Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    Also, is there a way to work up a macro that'll check for a buff before casting? I haven't been able to get one working, but I'm sure there's stuff I'm not aware of that works.
    im almost certain there isnt

Also, is there a way to work up a macro that'll check for a buff before casting? I haven't been able to get one working, but I'm sure there's stuff I'm not aware of that works.
    I think your best bet is to use weak/power auras or something comparable so you know when something is up, so you can make the decision yourself.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    50, and Doom costs 60 to cast, so you'd need two crits to even make up the fury cost (and then you have to make up the global).
    Wouldn't it be beneficial to do so during a Lei Shen trinket proc then?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    Wouldn't it be beneficial to do so during a Lei Shen trinket proc then?
    I expect there would be a better way to spend those 4 seconds, like dotting the targets that DPS actually matters on.

I expect there would be a better way to spend those 4 seconds, like dotting the targets that DPS actually matters on.
    So You're saying on a fight like Magera it would be worth it more to get a ToC off than to put a doom on another head that would get 2+ ticks off, generating two imps?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    So You're saying on a fight like Magera it would be worth it more to get a ToC off than to put a doom on another head that would get 2+ ticks off, generating two imps?
    100% crit corruption or 40 fury. Take your pic.

100% crit corruption or 40 fury. Take your pic.
    There's only two heads at once. It'd be really easy to do double doom + ToC before the 4 seconds are up. False dichotomies are bad, mmkay?

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    as far as i know imps that spawn from doom crits attack that doom target.
    I thought that as well, but I went demo for our H Council kill and all my imps spawns would attack my current target.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think your best bet is to use weak/power auras or something comparable so you know when something is up, so you can make the decision yourself.
    Honestly, I'm trying to get FnB more responsive. I'm wasting at least a quarter second each successive cast that I can't queue the buff during the GCD (i.e. spamming incins) just from eye to finger lag. Could probably write an addon to do it similar to how healbot functioned in the past, but it's in that grey area of where addons are allowed and aren't, and I'm not all that good with LUA anyway. Ah well, was just a thought.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Quote Originally Posted by Hangrah View Post
    Quick question. I'm doing fine in heroic horridon with full mastery (mastery gems also)+gosup (pet on the triceratops is the boss) the thing is, do you recommend changing gems to the int+mastery ones? Since there are no AoE stats weights in simcraft, i know that in single target it's a dps loss (you know in the last phase where you need a lot of dps).
    If you really want to regem just for heroic horridon, then int+mastery would be best yes.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    im almost certain there isnt
    No there's not. That falls into the realm of automation which blizzard frowns upon heavily.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 01:47 PM ----------

Honestly, I'm trying to get FnB more responsive. I'm wasting at least a quarter second each successive cast that I can't queue the buff during the GCD (i.e. spamming incins) just from eye to finger lag. Could probably write an addon to do it similar to how healbot functioned in the past, but it's in that grey area of where addons are allowed and aren't, and I'm not all that good with LUA anyway. Ah well, was just a thought.
    Well you could use

/cast Fire and Brimstone
    /cast Incinerate

but I'm not a fan of using macros like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Just get a reforge add on and change stats fight to fight. In the new raids you can mount up with a reforge mount in most places. No worries.
    Asking the raid to wait for me to reforge between boss fights, just to find a stat balance between single/multi-target encounters, is not what most people would call viable. I will try mastery=crit>haste though, thanks Viggers

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Well you could use

/cast Fire and Brimstone
    /cast Incinerate

but I'm not a fan of using macros like that.
    That's the lag I'm trying to reduce. If I clip it even a little too soon, I'm casting regular incin.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

That's the lag I'm trying to reduce. If I clip it even a little too soon, I'm casting regular incin.
    With my change to Destro for this tier I looked for an answer to that as well (a few pages back) to no avail. There's no really good solution at all with how FnB interacts with itself (ie: can't be cast again if the buff is on you even though its internal GCD is over).

Really kinda sucks.

I've been running my character through simcraft quit a bit over the past few days and trying out it's recommendations but for some reason I can't get it to give me consistent results. I started as GoSac with Mastery>Crit>Haste and was pulling decent numbers with it then I got a few new items and it recommended GoSup with Crit>=Haste>mastery but when I switched I lost almost 6k dps even though simcraft said it was about 1200dps increase. Anyone else having troubles like this or know what I could be doing wrong?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lyynx/advanced
    ^Armory in case you wanted to check it out

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    With my change to Destro for this tier I looked for an answer to that as well (a few pages back) to no avail. There's no really good solution at all with how FnB interacts with itself (ie: can't be cast again if the buff is on you even though its internal GCD is over).

Really kinda sucks.
    it does, but on the bright side, even with that input lag our aoe is extremely strong

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=1 Fire and Brimstone, Incinerate

Will try and cast fire and brimstone. If it can't and you keep spamming the button it'll keep trying to cast Fire and Brimstone until either it successfully does, or 1 second goes by of you not hitting the button.

If you're just starting AoEing, it'll work as expected (FnB->Incinerate)

If you're already AoEing, spamming the button will try and cast FnB until it can. Once it does your next spam will be incinerate.

If you manage to get the rotation off, then either leave the button alone for 1 second, or manually cast Incinerate, or both.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give that one a try. I believe I tried that once before, but I'd break it every time a cast didn't finish, but that may have been something else. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    Asking the raid to wait for me to reforge between boss fights, just to find a stat balance between single/multi-target encounters, is not what most people would call viable. I will try mastery=crit>haste though, thanks Viggers
    I'm all for quick resets after wipes and moving right along between bosses. To reforge with reforge saver literally takes less then 10 seconds. I don't think your friends would be mad, but whatev. Go ahead and choose the mediocre for all situations build rather then the best build for the job at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=1 Fire and Brimstone, Incinerate
    Any way to reduce the massive delay between the spells? I want my incinerates pretty much back to back. I use a regular /cast fnb /cast spell macro and wait for the cast to finish before i hit it again. If you time it well (and have a fine latency) you have no delay between the casts. Could be imagination, but i feel like im losing a lot of casts using this castsequence macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Any way to reduce the massive delay between the spells? I want my incinerates pretty much back to back. I use a regular /cast fnb /cast spell macro and wait for the cast to finish before i hit it again. If you time it well (and have a fine latency) you have no delay between the casts. Could be imagination, but i feel like im losing a lot of casts using this castsequence macro.
    /shrug

I don't use a macro for FnB at all, so I don't have experience beyond my general macro knowledge back from when I was a frequent-helper in the interface/macro section a year or two ago.

You probably anwsered this already like three times in this thread, but couldn't find anything so here it goes:
    Why are you using RoF in your starting rotation, before the procs and CDs? If you're using it, shouldn't it be better to buff it with everything you can get?