Thread: You, 0 A.D.

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

You, 0 A.D.

An interesting concept:P You, right at this moment get transported to 0 AD. You have zero time to prepare, you cant take anything with you. You also have no idea how this happened and no way back.

How would you deal with the situation? Would you try to pass on the modern knowledge, possible changing history? Would you even know enough to pass something on? (you might know that computers cars etc. are possible but wouldnt know how to make them so you might end up being burned on the cross like a heretic).

So what would you do it this happened to you?

I'd start Christianity. Actually, that whole thing didn't end well.

I'd nip it in the bud. Then probably lie in foetal position, rock backwards and forwards and cry.
    Last edited by willtron; 2013-03-23 at 03:26 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I would attempt to teach people that they needed to bathe so that I may be able to find a half decent woman that didn't smell like ass, then live as comfortably as is possible during that time =3

Deleted
    I would probably use the knowledge I have in order to advance mankind, maybe stop the Dark ages from happening. If I was sent back in time, I would firmly believe it was for a good reason. I could advance humanities knowledge on Anatomy, Medicine and Biology a hell of a lot, once they believed me on these subjects then maybe they would be open to more advanced knowledge. I Would NOT share my knowledge of weapons and how to make them though, not under any circumstances, Humans cannot be trusted not to abuse such great power.

Deleted
    I'd rape Mary.

Joseph confronts mary when he notice she's pregnant.
    Mary being scared says "uh... God is the father!"

Holy shit, I'm the father of Jesus.

Infracted: Inappropriate post and a forbidden topic.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-03-24 at 01:03 AM.

I'd probably get some clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You're up in arms about something you never had and never knew you were going to have until more recent times, now you're pissed off because it turns out you might not get it, even though nobody ever actually said you were getting it anyway?
    Turns out painting a bunch of circles on the floor is all it takes to totally trivialize an encounter designed by Blizzard's dev team. I guess it must be pretty scary when your best work is broken down and utterly defeated by trigonometry.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I would probably use the knowledge I have in order to advance mankind, maybe stop the Dark ages from happening. If I was sent back in time, I would firmly believe it was for a good reason. I could advance humanities knowledge on Anatomy, Medicine and Biology a hell of a lot, once they believed me on these subjects then maybe they would be open to more advanced knowledge. I Would NOT share my knowledge of weapons and how to make them though, not under any circumstances, Humans cannot be trusted not to abuse such great power.
    Lets say the Bible is a semi accurate document (for arguements sake) people weren't too tolerant of change back then.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I doubt I'd be able to much really.
    You could say "Change the future", but even with modern knowledge, you don't really have a way to convey that information in a good way.
    Best case scenario, you are able to spike interest into a specific field of science, but you will be killed for being a witch or wizard...people are really scared of things they do not understand, especially leaders.
    Free speech wasn't really all that good back in those days, so really, I couldn't do much without being looked upon as a heretic.

I'd most likely do some work, trying to find a way to get myself back into my own time, ultimately failing in doing so I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

There was no year 0. It went from 1 BC to 1 AD. So I imagine my time machine would explode trying to find a year that didn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

well i'd find a place far from that time civilization arrange a refuge/house and keep living

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Lets say the Bible is a semi accurate document (for arguements sake) people weren't too tolerant of change back then.
    The bible didn't know shit about the natives of Britain in the year 0AD, all that intolerance crap came much, much later. The Romans were VERY open to new ideas for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Join the Legion and/or senate, make the empire world spanning and more advanced with my knowlege of gunpowder and other things. Eventually leading up to the founding of the Terran empire. We really should change the name of Earth to Terra.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Yeah =3 pretty sure my idea would get me killed as well. If someone bathed more than once a year just a few hundred years ago (or however long ago it was) they could be called a witch and burned/stone/whatever. Peeps be cray cray back then!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    I doubt I'd be able to much really.
    You could say "Change the future", but even with modern knowledge, you don't really have a way to convey that information in a good way.
    Best case scenario, you are able to spike interest into a specific field of science, but you will be killed for being a witch or wizard...people are really scared of things they do not understand, especially leaders.
    Free speech wasn't really all that good back in those days, so really, I couldn't do much without being looked upon as a heretic.

I'd most likely do some work, trying to find a way to get myself back into my own time, ultimately failing in doing so I believe.
    Well you might have a chance if you knew what you were doing. People were more open minded around 0 AD than they were during the dark age. You could also claim that the revelations came from Neptun or Zeus or whatever and not many would question you if they actually worked as most people were not Christian yet back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    An interesting concept:P You, right at this moment get transported to 0 AD. You have zero time to prepare, you cant take anything with you. You also have no idea how this happened and no way back.

How would you deal with the situation? Would you try to pass on the modern knowledge, possible changing history? Would you even know enough to pass something on? (you might know that computers cars etc. are possible but wouldnt know how to make them so you might end up being burned on the cross like a heretic).

So what would you do it this happened to you?
    Well if I were transported to the very same spot in 0 AD I would still be on the American Continent so I really wouldn't know what to expect.

I imagine being the first white man to show up in North America with a real pair of shoes and a Bic lighter would of made me seem like a god.

Cry because I'm stuck in North America with all them natives.

I wonder how many of those who would have big plans can speak latin or whatever ancient lenguage to accomplish what they said lmao

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    I wonder how many of those who would have big plans can speak latin or whatever ancient lenguage to accomplish what they said lmao
    Doesn't matter, you can learn a language pretty damn quick if you are immersed in it and have no choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Well if I were transported to the very same spot in 0 AD I would still be on the American Continent so I really wouldn't know what to expect.

I imagine being the first white man to show up in North America with a real pair of shoes and a Bic lighter would of made me seem like a god.
    Yea.. sucks being a woman in my case. Id hope to be taken seriously to be honest But if given the chance I'd still probably spread Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Well you might have a chance if you knew what you were doing. People were more open minded around 0 AD than they were during the dark age. You could also claim that the revelations came from Neptun or Zeus or whatever and not many would question you if they actually worked as most people were not Christian yet back then.
    The problem is communication.
    I first need to learn their language, then find a viable way to translate modern words into their own language, then I need to find a way to convey the message without being branded as a heretic.

Even before Christianity, it was dangerous for people to "Not believe".
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.