Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MMO-Champion announced Hearthstone 2 years ago

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-15-Blue-Posts

Look at it below WOW X4.

On other news, we have SC2 Phoenix(Project Blackstone?), Starcraft2 X2, Diablo3 X1, WOW Movie, WOW X5 and Titan at this year's BlizzCon.

They didn't announce anything, they merely reproduced.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    you killed a kitten

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    you killed a kitten
    Indeed. /mourn

Maybe there once was a plan to do something with the WoW TCG, and maybe that got turned into Hearthstone, but that slate is no proof of that in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Maybe there once was a plan to do something with the WoW TCG, and maybe that got turned into Hearthstone, but that slate is no proof of that in any way.
    I do believe that too since they said they wanted to make a game with a smaller team, smaller scope and releasing it faster. 3 years is faster than Blizzard usually does, but it is a damn long time for this one. I suspect it only was a wish at that time, maybe it only became more concrete a year ago; SC2 and D3 being released might have allowed them more devs to work with full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    /hail /kneel /kissfeet

Boub has the hook up! Holler if you hear him!

You sure you don't work for Blizzard?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    You sure you don't work for Blizzard?
    If he actually worked for them I think it would be harder for him to do what he does.

He knows guys.

Possibly gals too.

Or maybe he DOES work for them and he's just that good. Eh? Eh?

WoW, just wow! And it pretty much confirms I can't read since I saw that exact post a bit earlier heh...

BTW, any ideas about what is SC2 Phoenix?

im watching you -_-

oh and @Op there goes another poor little kitten :/
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    3 years? I hope that has nothing to do with the speed of the devolopment tho. I do hope it eventually turned into this by "lets do something" -> "maytbe if" -> "yes good lets go".
    I mean if they really worked this for 3 years (little over time) it better be one hell of a card game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    3 years? I hope that has nothing to do with the speed of the devolopment tho. I do hope it eventually turned into this by "lets do something" -> "maytbe if" -> "yes good lets go".
    I mean if they really worked this for 3 years (little over time) it better be one hell of a card game.
    Might not have been prio 1. Just because it has been announced that they want to release a digital card game 3 years ago does not mean they have been working on it ever since.

Why did the kitten have to die, OP!? You fiend! Stop using that thing, save the kittens!

It's off by now anyway, so can't use it anymore as an excuse.

Deleted
    I noticed the schedule is slipping. We still know nothing about "SC: Phoenix", and while Project Blackstone may lead up to it, the news has been mostly silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    The slate could have been made before the team was even fully assembled. They could have had one guy sitting there with the idea and waiting for the go ahead to assemble the Avengers his team.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't mean that they had Hearthstone planned 2 years ago. They have a TCG they've been developing and supporting for 5+ years. It has literally nothing to do with Hearthstone, and they recently just released a new set for it (Timewalkers: Betrayal of the Guardian released February 2013).

Hearthstone is a CCG, not a TCG. Please know the difference.

Potentially SC2 phoenix is a new version of SC Ghost (as in, they're reviving a killed project)?

Of course, they could have just been speculating about bringing it back and may have decided not to. It's been awhile since then, anyway.