Axe makes a joke of visage. Spin2win free gold #yolo

You can easily use them for global presence while farming your lane and that's usually how I play him if my lane isn't very exciting. Anywhere you think there might be a gank it's a good idea to have your familiars there, of course. A big reason a lot of players keep them near the hero is because they are constantly ganking on the hero and familiars go where the fights are.

Biggest reason to go scepter on Visage, in my opinion, is 3 level 3 familiars can dish out like 900 damage to a tower in a matter of half a second, then go stone form and finish it off. Even Leshrac is jealous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Axe makes a joke of visage. Spin2win free gold #yolo
    Good thing Axe is pretty useless past 30 mins, then
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Games don't last 30 minutes with a proper Axe. Nothing like going 15-0 with a 9 minute atos or euls making it impossible for anyone to get away.

Besides, his ult will always be fantastic, and battle call goes through BKB (fantastic).

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides, his ult will always be fantastic, and battle call goes through BKB (fantastic).
    Scepter should be core on Axe if the game's going late. Ulti a creep and your entire team gets that huge 25% ms boost and it has 100% uptime as long as you have mana and something to chop in half. Axe is also the ideal answer to an enemy Dazzle since Axe doesn't give a shit about Shallow Grave.

Taunt going through BKB is somewhat meh, since there are a lot of good abilities that go through BKB. But what amounts to a 3 second stun every 10 sec through BKB is pretty potent... if they're on a 5 sec BKB, you can waste 3 sec of it guaranteed.

Also, get a Force Staff instead of Blink Dagger on Axe. Taunt them, run towards your team, and when they turn to continue attacking you, shove them into your team. Never gets old.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not brought a courier yet, but that new owl/penguin looks really awesome and adorable .

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    And when it comes to Russian casters, v1lat got nothing on Versuta, the bright star in the world of casting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IZ_...ailpage#t=228s (headphone warning)
    It's even more hilarious when you understand at least some of the words he's saying. For example I'm polish and I could understand about half of it and the result was I almost shit myself laughing.
    Last edited by Grimsdott; 2013-03-22 at 10:50 AM.

credits: Supernerd

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but they got nothing on Jaymes. More Dreamhack Invitational in only 3 hours 48 minutes, I'll gladly take that over Tobi or even BTS casting online Chinese pausing tournaments any day.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 01:13 PM ----------

The moment when you random OD and think you won mid and those nerds send 2 people against you................................
    I was like: Poor Hermanni, getting totally destroyed. :< Could have been neat if you owned them.

I don't know what's up with the hate on Tobi, it might because I havn't played 1000+ games or so that I miss something but I certainly enjoy his streams. Sometimes I ask myself did he really just say that but it rarely happens for me. He makes the big clashes more funny imo. But when he has a co-caster with him the stream is certainly better. He should have Bruno co-cast with him more he is a great caster(Bruno).

But yea hands down James is just awesome, (Am I'm the only one that loves the compination of his voice and accent?)
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Also, get a Force Staff instead of Blink Dagger on Axe. Taunt them, run towards your team, and when they turn to continue attacking you, shove them into your team. Never gets old.
    I usually don't get either unless they have a godzilla of a carry like 5 core Luna or Sven who absolutely needs to be initiated on for your team to have a shot at killing. Euls or Atos and just walk up and battle call works in 95% of situations, and both of those items are way more useful stat wise than blink/force. Euls gives you 500 movespeed with battle hunger up on a couple of people, atos is just fantastic hp/mana boost and one of the best actives in the game. In my experience, jungle tranqs > rush atos/euls is the best you can do on Axe. After that you pretty much just gank full time and farm up whatever your team needs. Blademail, scepter, HH, etc. Playing Axe as an int caster is the only way.

Deleted
    I usually don't get either unless they have a godzilla of a carry like 5 core Luna or Sven who absolutely needs to be initiated on for your team to have a shot at killing. Euls or Atos and just walk up and battle call works in 95% of situations, and both of those items are way more useful stat wise than blink/force. Euls gives you 500 movespeed with battle hunger up on a couple of people, atos is just fantastic hp/mana boost and one of the best actives in the game. In my experience, jungle tranqs > rush atos/euls is the best you can do on Axe. After that you pretty much just gank full time and farm up whatever your team needs. Blademail, scepter, HH, etc. Playing Axe as an int caster is the only way.
    No shadow blade?

I like sometimes getting Force out of Tranquils, but pretty much agree with the rest. Not to forget cute little items like Medallion and Urn, and now that Tranquils are slightly less hot mid-game choice for a hero that is pretty likely to take a few hits it's not a bad idea to swap them out for Arcanes and have enough mana to maybe even get a Pipe or Mek. Farming the entire game as Axe just to notice that the enemy either ignore you or are fed enough to slaughter you despite your heart/blademail/blink/vanguard is just a waste of everyone's time. Though I think Blademail is still a bit of a waste unless you go all the way to the next level and pair it with a MoM.

I've no idea why so many people neglect getting Urn, it's like one of the best support items out there. It's almost painful to watch supports stacking Bracers when nobody has that other item that also gives 6 strength but is around 10x better. And on a hero like Axe it makes sniping people with Battle Hunger that much easier.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-22 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    No shadow blade?
    No, shadow blade is for centaur, silly.

Urn is fine for axe. In the end, it should not take you so long in the jungle to get items that people are more fed than you. I've seen Axe emergy from his jungle around 10 minutes with Atos. That is game breaking. That's what Axe does, he breaks early game with battle hunger and culling blade. If he isn't 10-0 by 25 minutes he has failed and deserves to lose.

