Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why did blizz remove the LFG Buff?

Now my new level 90 shaman takes an hour to clear a heroic cause I usually get pair with new 90's aswell and they have no idea wtf there doing.
    Last edited by Clarke; 2013-03-22 at 01:57 PM.

Deleted
    wtf, 2hours for a heroic?!

talk to them, explain fights that might pose a challenge. help heal if you're a dps, interrupt things that need to be interrupted. Tell people when their dps is low, try to help them if you can.

LFG and LFR are awful because people don't help others and make it a valid gameplay experience.

ya, kinda over exaggerated :P,fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    It didn't even take an hour to clear a heroic when the expansion hit and no one had gear.

So either all 5 of you are mentally challenged with clearing content, or you can't read time correctly.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

well I did state that 4 outta 5 of them were.

1. get a Guild or
    2. make your own group in trade

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it probably took about 30 minutes and the OP is just exaggerating.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but if you can't complete a MoP heroic without a 15% health/damage buff, you don't deserve to clear it.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

nope these guys were real bad, people dying on alot of trash pulls, tanks and DPS leaving on pulls.

I was just wondering why they removed the buff, and why they didnt post it in the patch notes (atleast I didnt see it)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    It didn't even take an hour to clear a heroic when the expansion hit and no one had gear.

So either all 5 of you are mentally challenged with clearing content, or you can't read time correctly.
    The problem is, when the expansion hit you had motivated players who generally knew the game. Further into the expansion you're getting some alts, yes, but mostly slow-leveling ultra-casuals. I recently hit 90 on my priest and can attest to the truth of 2 hour dungeon groups. I have seen groups where the highest dps is 30k. When I'm healing generally there arent deaths, but I've seen people wipe to the craziest things.

LFR is the same way - its not too bad the first few weeks while 'real raiders' are still doing it, then turns into a shit tornado to Oz as it fills up with casuals

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because people were complaining it is too easy....

But I am very upset by this, people doing random hcs are only getting worse and worse, I used to get cranky when every dps was pulling around 30k, now I pray for at least one who does as much, average lfr dps is 20k atm. Gear is irrelevant. Had a fresh 90 mage in greens/blues doing 18k dps yesterday and a hunter in 492 lfr gear doing 21k.....

seems so, being 444 Ilvl and doing top dps doesnt seem right.

Deleted
    As far as I remember, the buff was appearing on Challenge Modes. They couldn't figure a fix asap and I reckon they removed it from everything, until they can fix it.

It may be a bug. It's not showing up in random groups, but a 5% buff appears any time I wander solo into an instance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    It may be a bug. It's not showing up in random groups, but a 5% buff appears any time I wander solo into an instance.
    This. Queueing to LFD with a premade group of 2-4 gives you 5 percent buff as well. That's clearly not intended, if anything premades would get lesser buff (before patch it was 15% for 1-2 people, 10% for 3 people, 5% for 4 people and 0% for full premade group)

Yeah it's annoying. I keep getting groups that I'm the top dps (I'm a tank) and the the top2 dps is the healer.

I'm not joking about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    As far as I remember, the buff was appearing on Challenge Modes. They couldn't figure a fix asap and I reckon they removed it from everything, until they can fix it.
    Why would it appear there when you can't queue up for Challenge Mode and the buff is only for when you queue up with random people?

Deleted
    I've seen REALLY horrible DPS this expansion. I've even had a fire mage in the group once, from another server, that did such awful DPS. he struggled pulling 6K DPS on most pulls. I had such pity on him, that I actually gave him my realID and spent 2 hours tutoring him after the run, and ran a scenario with him so he can get a new weapon. his DPS was tripled, from 6 to 18K, and at one point, during the scenario, he pulled 21K DPS. It's still pretty bad, but I'm certain that he was very happy about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    LFR is the same way - its not too bad the first few weeks while 'real raiders' are still doing it, then turns into a shit tornado to Oz as it fills up with casuals
    I've notice that I just really don't like to play LFD or LFR with these "real raiders" and other elitist what not. Even playing with bads is more enjoyable than with the ones I mentioned earlier. No offense if anyone here happens to be one of those.