because it does not benefit WoW.

Think, darn it!

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I've got an idea... why not go to your TCG fans website and not a World of Warcraft/MMORPG fan forum then? :P

Do you immediately rush to a Magic the Gathering forum site every time they announce a World of Warcraft expansion? :P
    To be fair it is placed in the Warcraft Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

What a fucking waste. Really. REALLY.

They keep telling us that they need to dedicate time spent to making Wow more awesome - and so they can give us "new" things to look at/do - and then they waste time/money/resources on a F2P card game that nobody seems to give a shit about?

While I tend to like the Pokepetbattles that came along w/ MoP - we didn't need to turn it around and make an online game out of cards...This is just bollocks and I would've liked to have seen a better use of their time and [utter lack of-] creativity to do something good for the WoW players.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it will not be liked overall. Quit your bitching and realize there are different games other than WoW and maybe you will hate life less.

Meh... I played/collected magic (the gathering from alpha to ice age) for years.. been there done that. Im sure for some people it will be fun but Im ready for something actually new... you know new right? Something that hasnt been done to death ....... like a Fn card game.

Deleted
    Is that any different from the backward logic someone who doesn't work for Blizzard uses when they assume they know anything about how the team works and if it took resources from anything wow related?

Everytime I read "copy from x,too childish,wtf a tcg,lolpay2win" I get really sad about the condition of some people.
    Why is a copy a bad thing? And it isn't even a copy , because the only thing they got in common with other hardplay/onlineplay TCG's is that it is a TCG. Like WoW is a MMO and Diablo is a ARPG. Are those two games exact copies of other games around? No , they got different in depth gameplays , different themes , different franchises.
    It is like yelling at Samsung for copying iPads , when the only thing they did is to make a genre/product accessible to a broader range of people. Nothing wrong about it here. And everyone who watched the livestream to the ACTUAL END and got a little bit of smartness , will see how this will definately crush every other available Smartphone/Tablet game within the first second.
    It isn't pay to win , because it has the battle.net matchmade system. To counter that argument , one need to say Starcraft 2 is complete crap because of the matchmade system , while it is not. It has the best and most developed matchmaking system and because of that it is the deserved number one online strategy game , with the largest base of professional gamers all around the world. And we are still talking about a little niche game , which is meant to bring fun to you guys , not ripping it apart because it isnt hardcore enough for you.
    If you think you are hardcore , go and buy the cards all day and guess what? Because of the matchmaking system you are then matched up with other "hardcores" throwing their money at the screen. For us normal people , we will totally enjoy it , while having spare times on the road or having some fun in bed/couch whatever at the evening.
    And I will rephrase it : It won't take long to overtake the whole mobile gaming market with this , because this is Blizzard quality work , like we know it from it's other franchises. It is tailored to suit anyone. From kid to mother at home to the bored WoW gamer. Just grab the iPad/smartphone and have fun with a quality ad-free ( seriously , which free to play/download app isn't malfested with ads and bad programming? This isn't , it is a high quality piece of software and a high quality business model ) and !EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND GRASP! game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magic the Gathering ?

First, from the way they are advertising it, you can get every card from playing or from paying.

Second, I think golden cards are just the equivalent of "foil" cards from MtG. I.e. they look different, but don't do anything different in gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilostromrage View Post
    Meh... I played/collected magic (the gathering from alpha to ice age) for years.. been there done that. Im sure for some people it will be fun but Im ready for something actually new... you know new right? Something that hasnt been done to death ....... like a Fn card game.
    Then wait till November. That's when Blizzcon is, where they Traditionally announce new major titles.
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!

I double checked my calendar to make sure it isn't an April Fool's joke. =(

Deleted
    Can we move this to the HS - WoW section? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Deleted
    No Android version . They are really stupid.

And a card game ? What they were smoking ?

Common ? A stupid CARD game ?

As an avid player and collector of the WoW TCG, I'm extremely disappointed by this news. We needed a platform to play the existing TCG on battle.net, and a lot of TCG players have long been asking Blizzard and Cryptozoic (and Upper Deck before that) for online game. Hearthstone is just insulting.

That's Blizzard testing League of Legends' business model.

You don't need to pay a penny in order to play, but if you want to acquire new cards/heroes faster you may want to spend real money.

Just add a bit of competitive play through Battle.net and let the magic works.
    Soon lots of $ for Blizzard.

The main weakness looks like it will be hard to create fully optional features (like Champion skins in LoL) that could be sold by Blizzard (oustide of the cards themselves).

Objects that could be sold by Blizzard:
    Card packs (obviously) with random combination of cards (introduce rarity factor as for all TCG).
    Heroes.
    Starter Decks for specific class/faction in order to get quickly a basis to play a new hero.

As the graphical part of the game is quite simple, that would be hard to sell "cosmetic" objects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
    I double checked my calendar to make sure it isn't an April Fool's joke. =(
    Ha, Yep - thats the first thing I did too.

Rhiver 85 Holy Paladin
    siggy by rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post

Magic the Gathering is more popular than you think

A cookie for whoever gets where these jokes come from:

''Adults playing a children's card game''

''A child playing a children's card game? WHAT THE HELL?!''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mcneil View Post
    a cookie for whoever gets where these jokes come from:

''adults playing a children's card game''

''a child playing a children's card game? What the hell?!''
    i <3 ygotas

Deleted
    Teenager raging over an awesome old school card game made online.
    I feel old...

And sad, knowing teenagers/kids nowadays will never know the real feel of tabletop and card games.

I weep for thy...

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post

Some of these card games are amazingly profitable, and quite popular. Attacking it because it's something you may not enjoy is silly.