The tranq nerf hurts them as a permanent choice but still the go-to choice for junglers. I'd get arcanes if I did more laning and less creep tanking.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-03-22 at 06:26 PM.

The tranq nerf hurts them as a permanent choice but still the go-to choice for junglers. I'd get arcanes if I did more laning and less creep tanking.
    I still can't figure it out how is Tranqboots-HoT is dispelled on damage, I mean, I know it breaks from heroes, ande from a few neutrals aswell..

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    I don't know what's up with the hate on Tobi, it might because I havn't played 1000+ games or so that I miss something but I certainly enjoy his streams. Sometimes I ask myself did he really just say that but it rarely happens for me. He makes the big clashes more funny imo. But when he has a co-caster with him the stream is certainly better. He should have Bruno co-cast with him more he is a great caster(Bruno).
    A lot of people hate Tobi for little to no reason, he isn't nearly as awful as some people make him out to be but I do tend to mute him quite often when there isn't a decent color commentator, and sometimes even when there is. BTS do a good job at covering the Asian scene and their casters are usually up to scratch, and although there's a lot of interesting teams and high-level games in the Asian tourneys the constant pausing and stream lag caused by shitty Chinese internets has made me close the stream quite a few times.

I doubt Bruno will cast much with Tobi since he was flown to Sweden to work full time for The GD Studio along with Draskyl and the others. I like the GD crew because they've plenty of people running the casts, and they don't constantly shout and use copious amounts of filler words ('OMG THAT WAS HUGE THING HE JUST USED HIS SKILL TO KILL THAT GUY WHICH IS PRETTY AMAZING' or however Lysah would put it), at least not to the extent of many other casters. James sets a good example with this, even he probably doesn't know that much more about Dota than Tobi he still does a good job at play-by-play commentary without needing to raise his voice or exaggerate but he still keeps it interesting all the same. They just run a good show in Sweden and don't take themselves too seriously.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-22 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    I was like: Poor Hermanni, getting totally destroyed. :< Could have been neat if you owned them.

But yea hands down James is just awesome, (Am I'm the only one that loves the compination of his voice and accent?)
    Solo commenting is dull. This is not new. If one is not no-lifer enough to check a sport match once in a while then he/she would notice almost every single match or even most media events are presented by a commentator and and analyst who knows more than commentator. What surprises me that people blame tobi for cast being dull when he's solo. Also, consider the fact that community is composed of highly complexed players. Whenever tobi screams for ultra-easy move they think it was easy move, they could do it just as well so it doesn't deserve such "excitement" and get angry. Overall, I enjoy tobi's casts a lot. Tho, I can't play or watch dota 2 these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Also, consider the fact that community is composed of highly complexed players. Whenever tobi screams for ultra-easy move they think it was easy move, they could do it just as well so it doesn't deserve such "excitement" and get angry. Overall, I enjoy tobi's casts a lot. Tho, I can't play or watch dota 2 these days...
    This exists in all of E-sports sadly. I dont know what causes people to think like this, I guess its some sort of "durr I know all of this why mention it he's instulting MUH INTELLIGENCE" thing. I'd like to see a caster cater to these people once and commentate a game going "oh yeah he throws this spell, that was to be expected and now they win the teamfight sooooo exciting" in a monotone voice just to show how boring it would be
    Shoutcasting is pure entertainment, nothing more. Commentators are not supposed to delve into the depths of the metagame during a game except if theres nothing going on and the players are just farming anways.
    This is one reason I stopped watching competitive League of Legends. Early game is passive as hell and the meta doesnt have a lot of variety, so the first 20 minutes is usually just commentators comparing CS between teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

stuff
    Not filler words, exactly, just extremely overhyping the action. Plenty of times I've been linked a video of a match and watched 15 minutes of or so just to see a Magnus ult two heroes while invis and then skewer them into a tower while they are stunned and the caster is just screaming his head off about how good the player is and how amazing that play was when there was no way he could have screwed it up. Even better is when a hero like Sven runs in, storm bolts someone, kills them before they can move, and the caster is still screaming his head off about how amazing that play was when the newest of newbs could've done the exact same thing.

They appear to believe everything is absurd skill just because skilled players are doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    It's even more hilarious when you understand at least some of the words he's saying. For example I'm polish and I could understand about half of it and the result was I almost shit myself laughing.
    Google Translate says the title is "stupid burger." Is he calling people stupid burgers?

Google Translate says the title is "stupid burger." Is he calling people stupid burgers?
    it means "stupid americano" :s

Not filler words, exactly, just extremely overhyping the action. Plenty of times I've been linked a video of a match and watched 15 minutes of or so just to see a Magnus ult two heroes while invis and then skewer them into a tower while they are stunned and the caster is just screaming his head off about how good the player is and how amazing that play was when there was no way he could have screwed it up. Even better is when a hero like Sven runs in, storm bolts someone, kills them before they can move, and the caster is still screaming his head off about how amazing that play was when the newest of newbs could've done the exact same thing.

They appear to believe everything is absurd skill just because skilled players are doing it.
    I guess that's a better way to put it. In their defense, for most of the audience consistently blinking into grouped up enemies and pressing RP is probably a good enough display of skill to justify the praise but the constant shouting over nothing gets annoying nevertheless.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-23 at 10:56 AM.

Yeah he's basically bitter about that Pudge not engaging NS and is.. well... "saying" how he hates americans and they shout eat hamburgers instead of playing Dota, among other things.

My favourite moment is when he tries to flame in english but pauses when he can't form a sentence and throws a fit in russian with like 6 words per second.
    Last edited by Grimsdott; 2013-03-23 at 12:25 PM.

credits: Supernerd